My take on God

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
God, if real, and maybe he or she is, must be a democrat. Why else would he or she give us all freedom of choice and then kill us all when we make choices he or she does not agree with?

God, if real, and maybe he or she is, must be a democrat. Why else would he or she give us all freedom of choice and then kill us all when we make choices he or she does not agree with?

"Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die"

~~~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Perhaps you are already dead and just do not know it?

it's for you to prove yourself for admission - good luck with your wall.

• Banned
it's for you to prove yourself for admission - good luck with your wall.
Meet God soon asshole.

• Banned
Perhaps you are already dead and just do not know it?
In the great perhaps, who can say?

Dear Mr. MikeTX, God lets man determine his destiny, because He is the author of freedom. If a man kills his brother, God didn't make him do that. The man who killed his brother did that by direct influence of only his own free will, and God is not inside that man making him kill his mother's other son, breaking her heart and devastating his father.

The son of a man in our Congregation committed suicide, and I held this man in my arms during our Passing of the Peace in church today. I could feel his sorrow. His skin was hot like high blood pressure hot. Tears were in his eyes. I could feel his broken heart, Mike. His heart was broken in every way. But God didn't put the gun to his son's head. That son was no kid, either. he was mid-thirties, a grown man, and nobody even knew he had troubles. My friend was in no way to blame. Yet I could see the coulda-woulda-shoulda look as he shook with sorrow. I'm going to be there for that friend if he ever calls, and I am going to be praying for him and his big family until they understand that men have free will, and sometimes the self-pity bubble hides the love others have for him. I comforted him as best I could. And I asked God to please help him understand he is not at fault and figure it out sooner so it doesn't kill his inner man. I asked God to ease his mind. I asked God to help him. And I know God will, because I believe in God, and I believe that he can heal a broken heart and dismiss the angst of a tortured mind. And right now, I'm crying, because I love the people in my church, and it feels like a brother lost the best thing in his life, so I will keep on with my petitions to God to heal this man and show him he is not to blame, because he isn't. He loves his son, and he knows what death is, because a few years ago he lost his wife, and they say she was one of the sweetest human beings on earth, so I know exactly how he must feel now. But he also knows he has a friend, and he will probably never call at me, but he will see my smiling face in the choir loft when he comes to church and he will remember me sharing his sorrow, which believe it or not, lightens that sorrow little by little as other friends and family share with each other their love and affection for each other, in a way a mere friend like me can just lighten a little of the storm for the flicker of a moment.

Life is a gift, and we have the choice on how to live it. I chose to give my life to making little quilt blankets for fatherless newborns who will be born into a single-parent family where the parent is recuperating from giving birth which takes a few weeks, and then she will have to bring home the bacon all by herself until the father provides her with enough to care for herself and the newborn. For some reason, in this country, people have lost their faith in God. The man and his family think they are doing him a favor by separating him from his girlfriend they now judge as a cheap money grubber. People are cold about children in their own families born out of wedlock. And we can't change that, nor point any fingers because frankly, that is not our job. All judgment belongs to God, not ourselves. As the Psalm 100 verse 3 says, "Know that the Lord, He is God. It is he that has made us and not we ourselves." And the 5th verse says "Know that the Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endures to all generations."

I'm sorry you're on a path of misgivings, my good friend Mike. If I could give you my complete trust and faith in God, I totally would. But all I have is the hope you will learn faith in God, because I promise you, his love never ends for those who put their trust in him.

I hope I have not offended you, Mr. Mike. i've come to liking you as a friend, even if I might never influence you one way or the other. I can only hope you gain peace of heart when you find that God loves you like as a father, filled with compassion and wants for you to have the best of his good gifts.

Good night. I have to pray for my friend who lost his dear son and feels a little in limbo right now. I hope you will put him on your prayer list too, so his blood pressure will go down and peace will be restored in his soul when he accepts his loss and trusts God to forgive his son if he will ask him to. God is pretty compliant that way. And if you ask God to help and bless those in the throes of a great loss, know in your heart he will. :huddle: I hope others will pray for those who have such family losses. There's an island that can't account for 6000 people who need our prayers for the survivors on the Bahama Island chain. Pray sincerely for them, too. There is endless sorrow there and your prayers are appreciated.

A stupid child is free to put his hand on a hot stove even though his parent told him if you do it you'll get hurt. The stupid child does what he wants and gets hurt. Did the parent hurt him?

Later, the stupid child is old enough to drive. The parent teaches him the basic rules governing driving. The stupid child drive any damn way he pleases. The stupid child meets Jesus. Did the parent send him to meet Jesus?

• Banned
Dear Mr. MikeTX, God lets man determine his destiny, because He is the author of freedom. If a man kills his brother, God didn't make him do that. The man who killed his brother did that by direct influence of only his own free will, and God is not inside that man making him kill his mother's other son, breaking her heart and devastating his father.

The son of a man in our Congregation committed suicide, and I held this man in my arms during our Passing of the Peace in church today. I could feel his sorrow. His skin was hot like high blood pressure hot. Tears were in his eyes. I could feel his broken heart, Mike. His heart was broken in every way. But God didn't put the gun to his son's head. That son was no kid, either. he was mid-thirties, a grown man, and nobody even knew he had troubles. My friend was in no way to blame. Yet I could see the coulda-woulda-shoulda look as he shook with sorrow. I'm going to be there for that friend if he ever calls, and I am going to be praying for him and his big family until they understand that men have free will, and sometimes the self-pity bubble hides the love others have for him. I comforted him as best I could. And I asked God to please help him understand he is not at fault and figure it out sooner so it doesn't kill his inner man. I asked God to ease his mind. I asked God to help him. And I know God will, because I believe in God, and I believe that he can heal a broken heart and dismiss the angst of a tortured mind. And right now, I'm crying, because I love the people in my church, and it feels like a brother lost the best thing in his life, so I will keep on with my petitions to God to heal this man and show him he is not to blame, because he isn't. He loves his son, and he knows what death is, because a few years ago he lost his wife, and they say she was one of the sweetest human beings on earth, so I know exactly how he must feel now. But he also knows he has a friend, and he will probably never call at me, but he will see my smiling face in the choir loft when he comes to church and he will remember me sharing his sorrow, which believe it or not, lightens that sorrow little by little as other friends and family share with each other their love and affection for each other, in a way a mere friend like me can just lighten a little of the storm for the flicker of a moment.

Life is a gift, and we have the choice on how to live it. I chose to give my life to making little quilt blankets for fatherless newborns who will be born into a single-parent family where the parent is recuperating from giving birth which takes a few weeks, and then she will have to bring home the bacon all by herself until the father provides her with enough to care for herself and the newborn. For some reason, in this country, people have lost their faith in God. The man and his family think they are doing him a favor by separating him from his girlfriend they now judge as a cheap money grubber. People are cold about children in their own families born out of wedlock. And we can't change that, nor point any fingers because frankly, that is not our job. All judgment belongs to God, not ourselves. As the Psalm 100 verse 3 says, "Know that the Lord, He is God. It is he that has made us and not we ourselves." And the 5th verse says "Know that the Lord is good, his mercy is everlasting, and his truth endures to all generations."

I'm sorry you're on a path of misgivings, my good friend Mike. If I could give you my complete trust and faith in God, I totally would. But all I have is the hope you will learn faith in God, because I promise you, his love never ends for those who put their trust in him.

I hope I have not offended you, Mr. Mike. i've come to liking you as a friend, even if I might never influence you one way or the other. I can only hope you gain peace of heart when you find that God loves you like as a father, filled with compassion and wants for you to have the best of his good gifts.

Good night. I have to pray for my friend who lost his dear son and feels a little in limbo right now. I hope you will put him on your prayer list too, so his blood pressure will go down and peace will be restored in his soul when he accepts his loss and trusts God to forgive his son if he will ask him to. God is pretty compliant that way. And if you ask God to help and bless those in the throes of a great loss, know in your heart he will. :huddle: I hope others will pray for those who have such family losses. There's an island that can't account for 6000 people who need our prayers for the survivors on the Bahama Island chain. Pray sincerely for them, too. There is endless sorrow there and your prayers are appreciated.
I am no on a path of misgivings, I simply do not understand why when we have a free choice we are punished for choices that do not agree.

You have free will to obey or spend eternity in fire.
Wow lol. Sounds awesome.

I am no on a path of misgivings, I simply do not understand why when we have a free choice we are punished for choices that do not agree.
If you put your hand in a tellers till and it doesn't belong there so you get slapped so you will retract your hand from where it doesn't belong; is that a punishment or a correction?

Because God already has a Satan.

Not only does He not kill you, He forgives you while you are in the act of making decisions He doesn't agree with. He puts your bad choices behind Him and remembers them no more. He died in your place and paid the consequences of your bad decisions so that you can live an eternity as the child and heir of the Most High. And offered you a perfect record to enter Heaven with, as a gift, to you, His boy. What else is it you think He should be doing for you?

Last edited:

Not only does He not kill you, He forgives you while you are in the act of making decisions He doesn't agree with. He puts your bad choices behind Him and remembers them no more. He died in your place and paid the consequences of your bad decisions so that you can live an eternity as the child and heir of the Most High. And offered you a perfect record to enter Heaven with, as a gift, to you, His boy. What else is it you think He should be doing for you?
My life is hell.

"I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this: God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.

God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle aged male, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations. He holds men accountable for their actions. He has little apparent concern for the material well being of the disadvantaged. He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world. God is difficult. God is unsentimental. It is very hard to get into God's heavenly country club.

Santa Claus is another matter. He's cute. He's nonthreatening. He's always cheerful. And he loves animals. He may know who's been naughty and who's been nice, but he never does anything about it. He gives everyone everything they want without the thought of quid pro quo. He works hard for charities, and he's famously generous to the poor. Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one: There is no such thing as Santa Claus."

Parliament of Whores: A Lone Humorist Attempts To Explain The Entire U. S. Government | 1991 | P. J. O'Rourke

I remember in abortion threads all you right wings Christian nuts quoted:

Jeremiah 1:5

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems a Judaic God decides your lot in life and :
Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

---------------------------------------------

If only you fundamentalist would decide what the bible means, one day the Father knew us in the womb, the next we have free will. LOL you guys have no clue to what the scripture says.

5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

If only you fundamentalist would decide what the bible means, one day the Father knew us in the womb, the next we have free will. LOL you guys have no clue to what the scripture says.

It says what they want it to say at the time.

My life is hell.

Nope, because we are under common grace. That is, you have air to breathe, water to drink, food to eat, something to sleep on. Even if those comforts are spotty or difficult to come by.

Hell is no common grace. The Bible says "every good and perfect gift is from above". So now imagine all those comforts and good gifts---gone

It says what they want it to say at the time.

OH is that how books work?

They're written in invisible ink now or something? Wow

Forum List

Back