My simplistic take on Iraq, terrorism and Bush

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I just don't friggin know.

Unlike the rest of you dingbats, I'm not remotely arrogant enough to assume that I have enough information or access to enough intelligence to actually think I know what is best. So I have very little choice other than to trust that our leaders, and specifically our CiC, will use their best judgement to make decisions that are in the best interests of the United States of America. And therein lies the rub. I do have enough information to reasonably conclude that our current crop of leaders, and specifically our CiC, place their personal interests above of the best interests of the country on their prioritization depth chart. And that just plain sucks. Thankfully, IMO, any of the three currently viable candidates, are unlikely to do the same. I'm a little less confident about Clinton, but the other two I really believe want what's best for this country even though they'd disagree considerably about what that entails.

:neutral:

What makes you think Bush puts his personal interests before that of the country?

Just remember, you never use it. At least that's what you claim. So it's not very smart of you to depend on it.

Oh, right, you voted for Bush.

LOL!

So all this is based on a hunch, but you have no actual evidence or anything to support your suspicion that Bush places personal interests first.

That's the problem with Dems. They're jaded because they're used to dealing with Dems.

or, used to dealing with people who can speak the engrish fucking language without creating more "isms" than profound statements.

So all this is based on a hunch, but you have no actual evidence or anything to support your suspicion that Bush places personal interests first.

4000 dead American Patriots for a fucking war that never needed to be fought.

That's the problem with Dems. They're jaded because they're used to dealing with Dems.

What a stupid remark. You as the conservative are not jaded at all from reading and vomiting back all your sides talking points.

Like I said. Get a life. You see it one way, others see it another. You aren't god.

asdf

Still waiting for some evidence that Bush has put personal gain before the US. Maybe you could make some connection there, instead of just blathering insanely.

Still waiting for some evidence that Bush has put personal gain before the US. Maybe you could make some connection there, instead of just blathering insanely.

I think Allie is right here.

There is no proof he has personally gained. However, I think it is abundantly clear he is just really fucking stupid.

Satisfied Allie?

As I thought. You've no evidence he's stupid. You just assume that people who don't share your world view are all stupid.

With all due respect Allie, in the short time I've been here you've made it abundantly clear that you are incapable of objective reasoning. No matter what I say, you'll dismiss it without even considering it for an instant. Therefore I see no reason to bother.

Why should anyone produce evidence to support something that wasn't said?

He said the current crop of leaders put their personal interests above what's best for this nation. "Interest" and "gain" are not interchangeable words.

Is NAFTA what's best for this nation?

Is amnesty for illegal immigrants what's best for this nation?

Is starting a second front in a war before completely securing the first one when it was not absolutely necessary what's best for this nation?

Is nominating some librarian lawyer crony to sit on the freakin Supreme Court no less what's best for this nation?

In each case, Bush put HIS beliefs ahead of what is best for this nation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back