My view on why our economy is pure shit.

OWS was convinced that capitalism was the cause of their problems and personal failures.

Occupy Wall Street - Does it still exist?

Just a quick read through Wikipedia, I find the following pertinent info. It spells out the OWS tended to be generally focused on highlighting general problems that they don't want with less focus on actual goals to achieve this end.

Still, among the more specific goals, one that is repeated is the issue of corporate influence. Nothing appears to indicate any issue with capitalism or the free market.

Wikipedia -
"The protests are against social and economic inequality, high unemployment, greed, as well as corruption and the undue influence of corporations on government—particularly from the financial services sector. "

"Some protesters say they want, in part, more and better jobs, more equal distribution of income, bank reform, and a reduction of the influence of corporations on politics"

"while no one person can speak for the movement, he believes that the goal of the protests is economic justice, specifically, a "transaction tax" on international financial speculation, the reinstatement of the Glass-Stegall Act and the revocation of corporate personhood."

Occupy Wall Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, it seems that, in fact, if the OWS can be said to have had a central goal, it would be to get rid of corporatism. It had no focus on capitalism at all.

LInk to Wikipedia - very 2005....

I think it's fair to say that OWS has no actual platform or leadership and it can be said to have nearly any goal you want to prescribe to it.

Forum List

Back