My rejected Amazon review

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Amazon Prime sells a certain drink in 24 packs at $33 (free shipping). The next best price is $45 for non Prime members is from a third party seller I believe (not including shipping). So, I reviewed the product, stating that I thought this was an unfair business practice, and they rejected it.

Last edited:
Amazon Prime sells a certain drink in 24 packs at $33 (free shipping). The next best price is $45 for non Prime members is from a third party seller I believe (not including shipping). So, I reviewed the product, stating that I thought this was an unfair business practice, and they rejected it.

It's an unfair business practice to sell things cheaper than other people sell them?

They probably rejected it because you are reviewing the company or the product and sometimes people's review of the company crosses over and vica versa and gets rejected. But yeah, they control the true rating and experience sharing by censoring certain unpleasant experiences or people warning of gouging etc.

Your review wasn’t really a review of the drink. Your review was of Amazon’s business practice. The quality of the drink itself should not depend on the business practice.

Well, where should you leave a review of Amazon’s business practice? IDK

Probably can do that in the Amazon discussion forums if they still have them.

It's an unfair business practice to sell things cheaper than other people sell them?

If they're doing it for one segment of consumers and not the other, then I question the legality.

Your review wasn’t really a review of the drink. Your review was of Amazon’s business practice. The quality of the drink itself should not depend on the business practice.

The price is reviewable. So, no to that.

So, I reviewed the product, stating that I thought this was an unfair business practice, and they rejected it.
If you had simply said the product cost too much, perhaps they would have accepted the review, but you said the Business Practice was unfair.

So, I reviewed the product, stating that I thought this was an unfair business practice, and they rejected it.
If you had simply said the product cost too much, perhaps they would have accepted the review, but you said the Business Practice was unfair.

I actually did not say that. I questioned the legality, which is different.

Meh....I bought some heavy leather gloves to be used for Dutch oven cooking and they sucked.
Recommended you buy some welding gloves instead and they nixed my review.
So I stopped reviewing items from Amazon.
Now I research the products available on Amazon from other sources before I buy.

If they're doing it for one segment of consumers and not the other, then I question the legality.

It's a club you have to pay to be in. It's no different than Sam's Club or Costco, but this one is online.

It's a club you have to pay to be in. It's no different than Sam's Club or Costco, but this one is online.

It's different b/c non club members can buy most the same products. I didn't say it's illegal. I said I do question the legality though.

It's different b/c non club members can buy most the same products. I didn't say it's illegal. I said I do question the legality though.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. The same stuff you would pay one price for at Walmart, people who pay for a membership can get cheaper at Sam's Club. On amazon there is a price for normal customers, and then there is a price for people who pay for the Amazon membership. Amazon Prime members also get better deals on shipping... and great deals on lots of stuff on Amazon Prime Day. I've been a College Student Prime member for like 3 years. When you are a student you can sign up and you get the first 6 months (?). for free. If you plan on spending much on Amazon it is worth it. Plus you get access to music, movies, original content, and sometimes free eBooks, and so forth.

Forum List

Back