Myth busting universal healthcare

This always cracks me up. Oh, we're too big to have alternative energy.....Oh, we're too big to have universal healthcare. Bullsh*t!

We are THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. We have more resources and usable land than any country in the world. The only thing holding us back are the Republicans and the corporate lobbyists.

The 9 trillion dollar national debt proves this right?

On paper you are. However, if you are going to continue to mispend money on unnecessary wars you'll soon be swimming in debt, high inflation and unemployment...something has to give...

Endless social spending is the biggest culprit behind the US national debt, not military spending.

i would say unresponsible spending caused the debt, both military and social

No, actually it was Reagan's ridiculous military buildup and Bush's borrowing of $700 billion dollars from China to finance the occupation of Iraq.

My father died of Cancer only 1.4 years after being diagnosed. His insurance company paid 338,000 dollars for his treatment during that time. Now I do not know about you, but things like that lead to believe that the real costs of Universal health care will be exponentially more than 59 billion a year. In fact I think the real costs will make the military budget and the war in Iraq seem cheap! Now seeing we are running near half tillion dollar deficits, we really need to take a step back, and find out how much this will really cost before we jump into it.

I have read that over 50% of the cost of health care in aggregate, is spent on the last year of life.

I saw the government do the same damned thing for my mother.

They literally spent more on medical treatments in her last year of life, when it was totally apparent that she was toast, than she'd made in her entire life.

I pray to GOD I have the balls not to saddle my children and yours with those kinds of costs when I get my traveling papers.

Last edited:
Once again if someone can show me where in our constitution it says the all Americans have a right to healthcare I will be all for it...

Once again if someone can show me where in our constitution it says the all Americans have a right to healthcare I will be all for it...

The moment we return to the 18th century, I'm right there with ya'.

Endless social spending is the biggest culprit behind the US national debt, not military spending.
that's such bullshit....

the social programs like social security are bringing in SURPLUSSES in taxes, they are bringing in cash MORE than what the social program, social security is paying out....

disgressionary programs ARE NOT bringing in enough taxes to pay for themselves....

and the republican medicare PILL BILL that the pharma industry actually wrote, which passed in the middle of the night, 3am, with arm twisting, without the ability to buy drugs via bulk discounts and without the ability to buy from other countries is the worst bill our congress has ever passed.....

care

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness along with securing our general welfare provides the words you are looking for....

life, in today's world...takes health care......

i don't believe the constitution stops congress from pursuing universal health care if they feel it necessary to provide for this general welfare of its citizens....

i'm not really for it.....not without major system reforms, but i do not see where the constitution prevents it....

care

life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness along with securing our general welfare provides the words you are looking for....

life, in today's world...takes health care......

i don't believe the constitution stops congress from pursuing universal health care if they feel it necessary to provide for this general welfare of its citizens....

i'm not really for it.....not without major system reforms, but i do not see where the constitution prevents it....

care

You, me, Congress and the Supreme Court agree, but what do we know compared constitutional scholars like Mr. KMAN?

Forum List

Back