My problem with the tea party

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
What were the tea partiers before the tea party? This seems to be the biggest problem I have with the tea party people. Before the TP they were Republicans. It was Republican policy that lead to this mess we are now in. The example of eight years of GWB is what I use.

Now the Republicans are tied to GWB, and people are leary of the Republicans as they should be. The TP people have changed their name but have they changed anything else? They were all for GWB when it came to getting him elected and then elected again. GWB could do no wrong, even as he was expanding government, starting wars based on lies, giving tax breaks, and not paying for any of them. When GWB had destroyed the Republican name the Democrats moved in with Obama.

Rather than restoring the Republican name the just changed their name. Instead of taking responsibility for GWB and his policies they ran away and changed their name. What are they going to change their name to next when this experiment fails. As of now they claim not to have a leader, and operate in the general idea catagory. Shouting about cutting spending, and smaller government is great but without a leader to focus them and refine their message what good are they. The people they are leaving the enacting of their wishes to are the Republicans.

This is not an endorsement of the Democrats, Liberals, or Obama. Lord knows their solutions haven't been stallar so far, but they are not the Republicans.

What were the tea partiers before the tea party? This seems to be the biggest problem I have with the tea party people. Before the TP they were Republicans. It was Republican policy that lead to this mess we are now in. The example of eight years of GWB is what I use.

Now the Republicans are tied to GWB, and people are leary of the Republicans as they should be. The TP people have changed their name but have they changed anything else? They were all for GWB when it came to getting him elected and then elected again. GWB could do no wrong, even as he was expanding government, starting wars based on lies, giving tax breaks, and not paying for any of them. When GWB had destroyed the Republican name the Democrats moved in with Obama.

Rather than restoring the Republican name the just changed their name. Instead of taking responsibility for GWB and his policies they ran away and changed their name. What are they going to change their name to next when this experiment fails. As of now they claim not to have a leader, and operate in the general idea catagory. Shouting about cutting spending, and smaller government is great but without a leader to focus them and refine their message what good are they. The people they are leaving the enacting of their wishes to are the Republicans.

This is not an endorsement of the Democrats, Liberals, or Obama. Lord knows their solutions haven't been stallar so far, but they are not the Republicans.

Bush fooled the conservatives into think he was a conservative, Bush gave us obama Conservatives are fed up and because of mismanagement of both party's you get the tea party. We of the tea party are here to stay. don't like it? Change

What the hell, the Tea Party isn't taking responsibility for Bush, we just threw out a few entrenched Commie lites from the Republican party along with a lot of Commie Democrats in this last election. And we have giving a clear warning to Republicans, you don't get back to your principles, we will come after you in the next election.

So if that isn't taking responsibility for Bush and some the crap he caved in on then I don't what is.

The problem with Liberals-Democrats they don't hold their elected officials to any STANDARDS and just keep reelecting them over and over.

Last edited:

Bush fooled the conservatives into think he was a conservative, Bush gave us obama Conservatives are fed up and because of mismanagement of both party's you get the tea party. We of the tea party are here to stay. don't like it? Change

Bush fooled you guys, but he didn't fool me, and that is my point. I jumped up and down trying to make you guys see him for what he was, but you refused to listen. Instead you helped elect him to a second term. Now you want me to believe your fed up? what happens when the next GWB rolls along? We can't afford another eight years of that. Before I hitch up to your wagon you need to do several things, the first is selecting a leader, the second is comming up with a specific plan of how to fix our problems, the last thing is to prove that you will stay out of social politics. Without a leader you are just a mob.

What the hell, the Tea Party isn't taking responsibility for Bush, we just threw out a few entrenched Commie lites from the Republican party along with a lot of Commie Democrats in this last election. And we have giving a clear warning to Republicans, you don't get back to your principles, we will come after you in the next election.

So if that isn't taking responsibility for Bush and some the crap he caved in on then I don't what is.

The problem with Liberals-Democrats they don't hold their elected officials to any STANDARDS and just keep reelecting them over and over.

You claim you did alot by throwing out Democrats and republicans, but what did you replace them with? Throwing out is the easy part, putting someone of quality 'in' is the hard part. You gave a warning? a warning? The world warned Hitler too, and look where that got us.

"The problem with Liberals-Democrats they don't hold their elected officials to any STANDARDS and just keep reelecting them over and over."

Just like John McCain and every other carreer politician. Don't you see that they are giving you lip service. The Republicans and Democrats in office now will say anything to get elected, move anywhere to get elected, and they will morph into anything to stay on the governemtn tit. They have a great wage and benefits, do you think they are going to give those up without a fight? They work for the corporations not us.

Bush fooled you guys, but he didn't fool me, and that is my point. I jumped up and down trying to make you guys see him for what he was, but you refused to listen.
Obama fooled you guys, but he didn't fool me, and that is my point. I jumped up and down trying to make you guys see him for what he was, but you refused to listen.

Bush fooled you guys, but he didn't fool me, and that is my point. I jumped up and down trying to make you guys see him for what he was, but you refused to listen.
Obama fooled you guys, but he didn't fool me, and that is my point. I jumped up and down trying to make you guys see him for what he was, but you refused to listen.

Look at what you offered as an alternative? Look at the name brand you offered? When you get burned by a product as bad as we got burned you become a little gun shy. As I stated before furhter back in the thread this is not an endorsement of the Liberals, or Democrats, or Obama.

Look at what you offered as an alternative? Look at the name brand you offered? When you get burned by a product as bad as we got burned you become a little gun shy. As I stated before furhter back in the thread this is not an endorsement of the Liberals, or Democrats, or Obama.
You don't understand the T.E.A. Party or why it was started. It stands for small government that's why both the Democrats AND the Republicans are trying to minimize their effects.

I see Obama as a clone of Bush, apparently you don't.

You don't understand the T.E.A. Party or why it was started. It stands for small government that's why both the Democrats AND the Republicans are trying to minimize their effects.

I see Obama as a clone of Bush, apparently you don't.

I understand the T.E.A. Party and I understand why it was started, what I don't understand is why they won't give me someone other than a Republican to vote for, and why they always talk like other politicians... in vague generalities. i.e smaller government (how do you plan on getting to smaller government, exactly)

As for clones:
I understand that the Republicans will take my money and give it to the rich.
I understand that the Democrats will take my money and give it to the poor.
Either way they take my money, I get to choose who gets it. a shitty choice.

This average Joe LOVES the Tea-Party!! Don't change a fucking thing! You guys are doing a fine job of driving moderates and libertarians into the democratic party. And getting libertarians to move like that is like herding cats.

No, no, NO! Don't change a fucking thing - especially the leadership...

:lol::lol::lol:

You owe me a new keyboard.

The problem with all three parties (R, D & T) is that he (or she) who has the most money, wins.

You may get to vote for them, but your representatives don't represent you, they represent the ownership interests behind Exxon, GE, Wal-Mart, The Chinese Government, The Saudi Royal Family, British Petroleum and everyone else who is making money on the current status quo.

Follow the money and then vote against it.

I'll believe the TEAPARTY isn't a front for the GOP when the Teaparty candidates stop acting like rabid Republicans.

I don't doubt the rank and file TPer is sincere, but for them to suggest that their movement is nonpartisan or not GOP leaning is obviously nonsense.

I just hope that some of the young guys that were supported by Tea Party people don't get disenchanted. I'm thinking of guys like Marco Rubio and a few others who recognise the problem and don't seem to be owned by anyone. I'm tired of Obama lying every time he opens his mouth

Bush fooled you guys, but he didn't fool me, and that is my point. I jumped up and down trying to make you guys see him for what he was, but you refused to listen. Instead you helped elect him to a second term. Now you want me to believe your fed up? what happens when the next GWB rolls along? We can't afford another eight years of that. Before I hitch up to your wagon you need to do several things, the first is selecting a leader, the second is comming up with a specific plan of how to fix our problems, the last thing is to prove that you will stay out of social politics. Without a leader you are just a mob.

Bush sr. Bush jr. obama Carter one in the same those who voted for them were fooled.

The Taxed Enough Already Party is the silent majority of voters who have been fed up with both parties
since George Bush Sr. What broke their silence and finally woke many of them up was the health care bill. It will cost too much and gives way to much power to the government to tell us what we can and can not do.
It is mainly middle class people who have been taxed way too much ( soaked is the word I use) and wants government to become smaller, more manageable, and fiscally responsible, and to change the tax system.
It consists of Republicans, Independents and Conservative Democrats.
The main stream media's reporting of them as mainly republicans, old and racist is an out right lie and spin. It's what the mainstream media does in order to control the publics view.
The liberals by the media and political party were able to silence the conservative voice since the 70's until now.
Conservatives will not become silent again.
Conservatives have just as much right to their political views as the liberals.
The majority of voters will not be silenced by liberal attacks, misrepresentation, spins or out right lies.
Most of the voters are sick and tired of being called names and made out to be stupid.
It is the uber left who believe that government must take care of the masses because the masses can not take care of themselves. Americans are fed up with this and they want their freedoms back.
The Majority of Tea Party's want to take care of our old, our disabled,and our poor. They just have a different point of view on how to do it and they will not keep their mouths shut ever again, so get over it liberals. Conservatives voices are here to stay and Liberals need to learn how to compromise with them instead of my way or the highway attitude.

The Taxed Enough Already Party is the silent majority of voters who have been fed up with both parties
since George Bush Sr. What broke their silence and finally woke many of them up was the health care bill. It will cost too much and gives way to much power to the government to tell us what we can and can not do.
It is mainly middle class people who have been taxed way too much ( soaked is the word I use) and wants government to become smaller, more manageable, and fiscally responsible, and to change the tax system.
It consists of Republicans, Independents and Conservative Democrats.
The main stream media's reporting of them as mainly republicans, old and racist is an out right lie and spin. It's what the mainstream media does in order to control the publics view.
The liberals by the media and political party were able to silence the conservative voice since the 70's until now.
Conservatives will not become silent again.
Conservatives have just as much right to their political views as the liberals.
The majority of voters will not be silenced by liberal attacks, misrepresentation, spins or out right lies.
Most of the voters are sick and tired of being called names and made out to be stupid.
It is the uber left who believe that government must take care of the masses because the masses can not take care of themselves. Americans are fed up with this and they want their freedoms back.
The Majority of Tea Party's want to take care of our old, our disabled,and our poor. They just have a different point of view on how to do it and they will not keep their mouths shut ever again, so get over it liberals. Conservatives voices are here to stay and Liberals need to learn how to compromise with them instead of my way or the highway attitude.

All of that is great, and I would support any leader that can give me specifics on how to do just that. But you haven't given me any of that. What you have given me is...Vote Republican they won't screw you over again I promise.

Again, let me say that this is not an endorsement of Liberals, Democrats, or Obama.

The people voted republican in order to stop the dems from their out of control government programs and spending.
They also voted in 80 new republicans who will not go along with the old boy attitude business as usual in both parties. If they cave they will be fired.
I agree that the Repubs and Dems do not have any real good leaders to choose from, at this point in time.

The people voted republican in order to stop the dems from their out of control government programs and spending.
They also voted in 80 new republicans who will not go along with the old boy attitude business as usual in both parties. If they cave they will be fired.
I agree that the Repubs and Dems do not have any real good leaders to choose from, at this point in time.

After the election the Tea party had a get together of some kind I can't remember what it was for. I think it was some kind of caucus. But out of all the so called tea party politicians that were voted in only four showed up. Rubio didn't even attend, he opted for the wait and see approach. This shows me they just wanted to get elected and told the people what they wanted to hear so they could belly up to the government tit.

Last edited:
So then they will be fired.
Taxed Enough will have no problem looking for 3rd type candidate's if repubs and dems are not going to listen to the people who hire them, fire them and pay their salaries. Instead of the lobbyists. The people will demand to get this changed. Dems and Repubs work for the people not special interests.
If dems don't get this then the people will find a new party to replace them. They will be gone just like other party's have been gone in the past.

They thought that the best move at the time, was repubs, give them a chance because right now we the people really only have the 2 party system, but if neither party changes, the people will look for 3rd party candidates. It is working somewhat, because neither party would have ever talked about cutting spending.
To go to 3rd party will take some time so most want to change the representation that we have,now. They will vote out the incumbents and will vote for someone who is not endorsed by the party leaders.

Forum List

Back