My prediction for the 2012 Republican Nominee

Here is my top five:

5) Mike Huckabee

All around nice guy with solid conservative values.

4) Bobby Jindal

Dubbed the future Reagan and is also a powerful debater. But, I believe he is better off running in 2016.

3) Mitt Romney

If the economy is still in shambles in 2012 this would certainly be the man to fix it since he saved numerous businesses from collapse.

2) Jan Brewer

A bold pick that can give the party the same jolt that Palin did to the previous ticket.

The number one pick is...

1) Eric Cantor

Powerful speaker with a southern charm. I look for him to explode on the national scene the same way Obama did.

Eric Cantor is Jewish. There's no way he'd be the nominee for President.

ron_paul_500px.jpg

One can dream right?

He's (1) too old and (2) hasn't figured out how to speak in lay terms for the general public. If Ron Paul is grooming a successor, whoever that might be would stand a chance.

A white male Southerner would be a bold move on the part of the GOP. Nothing like thinking outside the box.

You fail to mention that he would be the first Jewish nominee and that he is only the house. The pick was more bold than what you give it credit for. Whom would you say it will be?

At this point, my guess would be Romney. He is a solid choice, could appeal to independents and is a reasonably good campaigner.

At this stage though, its anybody's guess.

If I were to vote for another Republican (haven't since Reagan in 1980), I would also choose Romney. However, if I were a Republican, I would also be very nervous about those pesky skeletons that seem to be emerging. Romney is just to darned drop-dead gorgeous not to have had women knocking on his doors over his career. It's a rare man who can resist adoring (and adorable) fans forever.

You fail to mention that he would be the first Jewish nominee and that he is only the house. The pick was more bold than what you give it credit for. Whom would you say it will be?

At this point, my guess would be Romney. He is a solid choice, could appeal to independents and is a reasonably good campaigner.

If I were to vote for another Republican (haven't since Reagan in 1980), I would also choose Romney. However, if I were a Republican, I would also be very nervous about those pesky skeletons that seem to be emerging. Romney is just to darned drop-dead gorgeous not to have had women knocking on his doors over his career. It's a rare man who can resist adoring (and adorable) fans forever.

which skeletons are those? nothing came out during the last campaign that i recall, nothing came out when he ran for gov, and nothing came out when he ran against fat teddy for senate in '94. if there is anything, it seems awfully well hidden.

Here is my top five:

5) Mike Huckabee

4) Bobby Jindal

Dubbed the future Reagan and is also a powerful debater. But, I believe he is better off running in 2016.

3) Mitt Romney

If the economy is still in shambles in 2012 this would certainly be the man to fix it since he saved numerous businesses from collapse.

2) Jan Brewer

A bold pick that can give the party the same jolt that Palin did to the previous ticket.

1) Eric Cantor

Powerful speaker with a southern charm. I look for him to explode on the national scene the same way Obama did.

Cantor, throwback in the Tom Delay mold and the leader of the Representatives of NO!

That guy is an opportunist and absolutely useless. He's an embarrassment.

Charm? :lol: You must be joking..

Mitt Romney is your only hope. I even like him.

I agree about Cantor. For whatever reason, he's been thrust into the spotlight by the RNC as their undeclared spokesman. But if you actually LISTEN to much of the stuff that comes out of his mouth during interviews, you will note that he might as well be reading from a script. If he does go off-message, he tends to make outrageous statements. The latest was a couple of weeks ago discussing whatever health reform package was being introduced at the time, when he used Ted Kennedy as an example. He said (paraphrasing) "Do you think that the American people will be able to choose the kind of health coverage that has paid for all of Senator Kennedy's medical bills?" Hey, Eric, it's a no-brainer: OF COURSE NOT! Nobody was, nor is, proposing a Cadillac plan.

which skeletons are those? nothing came out during the last campaign that i recall, nothing came out when he ran for gov, and nothing came out when he ran against fat teddy for senate in '94. if there is anything, it seems awfully well hidden.

You have a serious comprehension problem, Del. I didn't say there were known scandals NOW. Read it again, would ya?

You have a serious comprehension problem, Del. I didn't say there were known scandals NOW. Read it again, would ya?

silly me. i should have known that by "seem to be emerging" you meant "i hope will emerge." my most sincere apologies, hack.
:lol:

Here is my top five:

5) Mike Huckabee

4) Bobby Jindal

3) Mitt Romney

2) Jan Brewer

1) Eric Cantor

A white male Southerner would be a bold move on the part of the GOP. Nothing like thinking outside the box.

:lol::lol:

Those idiots are never gonna get it

Here is my top five:

5) Mike Huckabee

4) Bobby Jindal

3) Mitt Romney

2) Jan Brewer

1) Eric Cantor

Cantor, throwback in the Tom Delay mold and the leader of the Representatives of NO!

That guy is an opportunist and absolutely useless. He's an embarrassment.

Charm? :lol: You must be joking..

Mitt Romney is your only hope. I even like him.

I agree about Cantor. For whatever reason, he's been thrust into the spotlight by the RNC as their undeclared spokesman. But if you actually LISTEN to much of the stuff that comes out of his mouth during interviews, you will note that he might as well be reading from a script. If he does go off-message, he tends to make outrageous statements. The latest was a couple of weeks ago discussing whatever health reform package was being introduced at the time, when he used Ted Kennedy as an example. He said (paraphrasing) "Do you think that the American people will be able to choose the kind of health coverage that has paid for all of Senator Kennedy's medical bills?" Hey, Eric, it's a no-brainer: OF COURSE NOT! Nobody was, nor is, proposing a Cadillac plan.

He reminds me so much of the character Steven Colbert is playing.

Here is my top five:

5) Mike Huckabee

4) Bobby Jindal

3) Mitt Romney

2) Jan Brewer

1) Eric Cantor

Bobby Gindal
Newt Gingrich
Mitt Romney
Or ME :D LOL :cuckoo:

ron_paul_500px.jpg

One can dream right?

He's (1) too old and (2) hasn't figured out how to speak in lay terms for the general public. If Ron Paul is grooming a successor, whoever that might be would stand a chance.

Old yes, though he's in good health at this point. That could change by 2012 of course. As for his speaking, it's gotten much better since his campagin til now.

ron_paul_500px.jpg

One can dream right?

Old yes, though he's in good health at this point. That could change by 2012 of course. As for his speaking, it's gotten much better since his campagin til now.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

silly me. i should have known that by "seem to be emerging" you meant "i hope will emerge." my most sincere apologies, hack.

If that's the way you read what I said, then I repeat you have a comprehension problem. From now on, I shall try to spell...everything...out...just for you. "...emerging among other potential Republican candidates..." Better?

Last edited:
ron_paul_500px.jpg

One can dream right?

I've always liked a lot of what Ron Paul has to say. If he did wind up with the nomination next round, one can only hope he picks a SOLID running mate, not a trophy meant to rev up only one segment of the infamous "base."

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

In order to win, he would need some Democrats on board. So maybe those already in his corner, like you, had best begin by not childishly calling liberals retarded.

If that's the way you read what I said, then I repeat you have a comprehension problem. From now on, I shall try to spell...everything...out...just for you. "...emerging among other potential Republican candidates..." Better?

i don't think i'm the one with the problem, honey, but thanks for trying.
:rofl:

Forum List

Back