My thoughts/questions re: Koran Burning

Hmmm

Rookie
Sep 9, 2010
This has my mind sorting things out...so I need to discuss it.

Burning books on private church property in a little town in Florida...

How does someone on the other side of the world even know this is going on?...the media. They couldn't wait fuel this fire.

Are you supposed to give undue attention to a misbehaving child...or ignore them?

The land of the free and the home of the brave....whether or not you agree with the act...he does have the freedom to do it if he wants...and I'm sure he realizes this act may endanger his life...so in a way, this probably makes him brave.

This country was built upon the ideal of religious freedom...so why is the President of the United States asking a church Pastor not to do this? It's not against the law, right?

OK, so it's about the retaliation factor. We should be scared to do something for fear of retaliation...sounds like these terrorist have our number. Step lightly...we don't want to anger the big bully.

Muslims have declared on TV that they will kill innocent Americans because this Pastor is going to burn the Koran. Again, the President, the Secretary of State, etc....Our Government...urging, begging, pleading this Pastor NOT to burn the Koran.

Don't get me wrong. I have no desire to burn any books...I'm not any kind of follower of this guy...but it has me FULL of questions.

They burn American flags over there all the time. They run around riotting in the streets burning lynched dummies dressed up like our President.

Do we go on TV and say, if you do this...we are going to kill every Muslim we see?

Maybe it's not right what this guy is doing...but he does have the freedom as an American to do it.

I just don't like the response by our leaders making the United States look like a bunch of cowards bowing to the big bully.

The media is responsible for poking the snake (Muslims) with a stick. This Pastor is a drop in a bucket. He should've been ignored. Now he has the force of a Tsunami.

You have a point, On the other hand they were getting ginned up over something from the Quran or hadith before P Jones decided to burn some books.

The land of the free and the home of the brave....whether or not you agree with the act...he does have the freedom to do it if he wants...and I'm sure he realizes this act may endanger his life...so in a way, this probably makes him brave.

This country was built upon the ideal of religious freedom...so why is the President of the United States asking a church Pastor not to do this? It's not against the law, right?

OK, so it's about the retaliation factor. We should be scared to do something for fear of retaliation...sounds like these terrorist have our number. Step lightly...we don't want to anger the big bully.

Exactly. We no longer have the courage to support freedom of stupidity or the right to be ignorantly hateful, for fear of offending someone. It's the PC culture that we have become.

So if the body count from Afghanistan is higher this month than it was last month, this "pastor"--who's actually just a mustache-wearing sack of organs--is probably going to get the blame. Moral of the story: don't do anything to offend Muslim sensibilities, otherwise coalition blood is on your hands.

If expression should be curbed during wartime so that the troops aren't put in more danger, I have to know where the line is. Since the cowards shooting at--then running from--coalition troops are the kind of motherfuckers that want their fucked-up version of Sharia law for the world, it would follow that as long as America isn't a Sharia nation, we're offending their sensibilities and further endangering the troops. What is allowed in mainstream political expression when it comes to opinions of Islam?

Is Islam completely off limits for Comedy Central and op-ed cartoons? Afraid of violent repercussions from the rabid whacked-out minority of that religion, so now it can't be made fun of or offended. That's terrorism in action, and apparently it works. All it took was a blog assdouchehole in New York to wag a threat at Comedy Central, and then Viacom cowered and pulled that "Mohammed" South Park episode off the air. That shit makes me sick.

Really.

I don't like the coverage on this guy because not only does it get followers of Islam on the war path and we all know it doesn't take them much.It also gives the left an opportunity to try to link what this guy is doing to Fox News,Glen Beck,Sarah Palin,the GOP,George Bush etc,etc,etc.....

Last edited:
I agree 100% if American Media outlets did not break and run with the story. It would have happened quietly with little Muslim outrage.

Besides why do we insist giving radical Ignorant assholes like this Pastor there 15 Mins of fame anyways?

Forum List

Back