My Prediction...

TonyM

Rookie
Feb 23, 2017
Kent UK
We don't have to look too far to see extremism in so many people and the awful consequences.

Of the many things I think could happen in the near future, one of them is of increasing concern:

(Note: this is hypothetical)

Trump is pushed out of the White House

Some of the most fanatical followers of Trump will be angry and turn to violence creating a new form of internal terrorism

As much as I hate to think this could happen, I worry that leaders of all sides are pushing absolute and extremist persptions. What can possibly avoid this?

Again, this is just hypothetical... a 'what if' scenario.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that Trump or the american people deserve to have this President impeached .

We don't have to look too far to see extremism in so many people and the awful consequences.

Of the many things I think could happen in the near future, one of them is of increasing concern:

(Note: this is hypothetical)

Trump is pushed out of the White House

Some of the most fanatical followers of Trump will be angry and turn to violence creating a new form of internal terrorism

As much as I hate to think this could happen, I worry that leaders of all sides are pushing absolute and extremist persptions. What can possibly avoid this?
The GOP has been given full power by the electorate now.

I think for now they like having DJT in The White House.

They (the GOP) would only impeach and dump him if they absolutely had to.

It could come out of this Russian thing, and then again maybe not.

If Trump is pushed out then Pence would take over.

Pence is much more conventional than DJT of course.

So there is little to worry either way.

I doubt the GOP is going to do it anytime soon unless public opinion forces them to. Same story as Nixon.

Since you live in the UK and since you probably do not remember the Nixon affair, Nixon tried to subvert the 1972 elections. For this he was to be impeached and tried. He resigned instead.

Agree, but that still doesn't answer the question: How would the most fanatical Trump supporters react?

Actually, not wishful thinking. I truly hope it doesn't happen.

But again. What IF it happens?

Nobody seems to want to face the real question of the possible reaction and consequences.

Actually, not wishful thinking. I truly hope it doesn't happen.

But again. What IF it happens?

Nobody seems to want to face the real question of the possible reaction and consequences.

Can't live on "what if", only "what is".

That said, both sides of the political coin are at Defcon 1.

Agree, but that still doesn't answer the question: How would the most fanatical Trump supporters react?
The US has survived Nixon.

The US has survived GW Bush.

The US has survived BHO.

So there is not much that is new under the sun.

The ladies are marching and protesting with signs now since they have been butt-hurt by Hillary's defeat.

The gents might do the same if DJT is impeached -- for whatever reason.

We are a Nation of laws however the natives do get restless a time or two.

No big deal.

People calling for Trump's impeachment seem to a bit short-sighted.

If it were to happen, Pence would be president.

Trump's a little right of center, Pence is wayyyy right.

The reason I bring this up is because I have never seen such fanatical rhetoric from some Americans.
I know the US has survived some dire stuff before, and grown stronger for it, but this is just so different.

Forget the premise, look at the depth of the divide, the extreme views and anger from so many. It seems like a powder keg that needs one big spark to set off and turn into partisan violence.

I think the world is saying to all Americans, especially the leaders: "Dial it down a notch"

Forum List

Back