My Sunday...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Horrible..

My wife and I went on a boat-ride yesterday, with friends...what started as a "several hour" trip, turned into about 10hrs.

2p - launched...

2:10p - trying to open a bee- er...I mean "SODA" bottle , the top of the bottle broke and took a scoop out of my right hand. Like a mellon-baller, sorta. today I went to the clinic; they had to cauterize (sp?) the wound, because I nicked a blood vessel. Hurt like a SonofaBitch. Hard to type...

4:30 - boat nearly sinks; takes on about 10" of water (shallow, low-riding boat)...front 1/3 of bow was at or just below the waterline.

5:45 - EXCELLENT Seafood dinner at Doug's Chowder House on Lake Union, Seattle, WA.

7:00 - Head home. 1/4 mile from shore, boat dies, unable to restart

7:05 - passers by offer a tow rope back to a dock

8:00 - Vessel assist tows me and boat owner to nearest boat launch; ladies wait for my wife's dad to pick them up and bring them to where we launched from

8:30 - waiting at boat launch, we find out we gave the ladies the wrong name of the facility. As my buddy's cell was trashed in the near-sinking, a guy and his wife who were loading their boat offered their cell phone so I could call and get the right location to the ladies.

9p - lady who lives near the launch gets into her Mazda Protégé; I comment to the fellow Mazda-owner "Nice P5!". Yadda Yadda, she asks if we want her to take us to food. We decline

9:45 - she comes back, and insists; I hop in and she drives to a few places until we found a bar w/ an open kitchen

While we wait for two fish-n-chips to go, me and Pat talk about her grandkids, my kids, etc. Lovely Lady.

10:30 - Back at the launch, my buddy and I are enjoying the fish n chips; The girls show up w/ the trailer.

10:50- Pat walks back out carrying two beers for me and my friend...she meets the ladies.

Midnight - we get home. Go to sleep.

Pics/vids to follow.

-=d=- said:
Horrible..

We went on a boat-ride...several hours turned into about 10.

2p - launched...
2:10p - trying to open a beer bottle, the top of the bottle broke and took a scoop out of my right hand. Like a mellon-baller, sorta. today I went to the clinic; they had to cauterize (sp?) the wound, because I nicked a blood vessel. Hurt like a Mother fucker. Hard to type...
4:30 - boat nearly sinks; takes on about 10" of water (shallow, low-riding boat)...front 1/3 of bow was at or just below the waterline.
5:45 - EXCELLENT Seafood dinner.
7:00 - Head home. 1/4 mile from shore, boat dies, unable to restart
7:05 - passers by offer a tow rope back to a dock
8:00 - Vessel assist tows me and boat owner to nearest boat launch; ladies wait for my wife's dad to pick them up and bring them to where we launched from
8:30 - waiting at boat launch, we find out we gave the ladies the wrong name of the facility. As his cell was trashed in the near-sinking, a guy and his wife who were loading their boat, offered their cell phone so I could call and get the right location to the ladies.
9p - lady who lives near the launch gets into her Mazda Protégé; I comment to the fellow - Mazda owner "Nice P5!". Yadda Yadda, she asks if we want her to take us to food. We decline
9:45 - she comes back, and insists, we I hop in and she drives to a few places until we found a bar w/ an open kitchen
While we wait for two fish-n-chips to go, me and Pat talk about her grandkids, my kids, etc. Lovely Lady.
10:30 - Back at the launch, my buddy and I are enjoying the fish n chips; The girls show up w/ the trailer.
10:50- Pat walks back out carrying two beers for me and my friend...she meets the ladies.
Midnight - we get home. Go to sleep.

:)

Pics/vids to follow this evening.

Did you get good pain meds??? :chillpill
At least it wasn't a boring Sunday :eek:

-=d=- said:
no pain meds... :(

And yup - Adversity builds character, right? :D

And what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger (of course they don't tell you that smell isn't everything....)

sounds like a normal boating day though...boats are accidents waiting to happen...what fun would it be if everything went right...would not know myself...everytime I take mine out I have a new surprise!!! LOL :eek:

"they" say the happiest day in a man's life is the day he buys his boat and the day he sells his boat.

:D

I'm scared to buy already...lol...my buddy is looking to sell now.

-=d=- said:
no pain meds... :(

And yup - Adversity builds character, right? :D
pop top bottle or twist off?

If pop top, I could tell you an easy way to open
when you just can't find a bottle opener.

Make a fist around neck of the bottle and apply a SMALL amount of pressure.
Now take a cigarette lighter with the other hand, and use the bottom of the
lighter as your lever. Wedge outside edge of lighter under the bottle cap, and
apply downward pressure. Try and leave minimal room between the hand
holding the bottle neck, and the cap. Just enough to squeeze the lighter into.
The hand holding the bottle neck will act as your fulcrum. Easy as that!

-=d=- said:
"they" say the happiest day in a man's life is the day he buys his boat and the day he sells his boat.

I'm scared to buy already...lol...my buddy is looking to sell now.

I have personally bought and sold three...now on my fourth...glutton for punishment I guess...hey ya want to buy mine... bayliner capri with a 125hp force ob...runs great! The price of fuel being the new denominator rather than no more fun.....LOL! :teeth:

JOKER96BRAVO said:
pop top bottle or twist off?

If pop top, I could tell you an easy way to open
when you just can't find a bottle opener.

Make a fist around neck of the bottle and apply a SMALL amount of pressure.
Now take a cigarette lighter with the other hand, and use the bottom of the
lighter as your lever. Wedge outside edge of lighter under the bottle cap, and
apply downward pressure. Try and leave minimal room between the hand
holding the bottle neck, and the cap. Just enough to squeeze the lighter into.
The hand holding the bottle neck will act as your fulcrum. Easy as that!

Pop top...I was using an opener. I think I may have had the teeth of the opener around the bottle lip, unbeknownst to me. :(

archangel said:
I have personally bought and sold three...now on my fourth...glutton for punishment I guess...hey ya want to buy mine... bayliner capri with a 125hp force ob...runs great! The price of fuel being the new denominator rather than no more fun.....LOL! :teeth:

My boat will be 250hp, minimum. The one we rode yesterday was 120; just not enough thrust imo. :)

-=d=- said:
Pop top...I was using an opener. I think I may have had the teeth of the opener around the bottle lip, unbeknownst to me. :(

Ahhh user error.
In that case, I would use the lighter, or any like object, method.

-=d=- said:

My boat will be 250hp, minimum. The one we rode yesterday was 120; just not enough thrust imo. :)

250hp minimum...damn...now thats alot of fuel to consider...mine only does 55mph tops...and burns alot of fuel at that speed...so 250hp maybe 65mph tops with even more fuel burn...enjoy your weekends...alot of taco bell for you...the rest will definetly go to fuel!....LOL :cof:

Sounds like a real adventurous day... all but that mellon scoop in the hand... yikes! That's going to leave a mark... :p:

archangel said:
250hp minimum...damn...now thats alot of fuel to consider...mine only does 55mph tops...and burns alot of fuel at that speed...so 250hp maybe 65mph tops with even more fuel burn...enjoy your weekends...alot of taco bell for you...the rest will definetly go to fuel!....LOL :cof:

After being towed by his boat, and waiting 5 minutes until the boat got up to speed, more HP is in order.

Plus, we only boat a few months out of the year, anyway :)

Here's the hand wound... not too messy - pic doesn't show the depth, cuz the blood was pooling in the 'crater', however...and yes, I'm right-handed...but I was due some variety in my love-life anyway...

:(

Attachments

• $darinhand.jpg
    $darinhand.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 63
-=d=- said:
Here's the hand wound... not too messy - pic doesn't show the depth, cuz the blood was pooling in the 'crater', however...and yes, I'm right-handed...but I was due some variety in my love-life anyway...

Did they stitch you? Or just apply heat??

Bonnie said:
Did they stitch you? Or just apply heat??

Nothing to stitch...the skin chunk went missing...she applied silver phospate or something like that?

I'm telling you bonnie...I can't think of anything but TWO things in my life which have hurt worse:

Getting Stitches in my TONGUE

Getting a Shot thru the soles of my feet.

Could have used a smart, pretty rocker-chick to hold my hand, that's for sure!

:p: :p: :wine:

-=d=- said:
Nothing to stitch...the skin chunk went missing...she applied silver phospate or something like that?

I'm telling you bonnie...I can't think of anything but TWO things in my life which have hurt worse:

Getting Stitches in my TONGUE

Getting a Shot thru the soles of my feet.

Could have used a smart, pretty rocker-chick to hold my hand, that's for sure!

:p: :p: :wine:

Stitches in your tongue??? OUCH!!

And I thought having my lip stitched and watching them do it after a car accident I was in hurt!! Nothing like the visual :eek2:

Forum List

Back