Myth of Israel's Favorable Treatment of Palestinian Christians

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by P F Tinmore, Mar 26, 2012.

1. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,928
    Amb. Michael Oren's article, 'Israel and the Plight of Mideast Christians,' presents Israel as a tolerant, dove-like, and peaceful democracy. This is belied by the facts.

I am one of those Palestinian Christians living inside Israel to whom Oren refers. At no time in my life have I ever felt the ‘respect and appreciation’ by the Jewish state, which Oren so glowingly references. Israel’s Christian minority is marginalized in much the same manner as its Muslim one or, at best, quietly tolerated. We suffer the same discrimination when we try to find a job, when we go to hospitals, when we apply for bank loans, and when we get on the bus – in the same way as Palestinian Muslims.

Israel’s fundamental basis is as a racist state built for Jews only, and the majority of the Jewish population doesn’t really care what religion we are if we’re not Jewish. In my daily dealings with the State, all I have felt is rudeness and overt contempt.

Oren’s statement that ‘The extinction of the Middle East's Christian communities is an injustice of historic magnitude’ is outright shocking to anyone familiar with even the basic history of how Israel was founded. I would like to remind him and others that this founding expelled thousands of Palestinian Christians from their homes in 1948 and displaced them, either forcing them to flee across the border or making them internal refugees. The ethnic cleansing of Palestinians that comprised the founding of Israel is, too, an injustice of historic magnitude.

Myth of Israel's Favorable Treatment of Palestinian Christians

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Christian Arab-American Dr. Wafa Sultan, Human Rights Activist, Among "Time Magazine's 100 Heroes and Pioneers Whose Power, Talent Or Moral Example Is Transforming Our World"

Wafa Sultan - The 2006 TIME 100 - TIME.

Israel - The One And The Only Free Democratic Country In The Entire Middle East.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  3. MJB12741

MJB12741 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,075
    Getting kinda desperate for something to throw against Israel, eh Tinmore? I mean OMG, now Tinmore finds a Palestinian Christian to help him out with his BS.

4. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,928
    I post Palestinian Christians often.

5. Roudy

Roudy Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,590
    Now come on MJ. We know that the Palestinians treat Christians and other minorities exactly the same way as their Muslim / Arab brethren do all over the world.

6. JStone

JStone BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    PFucktard :lol:
    [​IMG]

"Rep System Guidelines: Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism."

P F Tinmore Rep Power: 0
    "PF Tinmore is off the scale"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Vp642ERhM&feature=related]Sound-Effects - Crowd Laughing - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012