My Wife and the Census

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
First of all, my wife nearly threw the census into the recycling. I just happened to notice it while I was packing up the truck to go to the dump (she also almost threw out a Netflix movie).

Secondly, she was born in America. Her father was born here. Her mother emigrated from Cuba and was born in Havana to parents that had been from Northern Spain. What does that make her? Is she Cuban? Is she Spaniard? Or is she not of Hispanic origin?

She's white...that's easy.

First of all, my wife nearly threw the census into the recycling. I just happened to notice it while I was packing up the truck to go to the dump (she also almost threw out a Netflix movie).

Secondly, she was born in America. Her father was born here. Her mother emigrated from Cuba and was born in Havana to parents that had been from Northern Spain. What does that make her? Is she Cuban? Is she Spaniard? Or is she not of Hispanic origin?

She's white...that's easy.

Any pink spots? That may aid in identifying her...

Why do wives seem so hell bent on throwing shit away? :cuckoo:

I got my census form this week. I was shocked.....SHOCKED I tell you to discover that it doesn't ask any of the questions that the talking heads on radio said it would. :eek: What is the world coming to when the propaganda machine doesn't have an inkling of truth to it? :eusa_think:

This census form is suppose to be the shortest in history at 10 questions.
:eusa_shhh:

I got my census form this week. I was shocked.....SHOCKED I tell you to discover that it doesn't ask any of the questions that the talking heads on radio said it would. :eek: What is the world coming to when the propaganda machine doesn't have an inkling of truth to it? :eusa_think:

You must have gotten the liberal version.
I understand there is a conservative version that some get that asks lots more personal questions.

It isn't always just wives who do that. But as for the 'why', have you ever watched an episode of "Hoarders"?

We were also pleasantly surprised that the census form asked only sensible demographic kinds of questions and was not the least bit personally invasive. The most really personal question asked was whether we owned or were renting our home.

Republicans screwed up the census with their constant fear mongering. Furture generations won't have the data supplied by every other census to aid social scientists and geneologists understand us 50 or 100 years in the future. Of course that assumes this first decade of the 21st C. is undestandable.

This census form is suppose to be the shortest in history at 10 questions.
:eusa_shhh:

That's a bit deceiving...

I answered 10 questions for myself, but then I needed to answer 7 for my wife, and for each of my two sons.

So I ended up answering 31 questions. I was able to do it in a little under 2 hours.

Yeah, I throw things away. Why not? If something needs to be saved, then put it some place safe. If not, it gets tossed.

I haven't done my census yet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back