My Towns Fireworks Display

Yep, even though today is the 4th, the "official" celebration is tomorrow. Got to make sure all those government workers get their 3 day weekend with pay.

I get the day off with pay. I would like to work it and get the overtime but my company doesn't allow that.

Oh wait, it gets better.

The 4th of July Parade is tomorrow too, RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!

The peeps of my town already have their chairs lined up, their blankets laid down, etc....to save their "spots."

I'll start hearing the townsfolk around 8 am damn it, even though the parade doesn't start until 10 am.

We can just sit on our brick wall and watch, or stay in the condo and not watch lol.

Oh wait, it gets better.

The peeps of my town already have their chairs lined up, their blankets laid down, etc....to save their "spots."

I'll start hearing the townsfolk around 8 am damn it, even though the parade doesn't start until 10 am.

We can just sit on our brick wall and watch, or stay in the condo and not watch lol.

That's pretty nice of them to hold a parade just personally for you. Only parade that comes by my house I have to march in it.

Oh wait, it gets better.

That's pretty nice of them to hold a parade just personally for you. Only parade that comes by my house I have to march in it.

No, it's for my daughter! Tomorrow (July 5) is her birthday!

Can't have fireworks and parades messing with church stuff can you?

I mean freedom is what this country is about.

Can't have fireworks and parades messing with church stuff can you?

I mean freedom is what this country is about.

Not true, because Indianapolis had their firework display tonight, and lots of other towns did too.

welll......last night we went to the fireworks that a private gated community does....they have been doing it for several years....right across from the community is the church of latter day saints...well last night was the first time they have had anything to do with the fireworks...they had a program with a dude dressed up like patrick henry giving his give me liberty or give me death speech..then some real nice music....we are parked on the back street....watching this....when suddenly i realize a woman is singing the anthem...i comment...get out of the car asshole...its the national anthem...so we are standing there listening to her sing....it was a beautiful evening ...they even had free drinks and snacks and invited everyone to enjoy...now this is the first year the saints have done anything like this..they even parked cars on their massive lawn....

i just figured out this am...it was sunday...they were having services....all and all it was a good evening

I don't know why they have all of this hoopla (fireworks, parades, cookouts, parties, etc) on July 4th. My birthday isn't until July 6th. Didn't they get the memo?

Forum List

Back