My Son is on his way to the Middle East

My son informed me this morning that he is deploying to the middle east today. His ship left this morning to transit the Atlantic and then to the east med near Lebanon & Syria. I hope he stays safe and brings the fight to ISIS.
My son firing the ships .25mm MG.

View attachment 36978

Is this his first deployment? None are easy (had a son deploy to Iraq three separate times). But the first is damn hard.

My best to him and his loved ones stateside!

I am so envious, he gets to shoot a bigger gun than I did...
They also have a bigger one than that a 5"
I didn't join the Navy since ships sink...and I like dry land.....
I joined the Navy because I can swim and I like 3 hots and a cot everynight.
The Army is like that, if you make high grades on the entrance exam...
The Navy recuriter told us that if we did not score high enough on the ASVAB the Army would take us...lol

My son informed me this morning that he is deploying to the middle east today. His ship left this morning to transit the Atlantic and then to the east med near Lebanon & Syria. I hope he stays safe and brings the fight to ISIS.

View attachment 36978

Is this his first deployment? None are easy (had a son deploy to Iraq three separate times). But the first is damn hard.

My best to him and his loved ones stateside!

Thanks.
Yes his first.

I am so envious, he gets to shoot a bigger gun than I did...
They also have a bigger one than that a 5"
I didn't join the Navy since ships sink...and I like dry land.....
I joined the Navy because I can swim and I like 3 hots and a cot everynight.
The Army is like that, if you make high grades on the entrance exam...
The Navy recuriter told us that if we did not score high enough on the ASFAB the Army would take us...lol
They told us the Marines....or a gun bunny....Cooks were getting a large bonus then..

View attachment 36978
Loose lips sink ships.
Thats why I did not name his ship or port.
Well, thank goodness for that.

Danger is less to him, than from some deranged America hater stalking you here, IMNSHO.
I doubt Where_are_my_keys is even reading this thread.

Hugs to you and your family NLT !

I know how hard it is to watch them deploy.

He will see the world N. Our grandson did a tour on a ship in the med during Benghazi. I think he probably did a number of things he can't tell us about but he sure came back from the service a much more focused and disciplined young man, it was absolutely the right choice for him. Godspeed and safe passage for the young man.

Here's hoping he writes home about how bored he is and uneventuful his tour's turning out. As the ancient Chinese curse went, "May you live in interesting times." So here's to being bored out of your skull.

Forum List

Back