My wife went all redneck on me...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
After years of her 'settling' for her "well, it RUNS good" car, she finally got 'her' car. It's a green-house-gas-making 2002 F150 SuperCrew, 5.4L V8, Leather, Heated front seats, 6disc changer, power moon roof, etc, etc...it's also got a spray-in bed liner; which she'll make use of today, as her plans are to rip up some sod from an area of the yard she wants to change around, then weed the 'back 40', and take the stuff out to the dump.

Frankly, the last couple days I've had more fun driving this truck, than my RX8. :)

Mary just about to drive away in her truck.
marysf150a.jpg

Stopped for lunch on the way home...they look pretty nice together. :)
marysf150b.jpg

At this point, I'd avoid pissing her off. She can turn your car in to a micro-mini at will.

Shattered said:
At this point, I'd avoid pissing her off. She can turn your car in to a micro-mini at will.

Well, you can see she can't park in the lines...she'd have to catch me, anyway.

:D

Ex has an F150, 3/4 ton, extended cab for work. LOVED driving that thing; Hell on wheels. Tell Mary to head this way!!!

Joz said:
Ex has an F150, 3/4 ton, extended cab for work. LOVED driving that thing; Hell on wheels. Tell Mary to head this way!!!

...will ya keep her? Or send back a 'replacement'? ;) Naw...Just kidding :( :p:

-=d=- said:
...will ya keep her? Or send back a 'replacement'? ;) Naw...Just kidding :( :p:
She & I could be a regular "Thelma & Louise". Do you want us to write you?

Very nice. I like the four door versions better. However, she didn't go redneck. The truck is new, it has heated seats. A redneck trucks air conditioning requires the truck to be moving...

Is she going to drive around with the back bed "door" open (laying down)?

Now..for me....that is redneck.

Like the resistence with it up is so great that it will affect the gas mileage.

Right........

GotZoom said:
Is she going to drive around with the back bed "door" open (laying down)?

Now..for me....that is redneck.

Like the resistence with it up is so great that it will affect the gas mileage.

Right........

I've been reading about keeping the gate down HURTS fuel economy...go figure eh? :D

no1tovote4 said:
Very nice. I like the four door versions better. However, she didn't go redneck. The truck is new, it has heated seats. A redneck trucks air conditioning requires the truck to be moving...

:D it's nearly 4 years old...so, 'newer'...and yeah, the AC is NOT the 4-55 AC...it's literal Air Conditioning.

hehe

-=d=- said:
:D it's nearly 4 years old...so, 'newer'...and yeah, the AC is NOT the 4-55 AC...it's literal Air Conditioning.

hehe

Only 4 years old, like I said "new", at least from a redneck POV. Almost every redneck truck I have ever seen (I live in redneck territory) has windows you crank manually...

:funnyface

-=d=- said:
After years of her 'settling' for her "well, it RUNS good" car, she finally got 'her' car. It's a green-house-gas-making 2002 F150 SuperCrew, 5.4L V8, Leather, Heated front seats, 6disc changer, power moon roof, etc, etc...it's also got a spray-in bed liner; which she'll make use of today, as her plans are to rip up some sod from an area of the yard she wants to change around, then weed the 'back 40', and take the stuff out to the dump.

Frankly, the last couple days I've had more fun driving this truck, than my RX8. :)

Mary just about to drive away in her truck.

"She" drives the "truck"... "you" drive the "car"... isn't that backwards? :laugh:

Ya got a truck anyway... nice goin' Bud!

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Not backwards...I'm about 'finese'... :)

And razor-like precision.

She likes to 'haul shit'

:)

btw, I cleaned the thing up today...wow...lot of truck to wash :(

screw1stwasha.jpg

Had a helper, too! :)

screw1stwashethan.jpg

Darin, you had your camera with you at the dealership? :D

Cool truck, and your car is sweet, too. My husband would be drooling (over both)! We just turned in his Mazda for a Saturn Vue. He wouldn't let me drive the Mazda because "I can't drive a stick." What, I can't learn? But, his head brushed the roof of the Mazda when he sat in it, and now that we have multiple kids in extracurriculars, it's nice for me to be able to drive either car. Sorry 'bout his luck! :p:

Your boy's ride is sweet, too! Gotta love red! ;)

Forum List

Back