My VA doctor called me today

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
. . . out of the blue to check in with me on my health needs.

There was no appointment or anything like that. I won't go to my semi annual until November, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Does your doctor do this for you?

Stay away from doctors Jake. They can kill you and charge you and arm and leg to do it.

Actually, I get a card in the mail whenever it's time for my physical.

I don't have any health problems currently (knock on wood), so it's not really a big deal.

And..........................the first time took 38 days, but after that, I've not had to wait more than 2 weeks after my card comes in the mail.

I'm also on HealthEVet, so I can contact my doctor anytime and he will respond by email within 48 hours. if something happens.

There was no appointment or anything like that. I won't go to my semi annual until November, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Yes.....but I never answer.

Oh, and I don't use the VA. I have insurance. I'd rather leave the VA to guys who need the care more than I do.

• Banned

Yes.....but I never answer. Oh, and I don't use the VA. I have insurance. I'd rather leave the VA to guys who need the care more than I do.
That's silly, but your decision of course. The Va takes good care of me, and I have very little complaints.

• Banned
If the VA did, Henry, you and your red jammies have a hope there.

Yes.....but I never answer. Oh, and I don't use the VA. I have insurance. I'd rather leave the VA to guys who need the care more than I do.
That's silly, but your decision of course. The Va takes good care of me, and I have very little complaints.
I have insurance, and I also have Tri-Care. I don't need to use the VA. The VA was designed for veterans that couldn't pay for their medical care because their job doesn't offer insurance. I know I'm eligible, but I don't use it now. I received treatment back when I was unemployed and broke, but I'm not now. I'd like to leave that to veterans that really need it.

I have insurance, and I also have Tri-Care. I don't need to use the VA. The VA was designed for veterans that couldn't pay for their medical care because their job doesn't offer insurance. I know I'm eligible, but I don't use it now. I received treatment back when I was unemployed and broke, but I'm not now. I'd like to leave that to veterans that really need it.
I must of hit a nerve. :lol: Quit trolling, mud. VA was designed for all of us, not the indigent service member. You are very mistaken and playing the homer to say such a thing, because it is a lie and you know it. If you use VA, you will not deprive any veteran of service.

Read up, mud, and learn: History - VA History - About VA

Last edited:

An honorable man, something many people can't fathom these days.

That is not adjective applied to mud in this case. No one is deprived a place at VA if mud does not use what he earned the hard way. Mistaken, yes, but nothing admirable about it at all.

At least honest.

So Vietnam has its phone lines back up. Bet you miss home.
you will never be able to go a VA facility, you have to serve in the military first , why didn't you serve?

Last edited:
As for the honorable, If he served in the military AS MY FATHER, AND UNCLES AND DID, and he USED INSURANCE OTHER THAN VA just as my father and uncles did to SAVE THE RESOUCES and appointment times for those who were much worse off than they. They should be applauded for their effort to help, all of them were silver and bronze star winners, from WWII, and the Korean war except one and he was FOD in Belgium. I did my six, and didn't look back, and I don't need anything but the retirement and insurance I paid in. I can pay the bill for MY part of civie insurance and let those like my Brother in law who got Agent Oranged In the Nasty, and has dialysis three days a week use the VA's dollars and time.

Forum List

Back