My Problem With The Black Conservative Message

You should be banned from the Internet that was so stupid..

that was digusting

my gawd

LOL, the TRUTH HURTS. I notice you don't seem to have a problem when some of your cohorts here make blanket, inaccurate, and insulting bunch of generalizations about an ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE, yet you are so "disgusted" when I made an accurate observation and representation about a FEW INDIVIDUALS. Thanks for the laugh and thanks for exposing yourself! :lol:

Food for thought, ideas, and discussion for people who want to discuss and debate it.

"The Negro race, like all races, is going to be saved by its exceptional men. The problem of education, then, among Negroes must first of all deal with the Talented Tenth; it is the problem of developing the Best of this race that they may guide the Mass away from the contamination and death of the Worst, in their own and other races. Now the training of men is a difficult and intricate task. Its technique is a matter for educational experts, but its object is for the vision of seers. If we make money the object of man-training, we shall develop money-makers but not necessarily men; if we make technical skill the object of education, we may possess artisans but not, in nature, men. Men we shall have only as we make manhood the object of the work of the schools—intelligence, broad sympathy, knowledge of the world that was and is, and of the relation of men to it—this is the curriculum of that Higher Education which must underlie true life. On this foundation we may build bread winning, skill of hand and quickness of brain, with never a fear lest the child and man mistake the means of living for the object of life. . . "
W.E.B. Du Bois, "The Talented Tenth"

sorry massa

we white folks be uppity

Food for thought, ideas, and discussion for people who want to discuss and debate it.

"The Negro race, like all races, is going to be saved by its exceptional men. The problem of education, then, among Negroes must first of all deal with the Talented Tenth; it is the problem of developing the Best of this race that they may guide the Mass away from the contamination and death of the Worst, in their own and other races. Now the training of men is a difficult and intricate task. Its technique is a matter for educational experts, but its object is for the vision of seers. If we make money the object of man-training, we shall develop money-makers but not necessarily men; if we make technical skill the object of education, we may possess artisans but not, in nature, men. Men we shall have only as we make manhood the object of the work of the schools—intelligence, broad sympathy, knowledge of the world that was and is, and of the relation of men to it—this is the curriculum of that Higher Education which must underlie true life. On this foundation we may build bread winning, skill of hand and quickness of brain, with never a fear lest the child and man mistake the means of living for the object of life. . . "

Why must anyone make their race their identity? You are not tied to your race. You are an individual.

I never think" Wow, how can I survive and succeed as a white woman." I just live. Work, Play, Live, Learn and Love.

Are you aware of the circa that quote came from? You are aware that at that time and until fairly recently in Our history, "the Blacks" were made VERY aware of their "race" and the "place" they were expected to occupy, right? :)

You also must realize that today's "popular" Black conservatives bring up race quite frequently and tend to make insulting and inaccurate blanket generalizations about "the Blacks" who vote democrat, right? :)

I'm making those "smileys" above to let you know that I am not being hostile or sarcastic in my response to you.

sorry massa

we white folks be uppity

LOL, thanks for your unintelligent response!!! :lol:

Here's what I wrote on the Hannitard Forum that got me banned, I still stick by the accurate message below.

"Quote Originally Posted by PheonixOps
Secondly, what he was saying is FAR different than the mantra I have seen some of the more public black conservative republicans make. Those statements usually run in this theme:

"Yess massa dem blacks dey be brainwashed massa because dey be on da democrat plantation massa, and I is in da house wit you massa!"

"Yesssss massa I gots off a de plantation a longs times ago massa, now i be in de house wit you."

"You know massa, i thinks all of de blacks needs to go back to the plantation massa, so they knows wat works is massa! Can i gets on the approved list of negroes now massa?"

Those are paraphrases but correct translations that come from the republican 'conservative's" list of "approved negroes", cain, west, and peterson."
Perhaps if black conservatives would spend more time demonstrating the "virtues" of being one, instead of hurling inaccurate, bigoted, blanket generalizations that please their white masters, they would get more respect and a better reception.

You more or less hit the nail right on the head....:clap2:
Big Head Hannity, like alot of other conservatives are used to dissing it out....but can't take what they dish out themselves.

Reading this thread conjured up memories of Ward Connerly and the negative impact that he has had on aspiring UCSD in my hometown......read on:

Ward Connerly is color blind to racism, but likes the color of money
March 7, 2010

Who is Ward Connerly and why should you care that he’s coming to UCSD this Week?
As you can see from the Week 10 Faceoff post above Ward Connerly is coming to UCSD to impugn the constitutionality of the accords between Chancellor Fox and the UCSD BSU. For those of you that don’t know him: here’s a quick rundown of how Mr. Connerly rose to prominence, courtesy of UCSD History Professor Takashi Fujitani (thanks Professor!!):

Connerly got his start in government by working in redevelopment and state housing, but got his push into big money circles by becoming something of a protégé of Pete Wilson. Wilson hired him in 1969 to be the chief consultant for the Housing Committee of the State Assembly (1969). This experience and the connections that he surely made at the time allowed him to start his own firm, Connerly & Associates, whose business centers on real estate. The money he made in the business that Wilson’s connections facilitated, allowed him to then pay back his benefactor by contributing a load of money to Wilson’s gubernatorial campaign. Wilson then repaid Connerly by appointing him as a UC Regent in 1993.

This set the stage for Connerly’s drive to destroy the few meager tools we had under affirmative action at first the university level. I’m sure we all remember Regental Resolutions SP-1 and SP-2, which served as the testing ground and then springboard for the 209 campaign. But the story does not stop here because Connerly then went on to profit in obscene ways by accepting contributions from conservative foundations and corporate interests as a spokesperson and activist against affirmative action. Based on IRS records the Huffington Post reported back in 2008 that Connerly had personally made $7.6 million from 1997 to 2006 through his two tax-exempt, “non-profit” organizations, The American Civil Rights Institute and The American Civil Rights Coalition. Connerly’s profiteering out of the ruins of education and social justice came in the way of an enormous salary and fess for speaking and interviews that he paid himself.

“There just aren’t enough black kids who are academically prepared to go to UC San Diego”

This is Mr. Connerly’s most recent explanation for why Black students are underrepresented here at UCSD (for more, go HERE). In response to this comment, Prof. Jorge Marsical (Literature) wrote us in an email:

…this statement by Ward Connerly disqualifies him from saying anything else about our business. Every year there are hundreds of academically qualified Black students admitted to UCSD, more than at UCLA or Berkeley. As you all know, the problem is that over 80% of these academically prepared Black students choose NOT to come to UCSD. Why? Scholarship money and other factors but especially a shitty climate as we’re witnessed the last two weeks…

On Ward Connerly’s blackness

For sure, if Connerly jumps into this fight, critics of the BSU’s campaign here at UCSD are going to point to his black body as something that somehow gives his anti-affirmative action stance more weight. Much like the J. Jones fellow we got to know in the past few weeks, Black people are sometimes complicit in doing or supporting things that reproduce the structural marginalization of historically oppressed people of color in this country. A similar thing happens in the colonial world, where colonial subjects sometimes become agents of their people’s oppression partly because they have been thoroughly indoctrinated by colonial ideologies and partly because they’ve realized that they can get some personal gain out of it.

This illustrates how contrary to the way many people commenting on this blog think, this is not a white people versus black people thing. This is about people who understand the undeniable reality of structural racism and stuctural priviledges and are compelled to do something about these things versus those who for whatever reason either don’t get it or choose to ignore it. Mr. Connerly (and J. Jomes) are two examples of how people on either side of this struggle come in different bodies with different racial identities. The same goes for the thousands of white folks who have supported the campaign of the BSU and their allies (just look at any of the pictures from the Feb. 24 events; there are many kinds of bodies there).

On Ward Connerly’s love for the color green
Below is some more detailed information on who Ward Connerly is and on his track record when it comes to matters of race (courtesy of BAMN).

HIS FINANCIAL CONNECTIONS

•Connerly is CEO of Connerly & Associates, Inc., a real estate corporation based in Sacramento. He has gained financially from affirmative action programs in contracting. He attained his Regents position after donating $73,000 to the election campaign of Republican Pete Wilson, who as governor appointed Connerly to the Board of Regents on March 1, 1993, and whose political protégé Connerly is.
•As president and spokesperson of ACRI and ACRC, Connerly earns an additional $400,000/year. [Sacramento Bee, "Connerly's Crusading is Paying Off," June 26, 2003] He has received at least $100,000 from Joseph Coors of the Coors Corporation and nearly $2 million from other sources to spend on Proposition 54 (the “Racial Privacy Initiative”). [Ann Arbor News, July 27, 2003] Connerly “buys” his ballot initiatives- with his funding, Connerly pays professional companies to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures to place initiatives on state ballots and to finance deceptive ad campaigns.
•Despite a legal challenge filed in 2002, Connerly continues to conceal the source of more than $1 million he is currently spending on Proposition 54 (“Racial Privacy Initiative”).
WHAT HE HAS DONE

•In an effort to nullify the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling upholding affirmative action, Connerly is attempting to bring an anti- affirmative action ballot measure to Michigan and has announced his intention to bring similar measures to other states.
•Connerly first gained notoriety when he authored SP-1 and SP-2, which the Regents passed on July 20, 1995, banning affirmative action in UC admissions, employment, and contracting. The Regents later unanimously repealed this ban on May 16, 2001 in response to a BAMN-led demonstration of over 8,000 students and youth on March 8, 2001.
•In 1996, Connerly chaired the campaign for and drafted Proposition 209, which amended the California constitution to bar affirmative action in education, employment, and contracting for all state institutions. In 1998, Connerly campaigned for Initiative 200 in the state of Washington, which has lowered minority enrollment at the University of Washington and has increased segregation in Seattle’s public school system.
•Connerly is chairing the campaign for this October’s Proposition 54 (“Racial Privacy Initiative”), which would bar the collection by the state of racial and ethnic data. Universities, employers, and government agencies would be allowed to engage in discriminatory practices without fear of state information-gathering used to track discrimination.
•In September 2001, Connerly brought a successful suit to eliminate five state equal opportunity programs. This included abolishing outreach programs that provided information to socially disadvantaged businesses about opportunities available through the state, as well as programs that encouraged but did not require the use of underutilized minority and women-owned businesses in competitive bids for state contracts. Connerly also eliminated procedures protecting minority civil service workers from discriminatory layoffs, as well as every integration goal for faculty and staff in California universities and community colleges. Groups that are negatively impacted by these attacks include: women, black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans (including American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts, and Native Hawaiians), and Asian-Pacific Americans (including persons whose origins are from Japan, China, the Philippines, Korea, Vietnam, Samoa, Guam, the United States Trust Territories of the Pacific, Northern Marianas, Laos, Cambodia, and Taiwan).
•In July 2003, Connerly raised Resolution 38 before the UC Regents, to ban minority and LGBT-themed student orientations and graduation ceremonies. The motion failed.
•Proposition 209 has resulted in severe drops in black, Chicano, Latino, and Native American enrollment in the University of California’s top schools and graduate schools. In the Fall 2003 freshman class, only 315 (3.6%) black, 771 (8.8%) Chicano, 262 (3.0%) Latino, and 51 (0.6%) Native American students were admitted to UC- Berkeley (out of 8,796. For Fall 1995, before the end of affirmative action, 623 (7.1%) black, 1172 (13.3%) Chicano 338, (3.8%) Latino, and 142 (1.6%) Native American students were admitted to UC-Berkeley. [UC- Berkeley Office of Student Research] In 2002, these groups comprised 41.6% of California’s high school graduates. [California Department of Education] In Fall 2002, only one black first-year student enrolled at UC-Irvine medical school, and only two black first-year students at UC- Davis and UC-San Diego medical schools. [UC Office of the President].

To sum up, Ward Connerly has a proven record of undermining the small gains in educational access made by communities of color. He is not the defender of ‘civil rights’ as he claims to be, but rather continues to work in the interest of those in privilege. UCSD, what will we do in response to his campus visit? – T.T. and J.F.

Why must anyone make their race their identity? You are not tied to your race. You are an individual.

I never think" Wow, how can I survive and succeed as a white woman." I just live. Work, Play, Live, Learn and Love.

Are you aware of the circa that quote came from? You are aware that at that time and until fairly recently in Our history, "the Blacks" were made VERY aware of their "race" and the "place" they were expected to occupy, right? :)

You also must realize that today's "popular" Black conservatives bring up race quite frequently and tend to make insulting and inaccurate blanket generalizations about "the Blacks" who vote democrat, right? :)

I'm making those "smileys" above to let you know that I am not being hostile or sarcastic in my response to you.

Yes I know the past and always felt people who let the past "own" them are hurting themselves.

I think people who give their vote without question to any party are fools. Race is not a factor unless someone is letting race group think take away their independent thought. I know people who do this but they are not all black people. In fact, they are white. Then we have those who do political party group think. The problem is some people prefer the comfort protection of a group. Thinking independently takes more effort because it is messy and more complicated.

I use to be a group thinker with the right and it was easy. Gather up the daily talking points and go to war. Some lefties do the same. Some blacks do so also. Some whites too.

Don't worry about offending me. Will not happen but I appreciate your respect and consideration.

McWhorter is a man I admire because his message is not canned. It is his alone.

that was digusting

my gawd

LOL, the TRUTH HURTS. I notice you don't seem to have a problem when some of your cohorts here make blanket, inaccurate, and insulting bunch of generalizations about an ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE, yet you are so "disgusted" when I made an accurate observation and representation about a FEW INDIVIDUALS. Thanks for the laugh and thanks for exposing yourself! :lol:

ah, so "other" people forced you to write that garbage..
and like you aren't making generalizations of others on this board..
you should be hanging your head in shame

Yes I know the past and always felt people who let the past "own" them are hurting themselves.

I think people who give their vote without question to any party are fools. Race is not a factor unless someone is letting race group think take away their independent thought. I know people who do this but they are not all black people. In fact, they are white. Then we have those who do political party group think. The problem is some people prefer the comfort protection of a group. Thinking independently takes more effort because it is messy and more complicated.

I use to be a group thinker with the right and it was easy. Gather up the daily talking points and go to war. Some lefties do the same. Some blacks do so also. Some whites too.

Don't worry about offending me. Will not happen but I appreciate your respect and consideration.

NICE POST! Where do you think we actually disagree? I believe in the "individual", I vote for whoever I like, I don't care about party. I like that you added the qualifier of "some" when referring to a group of people, that's intelligent , objective, and honest in my opinion.

that was digusting

my gawd

ah, so "other" people forced you to write that garbage..
and like you aren't making generalizations of others on this board..
you should be hanging your head in shame

Where did I state that "others forced me" to do anything? You should hold your head in shame for making such an inaccurate pretext. I refer to individuals, did I say "all Black conservatives" or did I refer to to specfic "Black conservatives"? Didn't I just recently post quotes that I agree with from the "One of Fathers of Black conservatism"?

NICE POST! Where do you think we actually disagree? I believe in the "individual", I vote for whoever I like, I don't care about party. I like that you added the qualifier of "some" when referring to a group of people, that's intelligent , objective, and honest in my opinion.

Thanks! By the way, I don't think all discussions here must be based on disagreement as much as they might be just two or more people dissecting a topic.

Isn't that the crux of our discussion?

The problem is the omission of the qualifier "some" when discussing people. There are some people in every group who fit any chosen stereotype but those some do not speak for all.

I like these ideas from some Black conservatives:
"For many black conservatives, the key mission is to bring repair and success to the Black community by applying the following fundamental principles:

The pursuit of educational and professional excellence as a means of advancement within the society;

Policies that promote safety and security in the community beyond the typical casting of a criminal as a "victim" of societal racism;

Local economic development through free enterprise rather than looking to the federal government for assistance;

Empowerment of the individual via self-improvement (virtue), conscience, and supernatural grace.[1]

Black conservatives may find common ground with Black Nationalists through their common belief in black empowerment and the theory that black people have been duped by the Welfare state."

More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_conservatism_in_the_United_States

Can anyone show me a modern day "Black conservative" that states this without adding the insults and blanket generalizations of "the Blacks"? I like a lot of the above principles, but more of a Civil Liberties slant to it and more social Liberalism to it.

yes i know the past and always felt people who let the past "own" them are hurting themselves.

i think people who give their vote without question to any party are fools. race is not a factor unless someone is letting race group think take away their independent thought. I know people who do this but they are not all black people. In fact, they are white. Then we have those who do political party group think. The problem is some people prefer the comfort protection of a group. thinking independently takes more effort because it is messy and more complicated.

i use to be a group thinker with the right and it was easy. gather up the daily talking points and go to war. Some lefties do the same. Some blacks do so also. Some whites too.

don't worry about offending me. Will not happen but i appreciate your respect and consideration.

Mcwhorter is a man i admire because his message is not canned. It is his alone.

nice post! Where do you think we actually disagree? I believe in the "individual", i vote for whoever i like, i don't care about party. I like that you added the qualifier of "some" when referring to a group of people, that's intelligent , objective, and honest in my opinion.

thanks! By the way, i don't think all discussions here must be based on disagreement as much as they might be just two or more people dissecting a topic.

isn't that the crux of our discussion?

the problem is the omission of the qualifier "some" when discussing people.
there are some people in every group who fit any chosen stereotype but those some do not speak for all.

exactly!!!

"For many black conservatives, the key mission is to bring repair and success to the Black community by applying the following fundamental principles:

The pursuit of educational and professional excellence as a means of advancement within the society;

Policies that promote safety and security in the community beyond the typical casting of a criminal as a "victim" of societal racism;

Local economic development through free enterprise rather than looking to the federal government for assistance;

Empowerment of the individual via self-improvement (virtue), conscience, and supernatural grace.[1]

Black conservatives may find common ground with Black Nationalists through their common belief in black empowerment and the theory that black people have been duped by the Welfare state."

More info here:

Can anyone show me a modern day "Black conservative" that states this without adding the insults and blanket generalizations of "the Blacks"? I like a lot of the above principles, but more of a Civil Liberties slant to it and more social Liberalism to it.

I have a couple of questions for you Pheonix. Are you looking for a reason to reject what you might consider the conservative message or are you looking for a reason to embrace it? Do you think you need a conservative BLACK person to validate conservativism for you? I think I am just a bit confused by your train of thought or potential objective.

I have never fit perfectly in any political genre.

More info here:

I have a couple of questions for you Pheonix. Are you looking for a reason to reject what you might consider the conservative message or are you looking for a reason to embrace it? Do you think you need a conservative BLACK person to validate conservativism for you? I think I am just a bit confused by your train of thought or potential objective.

I have never fit perfectly in any political genre.

I'm actually trying to demonstrate that different philosophies DO have both their positive points, that's why I posted the quotes that I liked and the biographies and ideas of "Black conservative". The quote from the "Talented Tenth" was from W.E.B. Du Boise and his ideas came from a more Liberal side, but you can see the one common thread from both of those messages was and IS "self improvement", "self -reliance", education, and a "can do" attitude.

I'm also trying to demonstrate that if those points are made in a respectful manner, they may be accepted more.

Conservatives want less government and your problem is that blacks need government. You know without the government giving out hand outs a large portion of the black population will starve or become violent.

This proves my point and you hate it.

Last edited:
Conservatives want less government and your problem is that blacks need government. You know without the government hand outs a large portion of the black population will starve or will become violent.

blacks need government

No they don't.

Conservatives want less government

Well, that is a hard one to prove these days.

Do you fuckers even know what the conservative message is? One of raising your children to be hard working outstanding adults...O'noo's, we can't have that as living off the government means more power for the democrats. More victimhood and blaming whitey for your problem is what you're for.

Imagine that...Entire party based on free shit and encouraging third worldness...God help this country because man certainly won't.

What's so wrong with teaching your child to work hard? Not to steal? Even to try to make it on their own sweat and blood??? WTF???

This is the conservative message that built this nation. One of family, hard work and honor.

Last edited:
Conservatives want less government and your problem is that blacks need government. You know without the government hand outs a large portion of the black population will starve or will become violent.

blacks need government

No they don't.

Conservatives want less government

Well, that is a hard one to prove these days.

1# Over half of the black work force works for the federal government....3-4 times as large of a percentage of their population lives off of the government than whites.

2# Most of the republican party isn't conservative.

Forum List

Back