My pick for SB Champion

...'aging and injury prone Rogers'.....

:lol:

OK... what the hell was with Aaron having to take the cart off the field then miraculously gets back out on the turf later in the game. And all that crying because a big oaf backs up and steps on his leg while he is on the ground. I saw nothing sinister about it. Why didn't Rodgers just get the fuck out of the way? Instead he slaps the guy on the butt and whines to the officials. What a fuckin baby!

The QB's are never on the field at the same time, teams are made up of more than QBs. Seattle as a whole is better than other teams, so when you evaluate Wilson, you have to look at what surrounds him, he is a good QB, would he thrive on team that is inferior to the one he plays on now? If you put Rogers on the Seahawks would the Seahawks win more games than with Wilson? :dunno: If you put Wilson on The Packers would the Packers win more games? :dunno:

To say that Wilson is superior to Rogers if they beat the Packers is pretty silly logic. There are more than just those two playing and when they are never on the field at the same time?

To some degree it depends on how a QB fits the scheme. For example I hear a lot of people argue that if Manning was on the Seahawks, the Seahawks would be much better. I completely disagree. I argue that if Manning was on the Seahawks that Seattle may not even make the playoffs. Seattle's o-line is so terrible at pass protection that they need a very mobile quarterback. Manning would get slaughtered behind that line and we all know what happens to Manning when you put a shoulder pad on him. Rodgers is mobile enough that he would probably be ok...Brady no chance. Just depends

The QB's are never on the field at the same time, teams are made up of more than QBs. Seattle as a whole is better than other teams, so when you evaluate Wilson, you have to look at what surrounds him, he is a good QB, would he thrive on team that is inferior to the one he plays on now? If you put Rogers on the Seahawks would the Seahawks win more games than with Wilson? :dunno: If you put Wilson on The Packers would the Packers win more games? :dunno:

To say that Wilson is superior to Rogers if they beat the Packers is pretty silly logic. There are more than just those two playing and when they are never on the field at the same time?

To some degree it depends on how a QB fits the scheme. For example I hear a lot of people argue that if Manning was on the Seahawks, the Seahawks would be much better. I completely disagree. I argue that if Manning was on the Seahawks that Seattle may not even make the playoffs. Seattle's o-line is so terrible at pass protection that they need a very mobile quarterback. Manning would get slaughtered behind that line and we all know what happens to Manning when you put a shoulder pad on him. Rodgers is mobile enough that he would probably be ok...Brady no chance. Just depends

The type of offense run or the quality/strengths of the O-line are of huge importance to how a given QB will perform. Wilson has a skill set that many other QBs cannot match when it comes to mobility and extending plays. Manning can run so much of an offense by himself he's the closest thing to having an offensive coordinator playing QB. They are extremely different players who thrive in different conditions.

Certainly you can compare any QBs, and it can be lots of fun, but there are so many factors involved it's impossible to find any sort of consensus.

The type of offense run or the quality/strengths of the O-line are of huge importance to how a given QB will perform. Wilson has a skill set that many other QBs cannot match when it comes to mobility and extending plays. Manning can run so much of an offense by himself he's the closest thing to having an offensive coordinator playing QB. They are extremely different players who thrive in different conditions.

Certainly you can compare any QBs, and it can be lots of fun, but there are so many factors involved it's impossible to find any sort of consensus.

Generally speaking I would agree but I would argue that Wilson could play in any system where non-mobile quarterbacks can't. So as a GM if you have a mobile quarterback you have a lot more freedom to build your system than if you had Manning or Brady, for example. If you have Manning you must invest big time in a quality offensive line where with Wilson you can get away with a line that's not quite as good. I agree completely that they are totally different types of quarterbacks and as such if one tries to make a comparison it has to be done on things where they share similar impact (effect on how you build your scheme, the degree of versatility they offer, etc)

I pick...

The envelope ....please.....

wait for it....

The Seattle Seahawks !!!!

Crowd goes wild....
I would have liked to see the Ravens play Seattle.

If this team were more like the first SB Ravens team, I'd agree with you. As it is, I can only hope that Indy can make it rather than the Pats.

Watching Luck last weekend ..he is the only QB left in the hunt that gives me the Willies.

That dude has an arm.

Hate the beard tho... hate it.

Forum List

Back