My personal little nightmare scenario is playing out in real time.

Of course both can be true, but ideologues have very binary thought processes. It's one of the symptoms of the affliction.

Gotta keep it simple, something that fits on a bumper sticker.

:rolleyes-41:
Your op is that of an ideologue.

Despite knowing the truth about your party you found a way to pin it on Trump.
What does one have to do with the other?

Trump is responsible for his behavior, the Democrats for theirs.
Yet you mixed the two to suit your asinine op.
In your mind only.

Two different things.
But I knew - and said here many times - that there was one (1) thing that could stop that from happening, and that would be if Trump screwed up so quickly and so completely and so badly that the Democrats would not have to go through a Reformation, that the Regressives who control the party would be able to just jump right back in the saddle in 2018/2020 and continue on with their crusade.

Yeah, in my mind only.....
So you don't see a separation there?

Wow.

Okay.

Second, instead of simply being the party in opposition, the Dimocrats have acted no better than the alt-left with their "resist, resist, resist" campaign.
It was the only card they could play.

The most important polls right now are the internals run by GOP congresspeople facing tough races in 2018 and maybe 2020. If they look bad, those folks are gonna keep their backs turned on Trump.

Would it be a nightmare for Trump lost in 2018?

I believe no and believe Trump would get more from Pelosi and Schummer because I still believe he is a Democrat playing the part of a Republican...
Interesting thought. He's damn near on an island right now, and it wouldn't be a shock to see him reach out.

The question would be whether they reached back.

Schumer and Pelosi would...

A great many of those republicans up for re-election, have their necks on the chopping block, precisely for not backing our duely elected president. Time will tell I suppose.
Well, the problem for the GOP is if those guys get primaried by Trump supporters, the Trump supporters win, and Trump's numbers stay low - that's all a recipe for Democratic wins.
Then I guess, for a change... The Dems and I, are hoping for the same outcome...
Funny how politics works!

:laugh:
Indeed. The right is suffering the same dilemma as the left when it comes to party leadership. The people are fighting to take back control of their party's. Rather than being able to Lord over their constituents like to royal houses over their serfs; the people are fighting back, and telling the party's which direction to move.
Yeah, the career politicians can't be liking this very much. And of course, social media is a massive driving force behind it all.

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but maybe this could accelerate the creation of another major party or two.

IMHO, the only way we're going to hoist ourselves up from the sewer that is our current 2-party system.

Well, the problem for the GOP is if those guys get primaried by Trump supporters, the Trump supporters win, and Trump's numbers stay low - that's all a recipe for Democratic wins.
Then I guess, for a change... The Dems and I, are hoping for the same outcome...
Funny how politics works!

:laugh:
Indeed. The right is suffering the same dilemma as the left when it comes to party leadership. The people are fighting to take back control of their party's. Rather than being able to Lord over their constituents like to royal houses over their serfs; the people are fighting back, and telling the party's which direction to move.
Yeah, the career politicians can't be liking this very much. And of course, social media is a massive driving force behind it all.

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but maybe this could accelerate the creation of another major party or two.

IMHO, the only way we're going to hoist ourselves up from the sewer that is our current 2-party system.
Yeah, this is just getting worse by the day. Another viable option could moderate things somewhat.

Desperately searching for a silver lining for Trump's win in November, I was hoping that the Democratic party's deep nationwide debacle would force it to look inward and realize that its cynical commitment to Identity Politics played a significant role in its demise. Maybe the party would realize that it could do just fine electorally by stopping its obsession on splitting us into little grievance groups as part of their decades-long "divide and conquer" approach.

In short, I was hoping that Trump's shocking win would lead to a Reformation of the Democratic Party.

But I knew - and said here many times - that there was one (1) thing that could stop that from happening, and that would be if Trump screwed up so quickly and so completely and so badly that the Democrats would not have to go through a Reformation, that the Regressives who control the party would be able to just jump right back in the saddle in 2018/2020 and continue on with their crusade.

Well, so far, my little nightmare scenario - Trump screwing up bigly in office and the Regressives licking their chops - is playing out just as I feared.

Maybe I'll take up gardening, huh?

:spinner:
You sure you voted for Hillary?

Desperately searching for a silver lining for Trump's win in November, I was hoping that the Democratic party's deep nationwide debacle would force it to look inward and realize that its cynical commitment to Identity Politics played a significant role in its demise. Maybe the party would realize that it could do just fine electorally by stopping its obsession on splitting us into little grievance groups as part of their decades-long "divide and conquer" approach.

In short, I was hoping that Trump's shocking win would lead to a Reformation of the Democratic Party.

Well, so far, my little nightmare scenario - Trump screwing up bigly in office and the Regressives licking their chops - is playing out just as I feared.

You sure you voted for Hillary?
Yes.

As I just pointed out in another thread to you, you're invited to click the link in the second line of my sig for my specific stands on the issues.

The Republican party is the reason. The machine wins....

What I really would like to know..... why did Trump sign the bill? The military excuse is just pure BS.

-Geaux

People vote negatively, and as such it doesn't matter how good your party is, it only matters how bad the other party is. And both parties are poor.

What I really would like to know..... why did Trump sign the bill? The military excuse is just pure BS.

-Geaux
Yeah, that "national security" thing was a little insulting.

He doesn't know what he's doing and he's not listening to anyone.

-Geaux

I disagree. The problem is that HE IS listening to others.... like Ryan and he other sell-outs.

-Geaux

-Geaux

I disagree. The problem is that HE IS listening to others.... like Ryan and he other sell-outs.

-Geaux
He should know by now that he is surrounded by criminals, who want him gone.

-Geaux

-Geaux
He should know by now that he is surrounded by criminals, who want him gone.

Agree. And he may have just caved.

-Geaux

-Geaux

-Geaux
Well either way, my scenario is playing out.

-Geaux

He shouldn't have signed it. He was not put in power to increase the military budget, which most of his supporters already found too high. It was supposed to be America first.

Now he is just catering to the republican and democrat establishment at the expense of the country. This all being said, it's only 6 month bill, but he better have the plan for the wall or we will have a communist by 2020. The flood gates will be opened and once great country will be gone.

in an effort to save his re-election bid, Trump does the very thing that will pink-slip his orange ass.

And the dog-shit GOP establishment did everything possible to make it happen.

NEVER VOTE FOR THE EITHER OF THESE PARTIES! They will fuck us in the ass until shit spews from our gorping toothless mouths.

Forum List

Back