My Pits

$168725_189165911104729_879067_n.jpg

Dre is gone.(pronounced DRAY)

Just like that.

Lymphoma and Lukemea drained him of 30 of his 125 lbs in three weeks. Last evening he stood up and made it to the end of my bed and he collapsed and fell hard on the floor. He was dead before he hit the carpet.

The speed at which cancer can attack an otherwise strong and healthy animal such as Dre was stunning to say the least. I did everything I could medically to fight the cancer. It made no difference.

The only good news id that he really didn't suffer. The vet said he was aware of his cancer but I'm not sure she was correct. Dre wagged his tail and ate just as ferociously and attempted to play with Angel right up to the end.

I will miss my good friend.

Sean

Dre is the Red Nose Pit in these pics

21275-ca096ce0dfde6cac135cde731d5d832c.jpg

Huggy ...so sorry. Cancer is so awful for animals and humans.
He was a beautiful bad ass looking dog.
There are many really good owners and great pits out there.You not only gave him a good life but did all you could at the end...I know Dre knew that. =>
RIP Dre.

Just like that.

Lymphoma and Lukemea drained him of 30 of his 125 lbs in three weeks. Last evening he stood up and made it to the end of my bed and he collapsed and fell hard on the floor. He was dead before he hit the carpet.

The speed at which cancer can attack an otherwise strong and healthy animal such as Dre was stunning to say the least. I did everything I could medically to fight the cancer. It made no difference.

The only good news id that he really didn't suffer. The vet said he was aware of his cancer but I'm not sure she was correct. Dre wagged his tail and ate just as ferociously and attempted to play with Angel right up to the end.

Sean

Oh no, !! Sorry, how old was he?

Just like that.

Sean

Just short of 5. That Lymphoma is a vicious disease. From when I was certain something was wrong and took him to the vet for tests and when he died took less than 5 weeks.

If you have a large dog and the area just under the jaw bone even starts to get swollen and he/she starts to poop less solid excrement run do not walk to veterinary help. I wish I had moved on this thing earlier. He was eating and playing and showed no other signs that he was in distress early on. Then there was a dramatic loss of weight. When that started I took him in for a checkup and then he was gone soon after that. From the time the weight loss started til he died was about 4 weeks. We tried antidiurhetic and anti viral medicine at first after we waited a week for the lymph tests to come back. That took up two more valuable weeks then the oral Chemo. 12 hours into the oral Chemo Dre succumbed.

Just like that.

Sean

Just short of 5. That Lymphoma is a vicious disease. From when I was certain something was wrong and took him to the vet for tests and when he died took less than 5 weeks.

If you have a large dog and the area just under the jaw bone even starts to get swollen and he/she starts to poop less solid excrement run do not walk to veterinary help. I wish I had moved on this thing earlier. He was eating and playing and showed no other signs that he was in distress early on. Then there was a dramatic loss of weight. When that started I took him in for a checkup and then he was gone soon after that. From the time the weight loss started til he died was about 4 weeks. We tried antidiurhetic and anti viral medicine at first after we waited a week for the lymph tests to come back. That took up two more valuable weeks then the oral Chemo. 12 hours into the oral Chemo Dre succumbed.

That sucks....
I lost my buddy Mo (Cozmo) last year and I still miss him.
upload_2015-6-30_9-43-53.png

His sister Katy

Just like that.

Sean

Thanks, Ill keep a ey out for that with Atilla

Forum List

Back