Mystery Shrouds Kidnap of Pro-Jihadist Canadian Activist by Pakistani Extremists

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The September 11 terror attacks were a watershed event in the life of a Canadian journalist named Beverly Giesebrecht.

Soon after Al Qaeda terrorists killed 3,000 people in the U.S., Giesebrecht converted to Islam, adopted a new name — Khadija Abdul Qahaar — and spent the next two years studying the Koran in Egypt.

She created a pro-Jihadi Web site, Jihad Unspun, and she developed a network of contacts, contributors and translators, some of whom introduced her to the Taliban in Pakistan.

She wrote of her motivations online:

"I became obsessed with finding out what was really going on. In the early days of my research, I remember sitting at five in the morning, exhausted, after going from link to link to link to link, starring at the face of Osama bin Laden. This man does not have the face of a cold blooded killer. This is not a Charles Manson. There has to be something more.

"I made the decision to launch a website with the hope of informing the public about some of the things I had come to know and to give voice to the other side of war on 'terrorism

FOXNews.com - Mystery Shrouds Kidnap of Pro-Jihadist Canadian Activist by Pakistani Extremists - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Poetic Justice?

Don't know. I'm wondering though what thought process was in play when she watched the terrorists kill 3000 people, and she decides to befriend them..? surely she watched as they beheaded Daniel Pearl, what kind of idiot befriends folks like that?

Maybe the Taliban didn't like the fact that she knows how to read and write, or maybe she felt she should have more rights than other women under Taliban rule. Maybe she just said one little thing that wasn't acceptable to her masters.

Soon after Al Qaeda terrorists killed 3,000 people in the U.S., Giesebrecht converted to Islam, adopted a new name — Khadija Abdul Qahaar — and spent the next two years studying the Koran in Egypt.

She created a pro-Jihadi Web site, Jihad Unspun, and she developed a network of contacts, contributors and translators, some of whom introduced her to the Taliban in Pakistan.

The only thing I have to say is this: Get the beheading on pay-per-view and I'll get the popcorn.

The only thing I have to say is this: Get the beheading on pay-per-view and I'll get the popcorn.

You are too late.. This is April 6th.

I know they gave her until the end of March, but what happened? Was she killed or was this a publicity stunt?

I know they gave her until the end of March, but what happened? Was she killed or was this a publicity stunt?

I suspect she has been killed. Her headless body has just not been found yet! Taliban have no use for old grizzled DUmbazz women!

I suspect she has been killed. Her headless body has just not been found yet! Taliban have no use for old grizzled DUmbazz women!

The Taliban went about it the wrong way. They should have demanded $375,000 to kill her. They might have even gotten more!

you need to slowly yet firmly remove your head from your butt....

right wingnuts like you aren't the only non-terrorists.

freak.

Forum List

Back