My solution to the opioid epidemic

Drugs kill more Americans than guns, yet Democrats are more interested in taking away the one that actually saves lives too.

Get rid of illegal drugs and then gun violence will go way down.

Singapore has the right idea. They just kill the pusher. Users get two shots at kicking the habit before jail.

Of course, they shoot pushers on the spot, not trial, no jury. I would at least give them a trial.

The war on drugs in Singapore has been a success, proof you can win a war on drugs.......if you are serious about it. Drug us in Singapore drops by about 2/3 every year.

Trump said today in his speech about opioid overdoses that the government was going to spend money to find a good painkiller that is non addictive. Guess what? It's already here and grows out of the ground.

Not true.

Because marijuana impairs short-term memory and judgment and distorts perception, it can impair performance in school or at work and make it dangerous to drive. It also affects brain systems that are still maturing through young adulthood, so regular use by teens may have negative and long-lasting effects on their cognitive development, putting them at a competitive disadvantage and possibly interfering with their well-being in other ways. Also, contrary to popular belief, marijuana can be addictive, and its use during adolescence may make other forms of problem use or addiction more likely.
Letter From the Director

So do we continue to fight the War on Drugs, including nicotine, alcohol and opioids, or not?

You notice that in your post, it says that it can affect young people in their development. Same thing could be said about alcohol, because it does just as much damage or more on young people as well.

Never said that it should be given to kids. I personally believe the rules that regulate alcohol should also be used for marijuana.

And.................like I said................the first year that CO legalized cannabis for recreational use, opioid overdoses dropped 25 percent, and they have continued to drop ever since.
Not exactly. The actual reduction was 6.5 percent. And may be attributed to other factors.

Colorado officials skeptical about new study’s finding that legal marijuana reduced opioid deaths – The Denver Post
In addition to the stronger monitoring program, 2014 also saw increased public education about the dangers of opioid prescribing and wider distribution of the overdose-reversing drug naloxone. The Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention, which brings doctors, pharmacists, policy officials and others together, was also just getting up to speed.

Valuck also noted that, even as prescription opioid deaths have fallen, deaths from heroin have been rising in Colorado — meaning it is possible that what appears to be progress in combating prescription drug addiction is actually just a large-scale switch to a different opiate.

In other words. No one knows.

Forum List

Back