My prediction for the 2012 Republican Nominee

He's (1) too old and (2) hasn't figured out how to speak in lay terms for the general public. If Ron Paul is grooming a successor, whoever that might be would stand a chance.

Old yes, though he's in good health at this point. That could change by 2012 of course. As for his speaking, it's gotten much better since his campagin til now.

I've always liked a lot of what Ron Paul has to say. If he did wind up with the nomination next round, one can only hope he picks a SOLID running mate, not a trophy meant to rev up only one segment of the infamous "base."

Well I don't think Ron Paul could win the nomination despite being the only candidate who had a clue about our economic mess, but I think he'd choose a running mate that was in line with his ideals and not whoever was politically expedient.

He's (1) too old and (2) hasn't figured out how to speak in lay terms for the general public. If Ron Paul is grooming a successor, whoever that might be would stand a chance.

Old yes, though he's in good health at this point. That could change by 2012 of course. As for his speaking, it's gotten much better since his campagin til now.

I've always liked a lot of what Ron Paul has to say. If he did wind up with the nomination next round, one can only hope he picks a SOLID running mate, not a trophy meant to rev up only one segment of the infamous "base."

I always forget that Ron Paul is a republican.

He doesn't act like all the other Demoblicans...i meant republicrats....oh i mean republicans i keep getting the 2 parties confused as there is no real difference in the end.

What republicans or democrats are going after the FED and their artificial devaluating of our currency?

You must want Obama to get re-elected

Who said that? I didn't even vote for him.

That was my little way of saying I dont think Mike Huckabee could defeat Obama in 2012. Nothing against you personally.

Good thing too. I don't want a preacher in office or any republican for that matter. But i'm pretty sure The Robot will be the republicans choice. He's the least embarrassing for them, not counting the "Who let the dogs out" moment. Or the fact that he's a mormon.

ron_paul_500px.jpg

One can dream right?

I prefer to avoid nightmares.

I can't imagine a more agreeable nightmare.

keep dreaming....

thank heaven....

Why would it matter to you if Ron Paul won the Republican nomination? I don't know that I've ever seen you claim to be a Democrat but my assumption is that you'll vote for Obama in 2012 regardless of who the Republican nominee is.

Here is my top five:

5) Mike Huckabee

All around nice guy with solid conservative values.

4) Bobby Jindal

Dubbed the future Reagan and is also a powerful debater. But, I believe he is better off running in 2016.

3) Mitt Romney

If the economy is still in shambles in 2012 this would certainly be the man to fix it since he saved numerous businesses from collapse.

2) Jan Brewer

A bold pick that can give the party the same jolt that Palin did to the previous ticket.

The number one pick is...

1) Eric Cantor

Powerful speaker with a southern charm. I look for him to explode on the national scene the same way Obama did.

I like(d) Mike Pence. I still do I suppose but I heard him speaking the other day and I couldn't get over the fact that the guy is a walking cliche. One after another like popcorn. It started to get annoying.

Last edited:
Come on guys, we just watched one of the nation's biggest celebrities win the election last November. Now Hillary Clinton is in a dead end job, and she can't run. The answer is simple. Who is the biggest celebrity in the Republican Party? Now with more experience who can bring those Clinton women in now?

Sarah Palin could reach those Clinton voters. And, you guys are talking about running another dried up congressional leader. Wake up! Politics is show business. Let's not get left behind again. Let's dazzle America, Palin is the one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back