My VA doctor called me today

That is a sad story, yes. Every far right wing wack who is a vet here should pay attention.

"Why Mr. Kaisen decided to end his life was not immediately known, but two people connected to the hospital who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss his death said that he had been frustrated that he was unable to see an emergency-room physician for reasons related to his mental health. “He went to the E.R. and was denied service,” one of the people, who currently works at the hospital, said. 'And then he went to his car and shot himself.'”

As for the honorable, If he served in the military AS MY FATHER, AND UNCLES AND DID, and he USED INSURANCE OTHER THAN VA just as my father and uncles did to SAVE THE RESOUCES and appointment times for those who were much worse off than they. They should be applauded for their effort to help, all of them were silver and bronze star winners, from WWII, and the Korean war except one and he was FOD in Belgium. I did my six, and didn't look back, and I don't need anything but the retirement and insurance I paid in. I can pay the bill for MY part of civie insurance and let those like my Brother in law who got Agent Oranged In the Nasty, and has dialysis three days a week use the VA's dollars and time.
Horsecrap, icer. The resources are to be used by those who qualify, not saved. You are babbling and assuming things I don't think you really know. If you really are being square, you would remit that part of your retirement you don't need.

That is a sad story, yes. Every far right wing wack who is a vet here should pay attention.

"Why Mr. Kaisen decided to end his life was not immediately known, but two people connected to the hospital who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss his death said that he had been frustrated that he was unable to see an emergency-room physician for reasons related to his mental health. “He went to the E.R. and was denied service,” one of the people, who currently works at the hospital, said. 'And then he went to his car and shot himself.'”
Federal facility...read the whole thing

I read it. And you can tell us about the 50,000 fatalities every year in private hospitals from infections alone.

Don't every try the 2aguy "everything has to be perfectly unicorn before it can be accepted as successful." Overall, the VA does a good job, and you know it.

I read it. And you can tell us about the 50,000 fatalities every year in private hospitals from infections alone.

Don't every try the 2aguy "everything has to be perfectly unicorn before it can be accepted as successful." Overall, the VA does a good job, and you know it.
Everyone knows thats not true.....this has been a problem facility .....remember when Obama said he was going to fix all this........

Everyone knows thats not true.....this has been a problem facility .....remember when Obama said he was going to fix all this........
Everyone knows that VA does a good job, and that it has problems just like the private system. The difference is the VA is fixing things where needed. Lying will not help your case, manonthestreet.

Everyone knows that VA does a good job, and that it has problems just like the private system. The difference is the VA is fixing things where needed. Lying will not help your case, manonthestreet.
Just another lie

"In one case, a patient died after being baptized in a spinal cord-injury pool. In others, a patient and employee died by their own hand in facility restrooms.

Those reports from the VA Medical Center in Dallas were among the shortcomings substantiated by the inspector general of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, which on Friday issued its findings about untimely deaths and quality-of-care irregularities at the hospital.

The investigation, prompted by complaints from another federal agency in 2014, set out to determine whether the system's leadership appropriately responded to those issues.

It found that policies or recommendations that could have prevented the tragedies were not addressed or in place and that some concerns were not handled in a timely manner."

A death by baptism and other irregularities at Dallas VA hospital

Glad you got a phone call, they could have used that time to help someone who needed it
A total mess.

Horsecrap, icer. The resources are to be used by those who qualify, not saved. You are babbling and assuming things I don't think you really know. If you really are being square, you would remit that part of your retirement you don't need.

How does anyone with half a brain get "horsecrap out of that? I guess you see a kid drop a nickle and go pick it up and put it in your pocket. I don't know what you call babbling bud but All of the people in MY family that were in WWII had good jobs later in life (My father was in past the "Nasty" war about 30 years), and never used any of the VA facilities even though they could have. They had the idea that being an American didn't mean using everything the taxpayers could give you just because you could. They believed in taking care of those who needed the VA because they didn't have any other medical access, even to include going to VA hospitals and visiting, and taking cakes and ice cream and other things for the vets, having shows and writing letters for those who couldn't WHAT have you done besides go and get what you could out of the system? So tell me what I don't know about VA since I have taken many who need to go to them for years and years and my grandsons fiancé's uncle just retired as the Veterans Admin rep for the county.

icer stumbles and crumbles on the discussion.

I gave the history of the VA above, which clearly states that its services are for all vets, indigent or not.

To suggest anything else is idiotic.

I encourage everyone to support the VA in whatever manner they can do so.

. . . out of the blue to check in with me on my health needs.

There was no appointment or anything like that. I won't go to my semi annual until November, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Does your doctor do this for you?

Yes, If he is my family doctor. They know me and my health very well.

Forum List

Back