My thoughts on the Middle East and religion…

dmc071

Rookie
Apr 2, 2011
Let me preface my statement below by saying I am not trying to offend anyone but I want to know if others agree with my line of thinking or not. Any comments would be appreciated.

I’m from a catholic background but to be honest I think that all religion was/is created to control the masses. If all religions believe in one god then why can’t the one god be one in the same? Can’t Allah be the same god as the Jews god and the same as the Christian god? So it all comes down to how you are supposed to worship god. That is what all the fighting is all about. In a rational world how is it possible that people still kill in the name of god or religion? Does anyone really believe that god would want a person killed in the name of religion?

The truth is the actual existence of a “God” is impossible to prove (or disprove for that matter). There is no proof and there is no evidence that “God” even exists. That’s why it is called a faith, because you have to believe. I believe that the majority of people in this world are good people. The persons that use Islam or any religion to do evil deeds and to control people negatively are no different than persons in organized crime.

The problems in the Middle East, in my opinion, are really more a social economic issue than that of religion. It has been turned into a religious cause by those looking to gain power and control over the poor masses. I don’t know about anyone else but I have to say that if the Palestinians were as wealthy as the Saudi Elite then their wouldn’t be a problem between them and Israel. I’m sorry I just can’t see a person driving their brand new Mercedes Benz into a temple as a suicide bomber knowing they are about to go on a month long vacation getting massages, mani & pedis etc…. I just don’t see it.
Maybe I’m totally wrong here but I just don’t believe that it’s about religion, it’s about wealth and enjoyment of life.

Look at it this way.... if you could snap your fingers and make the area where the Palestinians or any other similar groups are living now and made it an upper middle class American type neighborhood with all the amenities and modern day conveniences, do you think that there would still be a problem?

I think it is more of "eye for an eye" bullshit, going all the way back to biblical times, and because it goes back so far both sides claim justification, and both are right depending where in time you look at it.

But do you think if everyone was at least middle class (us standard) that their would be so much "eye for an eye" BS.... I agree with you that is a big part of it but in the end if people have good lives and have a lot to lose would they be willing to go over the edge and become fanatical....

There will always be wealthy, middle, and poor income levels. The wealthy and middle will always use the poor for there own means. The wealthy pay the middle to supply the poor with what they need to be fanatical.

That is the stupidest tripe I've ever heard.

How many wealthy people do you know? I assure you, they don't sit around thinking of ways to keep poor people poor.

That is the stupidest tripe I've ever heard.

How many wealthy people do you know? I assure you, they don't sit around thinking of ways to keep poor people poor.

I think you have been pretty kind... I think the OP is horse shit with a capital H.

The truth is, there have ALWAYS been rich and poor in the world. The difference made by the U.S. Constitution was that, for the first time in the recorded history of humankind, nobody would be able to use economics, politics, or religion to assign or take away unalienable rights of ANY of the people. Among those rights they mentioned specifically life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It was the first classless society by design and for the first time no man, woman, or child was expected to remain within a certain class, situation, or income level if he or she chose not to remain there.

For the first time, unalienable rights were recognized and no government entity, no monarch, no pharoah, no emperor, no fuedal lord, no dictator, no totalitarian authority would have authority to assign them nor remove them.

At the same time, the Founders who wrote that same Constitution were almost to a man convinced that it would work only for a virtuous and religious people.

And that blows the theory of using religion as a means to control the masses right out of the water.

The truth is, there have ALWAYS been rich and poor in the world. The difference made by the U.S. Constitution was that, for the first time in the recorded history of humankind, nobody would be able to use economics, politics, or religion to assign or take away unalienable rights of ANY of the people. Among those rights they mentioned specifically life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It was the first classless society by design and for the first time no man, woman, or child was expected to remain within a certain class, situation, or income level if he or she chose not to remain there.

For the first time, unalienable rights were recognized and no government entity, no monarch, no pharoah, no emperor, no fuedal lord, no dictator, no totalitarian authority would have authority to assign them nor remove them.

At the same time, the Founders who wrote that same Constitution were almost to a man convinced that it would work only for a virtuous and religious people.

And that blows the theory of using religion as a means to control the masses right out of the water.

It does...and it also blows outta the water "Separtaion Of Church And State"...there was NEVER any such provision other than the Gubmint couldn't establish a STATE Religion as the Brits had with the Church Of England at the time we told England to Get bent...and shed blood to accentuate the point.

New Topics

Forum List

Back