My war with the electric company.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
I hate the electric company. I realize it was my mistake to plant the sugar maples under the lines. I realize that it has grownn 30 to 40 ft into the lines. I realize that they do not have to cooperate with the crazy lady who wont let them cut ....but they have. Last time...many years ago they came and we fought. They cut the tree back. The part where they cut back to is now about a 1/3rd of the tree. Hubby says the trees have to go. I gasp and point out that I just now have the effect I want with the trees shading the area etc. He says they have to come down. They are in the lines that go up the creek to the rest of the houses. So I call the electric company. I talk to the guy over this. He pretends not to know who I am. This is after me screaming they are a bunch of idiots with hard ons for chain saws the last time. He knows who I am or is this a daily experience for cutting crews? I digress....so last week, hubby makes me call them. I am told it will be weeks before he can send a crew out and he will come meet with me this week. I call him to tell him my day has changed. He goes, "O they should be there by then?" They are cutting today. I am furious. I do need the firewood. Husband has promised to replace trees with anything I want. I have hit him up for a walking stick tree, you see all my familiars are buried there. Now I need another interesting tree to plant. It must not be a tall tree....only a short tree under the lines...but I want it to be a curious tree. It has to withstand winters and drought. Any suggestions?

I am sure by the end of this day. I will have had a total emotional meltdown and toss hubby for making me do this or just lose it. But I can tell my day has just gone to what I dread, the loss of my trees.

So my real social condendrum...do I offer the crew coffee? I would feel bad not doing that...its cool this morning....and yet....i hate them. Perhaps the irony there is I do not drink coffee. I rarely make it and have no real idea how to make coffee.

o now hubby is using that...firm voice trimmed with sympathy...like anyone buys that.

just think of expensive trees that need a lot of maintenace......

I hate the electric company. I realize it was my mistake to plant the sugar maples under the lines. I realize that it has grownn 30 to 40 ft into the lines. I realize that they do not have to cooperate with the crazy lady who wont let them cut ....but they have. Last time...many years ago they came and we fought. They cut the tree back. The part where they cut back to is now about a 1/3rd of the tree. Hubby says the trees have to go. I gasp and point out that I just now have the effect I want with the trees shading the area etc. He says they have to come down. They are in the lines that go up the creek to the rest of the houses. So I call the electric company. I talk to the guy over this. He pretends not to know who I am. This is after me screaming they are a bunch of idiots with hard ons for chain saws the last time. He knows who I am or is this a daily experience for cutting crews? I digress....so last week, hubby makes me call them. I am told it will be weeks before he can send a crew out and he will come meet with me this week. I call him to tell him my day has changed. He goes, "O they should be there by then?" They are cutting today. I am furious. I do need the firewood. Husband has promised to replace trees with anything I want. I have hit him up for a walking stick tree, you see all my familiars are buried there. Now I need another interesting tree to plant. It must not be a tall tree....only a short tree under the lines...but I want it to be a curious tree. It has to withstand winters and drought. Any suggestions?

I am sure by the end of this day. I will have had a total emotional meltdown and toss hubby for making me do this or just lose it. But I can tell my day has just gone to what I dread, the loss of my trees.

So my real social condendrum...do I offer the crew coffee? I would feel bad not doing that...its cool this morning....and yet....i hate them. Perhaps the irony there is I do not drink coffee. I rarely make it and have no real idea how to make coffee.

7 1/2 tsps for 10 cups of coffee... works every time.

sorry about your trees. I'm terrible with flora... hubby and son keep the terrace garden. but I came upon this. Chapter 4 is "choosing the best tree for your climate". hope it helps... I didn't have time to read it.

Designing and Maintaining Your ... - Google Book Search

7 1/2 tsps for 10 cups of coffee... works every time.

sorry about your trees. I'm terrible with flora... hubby and son keep the terrace garden. but I came upon this. Chapter 4 is "choosing the best tree for your climate". hope it helps... I didn't have time to read it.

Designing and Maintaining Your ... - Google Book Search

what amount of arsenic is good for that amount of coffee. Hubby is now wanting to be called when they arrive. So he can come home and deal with them. Read: Keep me from tossing the whole crew off property. And now I have to move a ton of mushroom logs. My day is just getting better and better lol....thanks for the url on trees. I am thinking something that only grows in one remote area of tibet.

what amount of arsenic is good for that amount of coffee. Hubby is now wanting to be called when they arrive. So he can come home and deal with them. Read: Keep me from tossing the whole crew off property. And now I have to move a ton of mushroom logs. My day is just getting better and better lol....thanks for the url on trees. I am thinking something that only grows in one remote area of tibet.

awwwwww... don't be mean to the guys working outside... they're just doing their job. lol...

tibet works! maybe the trees will be spiritual.

You, knowing better, planted a tree you should never have planted, and are now angry because you caused additional work (and potential safety hazards) for the electric company, and their crew? Make them coffee, and cake. Then when they get off work, buy them a beer. :eusa_whistle:

it is done....the excitement of a 50 ton truck realizing it was not good to go over the bridge was enough lol...the trees are down...took them about 20 minutes per tree.

Any chance you have the money to run the cables underground?

If you pay for it, I expect the electric company would do it for you.

Any chance you have the money to run the cables underground?

If you pay for it, I expect the electric company would do it for you.

the trees were growing into the major supplier line that goes up the creek. I would have to get the other to put out cash and they aint doing it. I have looked into doing it from line to house...over a grand. the electrical company doesnt do it. You must hire an electrian...the bloodsuckers. Unfortunately, the tree there died of some funky disease. I had the ag man come out and look at it. He goes, its dead. We are fighting aphids etc. Unfortunately we planted trees that grew too fast under the lines. Our bad. I will replace them with small trees. I think a walking stick tree and something flowering.

Forum List

Back