My Thoughts and Prayers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
“When tragedy or atrocity strikes — as it just did with the mosque shootings in New Zealand — thoughts and prayers are not just an expression of compassion. They are, more importantly and more wisely, an expression of humility and helplessness. They are a way of saying: “There is nothing we can do in the face of this wickedness but we stand in solidarity with the victims and ask God to comfort their families in their sorrow.”

Almost every other reaction is absurd. To suggest you have the solution to the eternal problem of evil in the form of addressing your pet peeve or of blaming and attacking your political opponents is disgraceful. It is to use the bodies of the slain for a soap box. It degrades you and insults the victims.”

Well said.

KLAVAN: My Thoughts And Prayers

“When tragedy or atrocity strikes — as it just did with the mosque shootings in New Zealand — thoughts and prayers are not just an expression of compassion. They are, more importantly and more wisely, an expression of humility and helplessness. They are a way of saying: “There is nothing we can do in the face of this wickedness but we stand in solidarity with the victims and ask God to comfort their families in their sorrow.”

Almost every other reaction is absurd. To suggest you have the solution to the eternal problem of evil in the form of addressing your pet peeve or of blaming and attacking your political opponents is disgraceful. It is to use the bodies of the slain for a soap box. It degrades you and insults the victims.”

Well said.

Praying is fine but I think we owe it to the victims of evil to learn from their tragedy and try and prevent future tragedies if possible. Every time a plane crashes we investigate, learn the causes, and air travel becomes that much safer. To say there is nothing to be done is the absurdity.

Well said.

Praying is fine but I think we owe it to the victims of evil to learn from their tragedy and try and prevent future tragedies if possible. Every time a plane crashes we investigate, learn the causes, and air travel becomes that much safer. To say there is nothing to be done is the absurdity.
The victims were praying. You mock the victims and mock sanity by thinking you can stop evil.

He is a jackass.
I expect such an answer from God hating people who use tragedies to promote fascist government control.

I didn't know who he was, but I read his twitter feed. He is a jackass in my opinion and isn't a Christian in any sense of the word, the way he makes fun of people.

By the way, did he become a ?Christian so Christians buy his books.

Obviously he doesn't' believe in Judaism, so how can he believe in Christianity??

The victims were praying. You mock the victims and mock sanity by thinking you can stop evil.
So we shouldn't investigate airline crashes? I'm sure those victims were praying too. I don't see the difference?
Air crashes are about fixing a technical defect or improving training.

To mock people for saying thoughts and prayers and use it as a political platform is the lowest form of morality on the planet.

So we shouldn't investigate airline crashes? I'm sure those victims were praying too. I don't see the difference?
Air crashes are about fixing a technical defect or improving training.

To mock people for saying thoughts and prayers and use it as a political platform is the lowest form of morality on the planet.
First off, I never mock anyone who prays.

Secondly,it is you using this tragedy as a political platform. You've decided that any solution would entail gun control so you dismiss out of hand any investigation. Do I have that right? There may be technical or training issues that could be improved but you've decided they shouldn't even be looked into. You're not worried an investigation won't find a solution, you're worried that it will. That is the lowest form of morality on the planet.

Forum List

Back