My Pep Talk For Lefties and Lurkers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheStripey1, Sep 19, 2007.

1. TheStripey1

TheStripey1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I wrote this back in October of '05... IMO it is just as viable today as it was then.

It has become my focus over the past few months, as it is painfully obvious to me that no matter what happens, no matter what is revealed, no matter what is said, no matter how much evidence is presented, the right wingers I and we continually engage in in our "discussions" here (insert board name... any board name) and on the myriad of other forums we post at, they just aren't going to change.

I was a card carrying methane breathing republican that supported bush in his war on Afghanistan and the capture of that snake Osama Been Forgotten... but...

Thanks to my pals, and especially to Doc Billy... I had an anal-cranial extraction procedure and once I was again breathing fresh air, I became angier and angrier and became the forum warrior you all know today. So yes... it is possible for those that are currently living with their heads up their asses to come back into reality, provided, they have an ear to hear and an eye to see, and a brain capable of connecting the dots.

But, I don't really care if the right wingers don't hear what I say, or read with comprehension that which I write as it is NOT them that I am talking to anyway!

I write for the guests... the lurkers... those that don't participate in our discussions. Those that just read what we post without commenting, those that sit on the fence, those that didn't vote last time but will next, I write to inform THEM.

waves to the lurkers...

Think about it, my friends. It frees you from the attachment of trying to educate that right winger that you just want to reach into the screen and slap upside his or her head to knock some reason into them.

so look past them, as they're not listening anyway.

Talk to the lurker, and say so while you're doing it, because my friends, that infuriates our opposition.

heh heh heh heh heh...

addendum '07: Always take your weekends off. Spend that time with your friends and family, because you can never know when they might be taken from you or you from them.

And besides, the right wingers will still be there on Monday.

2. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    God...shut up.

3. doniston

doniston Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Why should God shut up.? :rolleyes: you don't have to pay attention to what he says :rofl:

4. whatsyurprob

whatsyurprob BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's going to be a pleasure doing business with ya, Stripey1. These Noe Conservative Clowns are even funnier in their way of thinking than even I thought.

Funny how anyone could say, "Yeah, I agree, but". . .

Guess what bung-holes? U don't agree. Your stance is nothing but topical which makes your depth improbable.

Think about it, Lames.

5. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    You're replying to a thread over a year old. :thup:

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Good advise.

I have no idea how many people read this site who never participate, of course.

The last board I was on I am informed, the number of lurkers outnumbered the players by about ten to one.

How people can read these boards without participating is beyond me.

Can there really be that many Homeland Security folks assigned to reading these boards?

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Maybe the lurkers don't want to engage in some of the immature antics that some posters like to call "debate". Maybe the lurkers don't like the hypocrisy or arrogance displayed by many of the more prolific posters. Maybe they don't bother posting because what they had to say has already been said (and then stretched and twisted into some incomprehensible, unrecognizable mess). Maybe the lurkers feel it isn't worth engaing in conversation with the obviously less intelligent posters.

Maybe the US gummint has a bunch of agents monitoring this board and they are so busy tracking down poster's names and adresses they dont have time to post.

8. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I don't understand how a republican can become an antirepublican. How does this work? Specifics?

9. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Just ask CA. She went from an Independent to a registered Republican voting for Obama this season. Find the logic in that one.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,152

I still don't think most Americans realize what Bush/The GOP/Tom Delay did to this country over the last 8 years. More the first 6 years. 00-06.

Even a lot of the people that voted for Bush but this time voted for Obama.

Some of them voted for Obama, because it was time for change, but they don't really realize just how rotten the GOP was to the constitution, to middle class wages, our standing in the world, our national security, the debt, inflation, the housing market.

They don't realize it was GOP decisions and policies that got us in this mess.

So they think that this recession is not the GOP's fault, but maybe they didn't handle it that great so they voted in Obama.

That's why it was so important that people realize McCain is Bush. And the GOP created this mess. In fact, just last year the GOP was saying the economy was great. McCain said so in October. Romney said it in January.

So I don't think people understand that the rich did very well under Bush. I know I sure didn't.

Anyways, it was very surprising to see young people get it. All those new voters get it. And the GOP tried to say they were dumb kids who didn't have the experience to be making an educated decision.

And that's what they told us about Obama. Obama is too new, so lets go with the same people who've been making mistake after mistake for the past 8 years. Eventually they got to get it right, right?

What is also nice to see with these new voters is that they are clearly not brianwashed by their parents, like a lot of Republicans are today. Old people voted for McCain. Young people didn't listen to their parents and went with the younger and clearly the more intelligent candidate.