my thoughts on gov (liberal) run HC

blu

Sep 21, 2009
maybe this belongs in the conspiracy theory section, but based on actions already taken by obama related to forcing lifestyles on people, I don't think it is.

With that said...

Progressives have a tendency to not be content with just making their life "better", but also forcing their view on the world onto others, and I think UHC is going to be used as the next method for this. I think at some point after UHC is passed that lifestyle choices will affect your coverage or how much you pay for supplies.

Currently cigarettes are taxed at a ridiculous rate and now soda is being proposed for a tax hike. Once these sink in and are accepted by people, next will come the rest of the list. Red meat, meat in general, alcohol, non-organic products, etc will all be on the short list in an attempt to convert people to the "healthy" lifestyle while giving them no choice in the matter. High taxes and medical coverage penalities will shift the market to make currently more expensive supplies (think local grocery vs whole foods) evened out or even flipped in price.

Not that I am against eating healthy, and many of the things on that list including red meat and non-organic heavily processed foods are proven to be "bad" for you in large doses, but its not the government's role to force people into this lifestyle change, similar to hybrid cars. But once the government is your only choice for healthcare and has unfairly taxed your current lifestyle out of your budget what choice will you have?

Forced lifestyles? You are talking about the social values group who wants us all to live a certain way.

Forum List

Back