My Wife Went Nuts Today over Good News

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
She is not suffering a third attack of pancreatitis. She just pulled up her lab reports today, found out the good news and then did a fairly good imitation of a two year old eating her way through the candy. Luckily she retained enough sanity to avoid doing back flips. With two hip replacements and her spine being held together with plates and screws that would have been a disaster. Any ideas on how to keep her from overdoing the celebration the next time? She was frightening me.

She is not suffering a third attack of pancreatitis. She just pulled up her lab reports today, found out the good news and then did a fairly good imitation of a two year old eating her way through the candy. Luckily she retained enough sanity to avoid doing back flips. With two hip replacements and her spine being held together with plates and screws that would have been a disaster. Any ideas on how to keep her from overdoing the celebration the next time? She was frightening me.

Two ideas.

upload_2019-5-19_23-57-37.png

upload_2019-5-19_23-58-9.png

I do keep a bottle of whisky in the refrigerator so it won't evaporate but Gail takes a while to come down.

Dear william the wie
I'd do a pre-emptive strike and make plans in advance
to take her out to a fancy dinner or something fine you both can share to celebrate.
Pick something that reminds you of the best moments you like to share,
and set a date to do that. Bring out the best in each other and that supersedes the worst!

Dear william the wie
I'd do a pre-emptive strike and make plans in advance
to take her out to a fancy dinner or something fine you both can share to celebrate.
Pick something that reminds you of the best moments you like to share,
and set a date to do that. Bring out the best in each other and that supersedes the worst!

Good idea but one of her buddies just came back from MN today so that was a nonstarter.

Prayers up for you and your dear lady, william the wie. I'm glad she's okay, but pancreatitis is a bad thing to feed candy to, and I know you're worried about her tempting fate. I'm guessing she is older or has had a wreck that damaged her hips that needed surgery so bad. Because it sounds like she has autoimmune issues, you might use bing! search engine to look up a natural appetite suppression system for her. One thing that is certain to lower her appetite for bad stuff is a minute for a loving hug 3 or 4 times a day to let her know she's your best girl. Till a woman's dying day, she needs appreciation. It's hard for guys, because when we age we can be regular crabs with pinchers, Kiss the pinchers and hug the shoulders when she's grumpy. The words, "what can I do to help you feel better?" might be music to her ears. She might just need a drink of water. If she doesn't say anything, tell her "I'll get you some water (the way she likes it), and take the steps for her if you are able to get around. Can't remember 4 times a day? Invest in a timer and set it for 3 hours after each hug. See what happens after 2 weeks of that. I bet she won't be running for the candy dish, but you might get some. ;)

Good news indeed!

Glad for both of you.

And then today she got back the lab work to go with the imaging data from yesterday it took her several hours to find out that lipase from the stomach is cool but from the pancreas its bad news. The imaging data indicates the pancreas is healthy and therefore she is scheduled for colonoscopy combined with endoscopy to see if she has created ulcers with her NSAIDS intake. If I were a couple of decades younger I would be thinking about joining the French Foreign Legion. I probably wouldn't do it but I would be giving the idea serious thought.

Prayers up for you and your dear lady, william the wie. I'm glad she's okay, but pancreatitis is a bad thing to feed candy to, and I know you're worried about her tempting fate. I'm guessing she is older or has had a wreck that damaged her hips that needed surgery so bad. Because it sounds like she has autoimmune issues, you might use bing! search engine to look up a natural appetite suppression system for her. One thing that is certain to lower her appetite for bad stuff is a minute for a loving hug 3 or 4 times a day to let her know she's your best girl. Till a woman's dying day, she needs appreciation. It's hard for guys, because when we age we can be regular crabs with pinchers, Kiss the pinchers and hug the shoulders when she's grumpy. The words, "what can I do to help you feel better?" might be music to her ears. She might just need a drink of water. If she doesn't say anything, tell her "I'll get you some water (the way she likes it), and take the steps for her if you are able to get around. Can't remember 4 times a day? Invest in a timer and set it for 3 hours after each hug. See what happens after 2 weeks of that. I bet she won't be running for the candy dish, but you might get some. ;)

Gail, is more addicted to bacon than candy. Also she is having greater problems with eating anything that contains Citric acid. So, her favorite food is fried green tomato BLTs. And no she hasn't been in an accident her spine and other bone problems she inherited that from her dad.

Gail, is more addicted to bacon than candy. Also she is having greater problems with eating anything that contains Citric acid. So, her favorite food is fried green tomato BLTs. And no she hasn't been in an accident her spine and other bone problems she inherited that from her dad.

There's Citric acid in tomatoes. I don't take citric acid well, gives me cold sores.

I see I forgot to mention that Gail decided to get the roof fixed while dealing with multiple procedures that was interesting.

There's Citric acid in tomatoes. I don't take citric acid well, gives me cold sores.

BLTs with cheese should put Gail in the ER and having been a lab tech supervisor for most of her adult life she ranks up there with physicians as a nightmare patient. Me, I buy toys for my MD's kids. Gail can be as diplomatic as an Abram's tank or just sweet and nice. It depends on which of her buddies she is hanging out with now.
Gail regularly hangs out with a bird watching club, women's bible study class and the Mayo lab retirees. She learns a lot of things that ain't necessarily so.

Oh, my goodness. She's had a rough go of it, and it's hard on you. Her diet sounds ok, but I hope she follows her doctor's orders with what sounds like osteoporosis. I actually had a professional sewing machine instructor who had simiar problems to your wife. I hadn't thought about her in years. She could just cough and break a bone in her rib cage, and had broken 4 or 5 bones a year on average her last 3 or 4 years of life. Bless you both. It's as hard on you as it is on her. Been there done that with a different disease process. called dementia. WE went through one crisis after another until he passed quietly one day. Oh, those were hard times. Best wishes, william. Oh, yes, those mood shifts are part of the problem. On your next doctor visit, please have her parathyroids scanned for anomalies on the chance they are participating in a nefarious way on her calcium levels. This happens to more women than men, so please have it ruled out at least, on the small chance that's what's causing her issues she didn't have when she was young. If it is the problem, that small surgical procedure if tests show it, can turn her bone problems around. I only give it a 20% chance, but if that is the problem, her bone problems could vanish. The parathyroid glands govern calcium uptake and distribution. There are four of them in and around the neck area, so if they take out two, she still has two left, with a lot better health than she has had. Good night. I'm up late again. *sigh*

Last edited:

Forum List

Back