My Spell Checker Has Down Syndrome Or Something...

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
What the fuck!? So I have an android phone. Well the spell checker/auto correct on this thing is part southern Baptist preacher, and part flat out fucking retarded. I've been fighting this thing for months. And losing. So I come to you.

This thing refuses to let me type cuss words. I always have to go back and edit my posts because it will change words like "fuck", into duck. ( did it again...) And "shit" into shot. And so on and so forth. This is beyond infuriating.
Additionally it will also take a perfectly spelled word, and replace it with another word altogether. Many times I haven't even noticed till after I've posted, and someone points out that it doesn't make any fucking sense.
How can I replace my auto correct/spell checker on my phone? I swear to God the one they put in here is actually retarded.

(That took way too long...)

What the fuck!? So I have an android phone. Well the spell checker/auto correct on this thing is part southern Baptist preacher, and part flat out fucking retarded. I've been fighting this thing for months. And losing. So I come to you.

This thing refuses to let me type cuss words. I always have to go back and edit my posts because it will change words like "fuck", into duck. ( did it again...) And "shit" into shot. And so on and so forth. This is beyond infuriating.
Additionally it will also take a perfectly spelled word, and replace it with another word altogether. Many times I haven't even noticed till after I've posted, and someone points out that it doesn't make any fucking sense.
How can I replace my auto correct/spell checker on my phone? I swear to God the one they put in here is actually retarded.

Upgrade from a connected Etch a Sketch to a real cell phone.........

Not funny to make fun of Downs syndrome.

Just ask the RWNJs who lied about the left making fun of $arah's kid when, if FACT, we were all making fun of her.

-- Why don't you just turn off auto fill?

Not funny to make fun of Downs syndrome.

Just ask the RWNJs who lied about the left making fun of $arah's kid when, if FACT, we were all making fun of her.

-- Why don't you just turn off auto fill?
If working properly it helps me type at red lights, and at work.

marsala.jpg
Autocorrect Fail | Hilarious Auto Correct blunders and funny texts and messages from your mobile phone!

You are not alone.

There should be an option that allows to disable the automatic correction. I turn it off. It does nothing but suggest words on top of the keyboard. Also you can check if your phone uses a keyboard provided by the manufacturer and try to enable the standard android keyboard to see if that matches your needs. If your phone does not allow to disable the autocorrection or keyboard you can install another keyboard from the Play Store that comes with its own spell checker and options. Note that you should use only a keyboard app that you trust as it could receive all your inputs including passwords and other personal data.

Forum List

Back