Mystery For The WhiteHouse: Jobs. Where'd They Go?

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Do they really have to ask such a thing? Are these people really this dense?

Mystery for White House: Where Did the Jobs Go?

Welcome as it is, progress toward finally capping the gulf oil leak hasn’t resolved the biggest conundrum facing President Obama before the midterm elections.

That conundrum, which reclaims center stage in Washington this week, is this: Why is unemployment so high?

The whodunit has flummoxed economists in both parties for a year. In 2009, as the new Obama administration grappled with the financial crisis, joblessness rose nearly two points beyond customary recession forecasts.

Part of the uncertainty concerns why. More consequential now, as the administration and Congress determine what to do, is whether the unemployment spike reflects a short-term or permanent shift in demand for workers.

Quite frankly? This has been beat to death...but they still ask WHY...They know what caused it. And they also know employers and investors are sitting on their money...and with the uncertainy of what this regime is going to do next?

Perhaps a few lessons in human nature as it relates to capitalism are in order here? The lessons have been oft-repeated...but the audacity to still ask why.

Boggles the mind.

There's more in the article from some other pointy-headed elitists that don't have a clue either except to either elude to blame Bush...or make incipid statements like this:

Christina Romer, who leads the council now for Mr. Obama, said, “We’ve done a lot of things to look at possible explanations.”

And in the next couple of paragraphs ?

Analysts looked into whether the troubled housing market created “job-lock” by preventing potential employees from selling homes and moving toward new opportunities. They also considered whether extended unemployment benefits deterred others from going back to work.

Instead, their analysis pointed toward the effect of the financial crisis on business owners who reacted to the fear and uncertainty by laying off employees in extraordinary numbers.

Think maybe they're attempting to get it... Maybe... McFly? Bueller? Frye?

They know what they need to do...but 'never waste a good crisis' has rung too many bells for most...and the answer is obvious. Seems the few minority Elitists in the District of Criminals have many of the majority of us here in 'flyover country' on their knees. My how wonderful the minority must feel.

C'mon November.

I collected unemployment, one time in my life, in 1976.
Back then, it only lasted for 6 months.
4 extensions have been granted present day, for almost a total of 2 years.
We're not into a great recession, it must be a semi-depression.

Never been on that road...but know many whom have and are.
We are on the brink...and these people try to feign ignorance as to why.
They know darned well why. It's about time we showed them they aren't dealing with a bunch of hayseeds.

We're pissed, and they know it.

These people know what they must do...but they refuse to wrest the power back to the people. Odd that a minority of politicians have this much control over their employers...and many have the audacity to seek re-nomination after the mess they caused?

I think not. It's time to send them all home. Fire the entire bunch like any employer would do.

My brother worked as a probation supervisor for the county for 15 years or so. He got sick about 3 years ago, missed a lot of work and they let him go (lots of department politics also played into it). He had a hefty nest egg and refused unemployment because he didn't really need it. He is close to a full recovery, although not quite there yet.

Forum List

Back