My problem with the NFL re: National Anthem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonzi, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,585

"Per the NFL rulebook [sic]:"

Pretty sure the US Constitution "trumps" the NFL rule book, as well as trump's all right, kkk racism.

2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,343
    Hey, Mac, tell us about how you are liberal and voted for Hillary again. That shit never gets old.

I'm terribly fond of my country, and I have the DD214 and a box of medals to prove it. I also think we have a lot of problems with racism, with homophobia, with wealth inequality, and we really ought to do something about it.

Just because you love something doesn't mean you ignore its flaws. Like a few years ago, my family got on me because of my weight. They didn't do it to be mean, they did it because they cared about me and were concerned about my health.

3. eddiew37

eddiew37 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,134
    QUESTION for the board
    When you're home sitting on the couch or in a bar hoisting a tall one while watching an NFL game do you stand when they play the national anthem??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    . The Constitution respects private institutions, and their ability to create rules and guidelines for those employed by and operating on the property of those private institutions. The NFL because it is overwhelmingly race lopsided, it is fearful of enforcing the rules due to the situation.

5. Luddly Neddite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,585

Not to mention that resisting or mouthing off are hardly capital punishment crimes. Nor is it acceptable for police to mete out sentences.

Defending police in these crimes is indefensible, especially since their usual punishment is a paid vacation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. LeftofLeft

LeftofLeft Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,883
    The traditional fear is that the Left is going to brand you racist or intolerant. The reality is that they have done this incessantly to the point where the term is watered down. They keep threatening Trump with impeachment. I would like to see them bring it on. They think they are dealing with a President and electorate that gives a shit what they think.

7. Luddly Neddite

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,585

Constitution trumps NFL but really, my biggest complaint is the president is not doing what he swore to do - protect the US Constitution.

He's whining like a spoiled toddler for only one reason - he was snubbed by the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    What does it matter ? In the privacy of one's home people do what they want to do, but when in public people usually want to show unity and respect for their country. The world is watching, and lately we look like a bunch of idiots in this country for allowing a false narrative to be built up on the Michael Bown incident in order to spark a racial divide that has since morphed into a full blown bunch of bullcrap ever since. It tells the world that we have gotten out of control of our justice system in this country, and that fake news stories, narratives, and lies drive the media machine in which is undermining the nation now. Why can't everyone just be honest again ?? How hard can that be anymore ?

9. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    . Really ? You actually believe it's about the past dealings of Trump the businessman who knows that you win some, and that you lose some in business all the time ?? Trump could care less in the way in which you think he cares about what you just claimed.

10. eddiew37

eddiew37 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,134
    so at home there's no need for you to show respect for the flag even if you're all alone? AND the reason we look like idiots is because we have an idiot in charge