My Sandy Tale

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Came through unscathed and grateful. A 200 year old oak tree fell across the driveway and had 5 trees domino in the backyard. My next-door neighbors were not as lucky, one had a tree branch pierce her roof and land in her bedroom luckily she was in her computer room at the time. She asked me if I wanted to come over and see for myself what the branch did in her bedroom, I thanked her for the offer but declined. My neighbors immediately across the street had a tree fall on their roof and open their living room to the sky above and again no one hurt

Came through unscathed and grateful. A 200 year old oak tree fell across the driveway and had 5 trees domino in the backyard. My next-door neighbors were not as lucky, one had a tree branch pierce her roof and land in her bedroom luckily she was in her computer room at the time. She asked me if I wanted to come over and see for myself what the branch did in her bedroom, I thanked her for the offer but declined. My neighbors immediately across the street had a tree fall on their roof and open their living room to the sky above and again no one hurt

Good to hear you avoided the worst. The storm seemed to follow the terrain around here, meaning a deep river valley some yards east--several miles inland--but at times the wind sounded like a dive bomber from an old WWII movie. We had a few branches down, some nasty flooding and light damage to some roofs in the neighborhood. I wish everyone had been as fortunate.

Forum List

Back