My son got a Talented & Gifted referral..

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
awwww...

Means nothing except he's probably smarter than his teacher, haha...still has to be screened, may or may not cut the mustard.

But it's one of those things that I can't share far and wide with the people who know us in real life (or even share with him, now) because then if he screens out we'd have to address it...

But as a mom I think HELL YEAH! My kid ROCKS!

The little brainiac!

Funny thing...I got the call from the teacher, and thought he was in trouble...again. He has his days where his behavior isn't exactly stellar...nothing bad but he tends to smart off a little, doesn't listen, doesn't do what he's told to, bounces, bounces, bounces....is loud...busy active boy stuff. And I was pissing and moaning, "Really? Good grief, it's the last full of day of school, what sort of teacher snitches out a kid on the next to last day of school for not standing in line quietly..."

To my complete surprise when I finally reached her, she said "Yeah (only she still sounds bummed...think the teacher in Charlie Brown, that's exactly her intonation) he's had a pretty good couple of days. Oh and I referred him for the TAG program. He's so bright and I've enjoyed having him so much...and I hear he's a good athlete too."

It wasn't until I got off the phone that I really registered what she had said. I don't know what the athlete part was about, lol. I think maybe she heard it from him, haha, though he was exceptional this winter in basketball...

Anyway, completely surreal. And into the fray we go! It's summer, this was the last day of school, woooo hooooooooooooo!

awwww...

Means nothing except he's probably smarter than his teacher, haha...still has to be screened, may or may not cut the mustard.

But it's one of those things that I can't share far and wide with the people who know us in real life (or even share with him, now) because then if he screens out we'd have to address it...

What grade?

Yeah!

I don't dare let him know, we'd never hear the end of it, and that could be potentially embarassing if he doesn't pass the screening, lol.

He's been bugging me for a mood ring, though. So tonight I'm getting him a mood ring. To go with his summer mohawk and red eye glasses.

The boy's an original.

awwww...

What grade?

He has just officially passed into third.

My response to teacher's news..."So he passed?"

I will rep you ladies when I'm able, thanks for the props! He's a good boyo!

The little brainiac!

Funny thing...I got the call from the teacher, and thought he was in trouble...again. He has his days where his behavior isn't exactly stellar...nothing bad but he tends to smart off a little, doesn't listen, doesn't do what he's told to, bounces, bounces, bounces....is loud...busy active boy stuff. And I was pissing and moaning, "Really? Good grief, it's the last full of day of school, what sort of teacher snitches out a kid on the next to last day of school for not standing in line quietly..."

To my complete surprise when I finally reached her, she said "Yeah (only she still sounds bummed...think the teacher in Charlie Brown, that's exactly her intonation) he's had a pretty good couple of days. Oh and I referred him for the TAG program. He's so bright and I've enjoyed having him so much...and I hear he's a good athlete too."

It wasn't until I got off the phone that I really registered what she had said. I don't know what the athlete part was about, lol. I think maybe she heard it from him, haha, though he was exceptional this winter in basketball...

Anyway, completely surreal. And into the fray we go! It's summer, this was the last day of school, woooo hooooooooooooo!

He may be bored; thus, I write "great job" to you. It is to be hoped his school has an advanced program that will not leave him wondering 'Why does the teacher just repeat the same things over & over again? We learned all this two months ago.'

We moved in the fall..and one of the first observations he made was "the math is REALLY easy". He moved from a Charter school, where he was in a classroom with grades 1-3...and he was unmistakably the smartest in his own little class....to a school that has 2 2nd grade classes of around 25 kids (and one that is mixed grades 1/2). I think he probably should have been moved up but it's so hard to get your bearings when you're new to a school...I just now feel like I'm starting to sort of get a feel for the grade school structure here.

So it was a learning experience for us. We'll hit the ground running next year...now we're set to really enjoy the summer. Starting this weekend with a trip up the coast to visit various and assorted fun stuff within driving distance, including the Japanese dock that's moved here!

18729064_BG1.jpg

Forum List

Back