My view on Iraq War. Surge - Well, it is about time!

Show me the post where you have explained why my ideas are literally impossible. Direct me to the post where you explain why they don’t teach my procedure at any command and staff college anywhere on the planet? You have not explained anything. All that I have gathered from you is calling me an ignorant parrot. You say things have never been done. You say that such is impossible. You do not explain why such is impossible. I’m still waiting for a minor criticism from you about Bush. I guess that it will never come.

Is there a "yawn" smiley?

Is there a "yawn" smiley?

Nice answer. Okay. So you won’t answer a simple yes-no question. Do I even hear a retraction, an “mia culpa”? Do I hear an “Okay - you were right and I was wrong regarding your comment that “No one ever said that Iraq was the most dangerous threat of our time.” Right. I won’t hold my breath.

I might be ignorant. I might be a parrot, :rolleyes: right but you seem to have no class or character when it comes to debates and discussions.

Whatever you say, Polly.
You're sure to get quite pat the pack on the back from your masters.

As I explained before, I have no master. This conversation is getting silly. Until you show some class and character by explaining things to me, admit when you are wrong, or simply answer a yes-no question from me, I’m through talking with you.

I don't understand the obsession with forcing somebody to criticize the president. What on earth does that prove? Are we all required now to mouth disclaimers about everybody?

You've got power issues, dude.

Well, it does not take an expert on foreign relations to know that Bush’s handling of this unnecessary Iraq war has been a mess. First Bush and his “yes men” (lackeys) said that Saddam had WMD. He did not – unless you count a few old empty canisters as WMD – Oh my. We should have gotten our fallout shelters ready. Then there was the argument that Saddam was linked with terrorists. That turned out to be false – well, months after our invasion we managed to find someone from Al Qaeda who happened to be on Iraqi soil. Then Bush’s buddies told us that Iraqi was a threat to the USA and that Iraq was the most dangerous threat of our time. Nope. When those excuses turned out to be false or highly exaggreated, the excuse chaned to something along the lines of “Well. We need to get rid of an evil dictator”. Shouldn’t we have gone after the more despotic and powerful one first like North Korea and China?

Okay. So we go to war. We kill a bunck of Iraqis and they kill us. How protected were out men in combat? Awww. The cry-babies want armor. Too bad. You go to war with the army you have—not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time. The result was unnecessary excessive injury and death to our men.

Of course, the survivors got to go to Walter Reed Army Medical Center. After months and months pass, Bush decieds to get tough and send in a surge. Months later, the surge seems to be working and everyone wants to cheer.

I had mice in my house. I would chase them away but they kept coming back. I managed to kill one, but othrs came in. I tore holes in the walls so that I could try to see where they were coming from. I used traps and foggers but they kept coming. I broke the floor panels to see if they were coming up through the floor. I fumigated and fumigated. I destroyed the attic to see if they had a nest up there. Finally, after months and months of trying to kill all those mice, I think that I finally succeeded. I have not seen a mouse for quite some time, but my home has a natural dirt floor and a skylight and 360 degree views. – But, hey, I finally got those pesky rodents.

In conclusion, the war was not necessary. There were no significant WMD, there was not clear-cut-link to terrorists. There was no significant threat. The war was handled terribly. Since we were going in anyway, we should have first made hospitals ready and up-to-date for the sick and dying that would be arriving. We should have had an over abundance of highly armored vehicles and tools at the ready. Then, if Bush were serious he should have sent warning to the poeople of Iraq and surrounded the nation. Then, we should have gone in with at least twice as many aircraft, ships, tanks and other vehicles to be followed, ultimately by soldiers than we did.

No. I was never in the military. No, I’m not an expert in military. Yet, it seems to me that the above is obvious. You don’t go to war if you can avoid it. If you do declare war, you go in to win. Finally, after so many executive goof-ups we seem to be making progress. Well, damn. It is high time. Yippeee. Wooptie do!

Ummmm what the hell did this have to do with the surge?!?!? Also with your last paragraph thank you for showing us how you would rather us lose the war then the Bush administration have any success. Way to go american!

Ummmm what the hell did this have to do with the surge?!?!? Also with your last paragraph thank you for showing us how you would rather us lose the war then the Bush administration have any success. Way to go american!

If Bush had run the war better from the start, the surge would not be necessary. It does not follow that if we had not invaded Iraq we would have lost the war against terrorism. The Iraq war was (1.) unnecessary and (2.) poorly executed.

Forum List

Back