My Pledge

What's funny is, Fusion doesn't realize Pilgrim paraphrased Glenn Beck in the last line of that message. For if he had realized it, Fusion would have rejected the sentiment outright! :rofl:

What's funny is, Fusion doesn't realize Pilgrim paraphrased Glenn Beck in the last line of that message. For if he had realized it, Fusion would have rejected the sentiment outright! :rofl:

Actually I LOVE the last line so I wouldn't care WHERE it came from. Are you sure it was a BECK creation or did he find it somewhere else?

Even a blind squirrel (Beck)sometimes finds a nut.

Last edited:
Well said, CF. I have to guard against temper outbursts myself, but its gotten better as I've gotten older. As for being goaded, I always remember that proverb that goes something like, "Don't argue with morons."

There are times when arguing with certain people I am reminded of a quote from George Bernard Shaw:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

I'm just glad... I'm so sweet and understanding to start off with.....:eusa_shifty:.. and besides, look at that avatar, so cute and cuddly.. just like me...:eusa_angel:

Do to a recent message from PLYMCO_PILGRIM I have decided to refrain from labeling people and using derogatory statements towards others. PLYM showed a level of TRUE CLASS that I have RARELY seen on ANY message board. Reading his visitor message to me I was embarressed by my behavior on this board and I will do my best to be a more reasoned less belligerent person. IT WILL BE TOUGH because I don't expect that others will change their behavior but I hope this call will be answered by at least SOME and the conduct as a whole on this board will improve.
PLEASE join me in this effort and do YOUR part to encourage GOOD FAITH debate of the ISSUES and avoid character attacks.

Thank you in advance for you good faith efforts,
Kevin

Good luck with that. A couple other people come to mind: Navy (of course) and the mod named Care.

Well said, CF. I have to guard against temper outbursts myself, but its gotten better as I've gotten older. As for being goaded, I always remember that proverb that goes something like, "Don't argue with morons."

There are times when arguing with certain people I am reminded of a quote from George Bernard Shaw:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
The pig likes it until it comes down to the nut cutting.

I hope more people will come here and pledge to at least TRY to be more civil. I know that is a LOT like the pot asking the kettle not to be black as I know I have been one of the most beligerant posters at times but I have made the pledge so I hope others will as well to make this a better board.

I hope more people will come here and pledge to at least TRY to be more civil. I know that is a LOT like the pot asking the kettle not to be black as I know I have been one of the most beligerant posters at times but I have made the pledge so I hope others will as well to make this a better board.
The difference is, when you're "beligerant" people just laugh at you and feel pity. Like they do with any other little ankle-biter, kickme mangy mongrel mutt.

If you bit anyone, they wouldn't know unless someone else told them.

It's going to be tough and I am SURE some of the people I most dislike will try to gode me into calling them names but I will not take the bait. I quit drinking cold turkey, I quit smoking cold turkey, and I am sure I can quit calling names cold turkey.
It won't be Me. If you want to keep it civil and discuss issues, I'm all in for that.

Do to a recent message from PLYMCO_PILGRIM I have decided to refrain from labeling people and using derogatory statements towards others. PLYM showed a level of TRUE CLASS that I have RARELY seen on ANY message board. Reading his visitor message to me I was embarressed by my behavior on this board and I will do my best to be a more reasoned less belligerent person. IT WILL BE TOUGH because I don't expect that others will change their behavior but I hope this call will be answered by at least SOME and the conduct as a whole on this board will improve.
PLEASE join me in this effort and do YOUR part to encourage GOOD FAITH debate of the ISSUES and avoid character attacks.

Kevin
Fuck off, loser.

LOL

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Kevin

When have you ever been rude? You seem a little high strung once in a while, but rude?

Immie

Forum List

Back