Mystic River

Outstanding cast: Kevin Bacon, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn & Laurence Fishburne. Critics gave it great rating across the board.

Been wanting to see this one myself. The storyline sounds great. Unfortunately, being the couch & computer potato I am, I'll probably wait for DVD. Maybe I'll see if the wifey would like to go out one night and see this one.

Is it just me, or was there not a lot of advertisement & hoopla for this movie?

Is it just me, or was there not a lot of advertisement & hoopla for this movie?
Yeah, there really wasn't. Maybe because it opened around the same time as Matrix: Revolutions? I guess it's not really the sort of upbeat thing that you can advertise all over the place. From what I hear, it's really great, though. I guess Clint Eastwood's a pretty good director apparently. I've never really seen anything he directed, I think. But, yeah, this looks like really great, powerful stuff.

Bry, yes, this is one movie I HAVE TO SEE!!!!! Although, i too am going to have to wait for DVD being I am sure this isn't something I would bring my kids to see, I doubt they would want to, or sit through it.

no, I wouldn't say it's a good one for kids. But hey, they aren't my kids! :D

Anyway, it's not a big effects movie that would lose alot from the big screen. As always, I'm a fan of letterbox versions for the tv...

Originally posted by Bry
Brilliant. I'd be surprised if it doesn't get best film this year.
I want to see this too. I must say, that because I listen the TV more than watch it, I kept thinking the movie was called "Mr. Quiver"- the guy who narrates the commercial says it so fast!

I may not like Sean Penn's politics but I gotta say he's one heck of an actor.

Mystic River was an intense, good and well-done movie, with a wonderful cast. Robbin Williams, Sean Penn and Laurence Fishburn were excellent in their respective roles.

Mystic River was an intense, good and well-done movie, with a wonderful cast. Robbin Williams, Sean Penn and Laurence Fishburn were excellent in their respective roles.

I think you mean Tim Robbins, Robin Williams isn't in this one. Thanks for reviving an 8-year old thread, I haven't participated in this forum in about that long.

I think you mean Tim Robbins, Robin Williams isn't in this one. Thanks for reviving an 8-year old thread, I haven't participated in this forum in about that long.

Oops! My bad! You're right. Tim Robbins was the one, not Robin Williams. I stand corrected. Thanks.

Forum List

Back