My thoughts on the Islamic world.

What dodge? What are you talking about?

You asked why Mulsim countries are poorer - my answer is that they are not.

If I think of the poorest countries that I have been to - probably Burundi, Liberia, Paraguay, Sierra Leone, DRC, Nicaragua and perhaps Cambodia - none are Muslim.

Somalia is a Muslim country and its pretty poor.

Yes, that's true - but that doen't alter the fact that if we list the 20 poorest countries in the world, perhaps 3 would be Islamic. Sudan would likely make the list, but in general Islamic countries are no poorer than Vodun, Christian or Animist ones.

Last edited:
Qatar has an overabundance of Muslims and its apart of the one of the most wealthy countries in the world.

Qatar has an overabundance of Muslims and its apart of the one of the most wealthy countries in the world.

Indeed - along with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the other oil states.

Of course they have life a little easier than most countries, but some of the oil states have also used their money very wisely. Compare that with largely Christian Nigeria, which has blown tens of millions of dollars on parties and flash cars.

Indeed - along with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the other oil states.

Of course they have life a little easier than most countries, but some of the oil states have also used their money very wisely. Compare that with largely Christian Nigeria, which has blown tens of millions of dollars on parties and flash cars.

Now now, those Arab Sheiks from Kuwait and Qatar definently blow alot of cash on chalets in Morocco and trips to Las Vegas.

What dodge? What are you talking about?

You asked why Mulsim countries are poorer - my answer is that they are not.

If I think of the poorest countries that I have been to - probably Burundi, Liberia, Paraguay, Sierra Leone, DRC, Nicaragua and perhaps Cambodia - none are Muslim.

Somalia is a Muslim country and its pretty poor.

Yes, that's true - but that doen't alter the fact that if we list the 20 poorest countries in the world, perhaps 3 would be Islamic. Sudan would likely make the list, but in general Islamic countries are no poorer than Vodun, Christian or Animist ones.

I can think of Sudan, Mali, Somalia, Yemen and Afghanistan off hand.

I went to Turkey on a cruise. Kusadasi and Ephesus to be specific. The people we met seemed to be like any others, just that they're very aggressive in their sales techniques. :) I think that if someone is angry and wants to be angry and hateful, they're going to look for a good reason (in their minds anyway) to justify it. It could be religion, politics, sports, anything.

I went to Turkey on a cruise. Kusadasi and Ephesus to be specific. The people we met seemed to be like any others, just that they're very aggressive in their sales techniques. :) I think that if someone is angry and wants to be angry and hateful, they're going to look for a good reason (in their minds anyway) to justify it. It could be religion, politics, sports, anything.

They may not be the best place to really sample Turkish culture, but still - I do agree with your main point here.

Every “moderate” Muslim is a potential terrorist. The belief in Islam is like a tank of gasoline. It looks innocuous, until it meets the fire. For a “moderate” Muslim to become a murderous jihadist, all it takes is a spark of faith.

It is time to put an end to the charade of “moderate Islam.” There is no such thing as moderate Muslim. Muslims are either jihadists or dormant jihadists – moderate, they are not.
Ali Sini

ex-Muslim

Originator of Faith Freedom International

Every “moderate” Muslim is a potential terrorist.

Only in the sense that you and I are potential terrorists as well.

I am constantly surprised how willing people are to believe that half of the Islamic world are blood-thirsty murderers just waiting for a white fact to butcher, but the reality is obviously nothing at all like that.

You an prove it to yourself by visiting som Islamic countries and reporting back.

The islamic world is everything + ten times over again what liberals accuse the Republicans party of being. LOL. Yet here they're defending them.

It is not my intention to defend anyone or anything - I just believe in presenting the facts and realities that I experience during my time in Islamic countries.

You can always go yourself, and stop relying on blogs to tell you what it is like in these countries.

Forum List

Back