My personal little nightmare scenario is playing out in real time.

Desperately searching for a silver lining for Trump's win in November, I was hoping that the Democratic party's deep nationwide debacle would force it to look inward and realize that its cynical commitment to Identity Politics played a significant role in its demise. Maybe the party would realize that it could do just fine electorally by stopping its obsession on splitting us into little grievance groups as part of their decades-long "divide and conquer" approach.

In short, I was hoping that Trump's shocking win would lead to a Reformation of the Democratic Party.

But I knew - and said here many times - that there was one (1) thing that could stop that from happening, and that would be if Trump screwed up so quickly and so completely and so badly that the Democrats would not have to go through a Reformation, that the Regressives who control the party would be able to just jump right back in the saddle in 2018/2020 and continue on with their crusade.

Well, so far, my little nightmare scenario - Trump screwing up bigly in office and the Regressives licking their chops - is playing out just as I feared.

Maybe I'll take up gardening, huh?

:spinner:

the new face of the democrat party is NOT a WINNING ticket never will be

look at some of their "values"

Support Cop Killers

Support Anti Speech

Support Anti Legal assembly

Solidly reject any Pro-life candidate

Support Illegal immigration
Those are the qualities of the Regressives, the people running the party right now, yes.

Oh! Cop killers! The new Dem platform will surely have a statement in support of cop killing!

Weeeeeee!

im not the only one the sees it

their actions are louder then their words
for example

that loser tim kaine spouts off in defense the actions of antifa for example

you see it is shit heads like you that force people like me to NEVER vote for a Democrat

Please know this.

I joined the Democratic party in March of this year. I'm now working in a leadership role on a local level. We are not concerned with forcing anyone to vote for anyone.

As the father of a cop, I can assure you that cop killers are not supported by this party.

Have a great day.

is i said

the new face of the democrat party

is a losing ticket

pretty much scraping off the bottom of the barrel

if your in a "leadership" role

you are an example of why people are fleeing the party

if you son is a cop in are in the wrong party

Last edited:
the new face of the democrat party is NOT a WINNING ticket never will be

look at some of their "values"

Support Cop Killers

Support Anti Speech

Support Anti Legal assembly

Solidly reject any Pro-life candidate

Support Illegal immigration
Those are the qualities of the Regressives, the people running the party right now, yes.

Oh! Cop killers! The new Dem platform will surely have a statement in support of cop killing!

Weeeeeee!

for example

you see it is shit heads like you that force people like me to NEVER vote for a Democrat

Please know this.

I joined the Democratic party in March of this year. I'm now working in a leadership role on a local level. We are not concerned with forcing anyone to vote for anyone.

As the father of a cop, I can assure you that cop killers are not supported by this party.

Have a great day.
Yet you believe Trump supports Nazis and white supremacists.

Are you blind?

dude this guy says "he just joined the democrat party" --LOL

Are you blind?

Are you? We can honestly disagree over how well terms like 'support' or 'sympathize' apply to Trump's response. Maybe he's just playing politics. But there's no denying his words have been carefully framed to avoid alienating racists.

636232689767127363-EPA-USA-CAPITOL-PAINTING-CONTROVERSY-87750042.JPG

Controversial painting depicting cops as pigs is now subject of lawsuit

anyone who has a police officer as a son

and supports a party that sued to keep it hanging in their hall is simply nutz

Are you blind?

Are you? We can honestly disagree over how well terms like 'support' or 'sympathize' apply to Trump's response. Maybe he's just playing politics. But there's no denying his words have been carefully framed to avoid alienating racists.
I just wish you lefties applied the same standards to your Messiah.

He refused to call Islamic terror what it is. He regularly criticized cops and incited violence against cops with his support of BLM.

Are you blind?

He refused to call Islamic terror what it is. He regularly criticized cops and incited violence against cops with his support of BLM.
i think that's all most of us in the middle want. you shout out how shit must be - have the balls to live by it yourself.

Are you blind?

Swing and miss. Try again.

Desperately searching for a silver lining for Trump's win in November, I was hoping that the Democratic party's deep nationwide debacle would force it to look inward and realize that its cynical commitment to Identity Politics played a significant role in its demise. Maybe the party would realize that it could do just fine electorally by stopping its obsession on splitting us into little grievance groups as part of their decades-long "divide and conquer" approach.

In short, I was hoping that Trump's shocking win would lead to a Reformation of the Democratic Party.

But I knew - and said here many times - that there was one (1) thing that could stop that from happening, and that would be if Trump screwed up so quickly and so completely and so badly that the Democrats would not have to go through a Reformation, that the Regressives who control the party would be able to just jump right back in the saddle in 2018/2020 and continue on with their crusade.

Well, so far, my little nightmare scenario - Trump screwing up bigly in office and the Regressives licking their chops - is playing out just as I feared.

Where exactly did he "screw up so quickly"?

The Left was calling for his assassination and impeachment on the night he was elected.

Great point TC. Totally agree. The democratic party is a sick joke. As bad as Trump is, in a way I'm happy that he won, just to get people to wonder if all the identity politics, salesmanship of social grievances is really worth it.

But the democrats aren't going to go moderate if they don't have to, because, sadly, NY an CA control that party.

Pretty stupid blaming the incompetence of the left on Trump. Now the leaders are talking about how white people need to shut up... They should start acting like adults.

Are you blind?

By saying that he denounces them, over and over again?

There is no denying that you aren't that smart.

Second, instead of simply being the party in opposition, the Dimocrats have acted no better than the alt-left with their "resist, resist, resist" campaign.
It was the only card they could play.

The most important polls right now are the internals run by GOP congresspeople facing tough races in 2018 and maybe 2020. If they look bad, those folks are gonna keep their backs turned on Trump.
A great many of those republicans up for re-election, have their necks on the chopping block, precisely for not backing our duely elected president. Time will tell I suppose.
They should jump on the "trump is right, some of those were very good people" bandwagon.

What has Trump screwed up on so badly other than not being PC?

You do realize he has never been PC and was one of the reasons he was elected.

As I've told other Trump supporters, there is nothing that I can list that you would feel is wrong, so it's a waste of time.

If I'm wrong about him, then the GOP will do fine in 2018 and 2020. We'll see.

As I've told other Trump supporters, there is nothing that I can list that you would feel is wrong, so it's a waste of time.

If I'm wrong about him, then the GOP will do fine in 2018 and 2020. We'll see.

Waste of time? I would like to know. Why is it a waste of time?

Your thread is about the Trump nightmare but you don't want to talk about the nightmare? Sounds more like trolling than anything.

He is not screwing up. It is the Deep State that are screwing up his plans. Pres. Trump had shaken up their plans. And so, now they are trying their best to get rid of him. But it is not working. He is shaking up everything.

giphy.webp

raw
giphy.webp

Are you blind?

i think that's all most of us in the middle want. you shout out how shit must be - have the balls to live by it yourself.
The hypocrisy of the Left is truly amazing to watch.

They ignore Obama's many faults, yet the blow up out of proportion Trump's.

I really can't

Are you blind?

Your post merely proves you are a dupe for the DNC media.

Weeeeeee!

for example

Please know this.

Have a great day.

Are you blind?

I believe he accepts their support.
Which proves you are a fool.

You know what strikes me about you? You are a reasonable right leaning guy. You have a fine tuned sense of fairness and you rarely succumb to hyperbole. You are simply a regular guy who harbors no ill will towards anyone and you simply wishbtonengage in mature conversation.

Your thread is about the Trump nightmare but you don't want to talk about the nightmare? Sounds more like trolling than anything.
Nope. Here's how the conversation will go:

You: What has Trump screwed up on so badly other than not being PC?

Me: He and his behavior have been an abject national embarrassment since Day One, he has alienated everyone from foreign leaders to his own party.

You: You're wrong. No he hasn't. Give me examples.

Me: Okay: (Example), (Example), (Example), (Example), (Example), (Example), (Example), (Example), (Example).

You: Those aren't good examples. That's fake news. You're just duped by the media.

Me: Oy. Okay, never mind.

You: See? I TOLD you that you were just trolling!

Sound about right?

Last edited:
Oh calm down.

You guys are incredibly sensitive about him.
oh shut up.

you guys are incredibly blind about him...

how well did that work for you?

and it has nothing to do with trump but the mindset of "wah, gimme what i want wah" that continues to go around. the beating he's taking right now because he said RIGHTFULLY SO both sides need to calm the fuck down is so illustrative of our world today.

we can hate and you can't. neener neener.

and that shit is done. this series of events is going to catapult people over the edge cause YOUR SIDE can't even admit your hate is just as bad as theirs.
You wanted a bull in the china shop, you didn't care about his behavior, you didn't care about his temperament or his qualifications, you wanted things turned upside down, you got it.

You don't have to go drama queen if someone criticizes him. You should have seen it coming.
What has Trump turned upside down?

You speak in riddles...be specific.
Decorum, dignity, professionalism.

Isn't this what you guys wanted?

I don't know why we're still doing this. You're not going to agree with anything I say.
Okay. That is specific. Thank you.

Now...anyone who has paid attention to Trump, knows he regularly lacks decorum, dignity and professionalism. Did you miss it when in the first debate, he shit on Fat Rosie?

I never expected those qualities in Trump, because he clearly has proven he lacks them, at times.

Would you rather have the criminal Cankles in office?
YES.

Forum List

Back