My Pep Talk For Lefties and Lurkers

TheStripey1

Apr 4, 2007
Left Coast
I wrote this back in October of '05... IMO it is just as viable today as it was then.

It has become my focus over the past few months, as it is painfully obvious to me that no matter what happens, no matter what is revealed, no matter what is said, no matter how much evidence is presented, the right wingers I and we continually engage in in our "discussions" here (insert board name... any board name) and on the myriad of other forums we post at, they just aren't going to change.

I was a card carrying methane breathing republican that supported bush in his war on Afghanistan and the capture of that snake Osama Been Forgotten... but...

Thanks to my pals, and especially to Doc Billy... I had an anal-cranial extraction procedure and once I was again breathing fresh air, I became angier and angrier and became the forum warrior you all know today. So yes... it is possible for those that are currently living with their heads up their asses to come back into reality, provided, they have an ear to hear and an eye to see, and a brain capable of connecting the dots.

But, I don't really care if the right wingers don't hear what I say, or read with comprehension that which I write as it is NOT them that I am talking to anyway!

I write for the guests... the lurkers... those that don't participate in our discussions. Those that just read what we post without commenting, those that sit on the fence, those that didn't vote last time but will next, I write to inform THEM.

waves to the lurkers...

Think about it, my friends. It frees you from the attachment of trying to educate that right winger that you just want to reach into the screen and slap upside his or her head to knock some reason into them.

so look past them, as they're not listening anyway.

Talk to the lurker, and say so while you're doing it, because my friends, that infuriates our opposition.

heh heh heh heh heh...

addendum '07: Always take your weekends off. Spend that time with your friends and family, because you can never know when they might be taken from you or you from them.

And besides, the right wingers will still be there on Monday.

I wrote this back in October of '05... IMO it is just as viable today as it was then.

It has become my focus over the past few months, as it is painfully obvious to me that no matter what happens, no matter what is revealed, no matter what is said, no matter how much evidence is presented, the right wingers I and we continually engage in in our "discussions" here (insert board name... any board name) and on the myriad of other forums we post at, they just aren't going to change.

I was a card carrying methane breathing republican that supported bush in his war on Afghanistan and the capture of that snake Osama Been Forgotten... but...

Thanks to my pals, and especially to Doc Billy... I had an anal-cranial extraction procedure and once I was again breathing fresh air, I became angier and angrier and became the forum warrior you all know today. So yes... it is possible for those that are currently living with their heads up their asses to come back into reality, provided, they have an ear to hear and an eye to see, and a brain capable of connecting the dots.

But, I don't really care if the right wingers don't hear what I say, or read with comprehension that which I write as it is NOT them that I am talking to anyway!

I write for the guests... the lurkers... those that don't participate in our discussions. Those that just read what we post without commenting, those that sit on the fence, those that didn't vote last time but will next, I write to inform THEM.

waves to the lurkers...

Think about it, my friends. It frees you from the attachment of trying to educate that right winger that you just want to reach into the screen and slap upside his or her head to knock some reason into them.

Talk to the lurker, and say so while you're doing it, because my friends, that infuriates our opposition.

heh heh heh heh heh...

addendum '07: Always take your weekends off. Spend that time with your friends and family, because you can never know when they might be taken from you or you from them.

It's going to be a pleasure doing business with ya, Stripey1. These Noe Conservative Clowns are even funnier in their way of thinking than even I thought.

Funny how anyone could say, "Yeah, I agree, but". . .

Guess what bung-holes? U don't agree. Your stance is nothing but topical which makes your depth improbable.

Think about it, Lames.

Good advise.

I have no idea how many people read this site who never participate, of course.

The last board I was on I am informed, the number of lurkers outnumbered the players by about ten to one.

How people can read these boards without participating is beyond me.

Can there really be that many Homeland Security folks assigned to reading these boards?

Maybe the lurkers don't want to engage in some of the immature antics that some posters like to call "debate". Maybe the lurkers don't like the hypocrisy or arrogance displayed by many of the more prolific posters. Maybe they don't bother posting because what they had to say has already been said (and then stretched and twisted into some incomprehensible, unrecognizable mess). Maybe the lurkers feel it isn't worth engaing in conversation with the obviously less intelligent posters.

Maybe the US gummint has a bunch of agents monitoring this board and they are so busy tracking down poster's names and adresses they dont have time to post.

waves to the lurkers...

heh heh heh heh heh...

I don't understand how a republican can become an antirepublican. How does this work? Specifics?

waves to the lurkers...

heh heh heh heh heh...

I still don't think most Americans realize what Bush/The GOP/Tom Delay did to this country over the last 8 years. More the first 6 years. 00-06.

Even a lot of the people that voted for Bush but this time voted for Obama.

Some of them voted for Obama, because it was time for change, but they don't really realize just how rotten the GOP was to the constitution, to middle class wages, our standing in the world, our national security, the debt, inflation, the housing market.

They don't realize it was GOP decisions and policies that got us in this mess.

So they think that this recession is not the GOP's fault, but maybe they didn't handle it that great so they voted in Obama.

That's why it was so important that people realize McCain is Bush. And the GOP created this mess. In fact, just last year the GOP was saying the economy was great. McCain said so in October. Romney said it in January.

So I don't think people understand that the rich did very well under Bush. I know I sure didn't.

Anyways, it was very surprising to see young people get it. All those new voters get it. And the GOP tried to say they were dumb kids who didn't have the experience to be making an educated decision.

And that's what they told us about Obama. Obama is too new, so lets go with the same people who've been making mistake after mistake for the past 8 years. Eventually they got to get it right, right?

What is also nice to see with these new voters is that they are clearly not brianwashed by their parents, like a lot of Republicans are today. Old people voted for McCain. Young people didn't listen to their parents and went with the younger and clearly the more intelligent candidate.

I don't understand how a republican can become an antirepublican. How does this work? Specifics?

I think they realize that the GOP isn't fiscally responsible.

They realize that it doesn't make sense to cut taxes and double the debt.

They realize if Bush let his oil buddies gouge us for 8 years, then that sort of takes away any tax breaks. not to mention inflation.

Or they don't like that he lied us into Iraq.

Or they get mad when they find out Denny Hastert was covering up the fact that Foley was a pedophile and Craig was gay.

Or they realize the GOP is only for the stinking rich. If you are making $260k a year, you are probably better off voting Democratic. After all, that's a lot of money. The GOP would probably eventually like to send your job to China where they can get someone to do the work for half.

Last edited:
What is also nice to see with these new voters is that they are clearly not brianwashed by their parents, like a lot of Republicans are today.

No, worse, they're brainwashed by what they see/hear on TV. I know so many people 18-21 that have no fucking clue about politics, but they voted because all their friends thought Obama was "cool."

They don't realize it was GOP decisions and policies that got us in this mess.

Your blind partisanship is disgusting. If you think the GOP is solely responsible for every problem we're facing, you're retarded.

That's why it was so important that people realize McCain is Bush.

Wrong, SO wrong. Besides, if it were right, then your boy Obama is taking a dangerous road by begging to work with McCain. But that's only a pipedream. Obama only listen to what the left has to say. It will be like having you as a President. Everything Democratic = okay, everything Republican = bad. He will push his agenda down the throats of the unwilling, and guess what, they won't take kindly to it.

No, worse, they're brainwashed by what they see/hear on TV. I know so many people 18-21 that have no fucking clue about politics, but they voted because all their friends thought Obama was "cool."
Your blind partisanship is disgusting. If you think the GOP is solely responsible for every problem we're facing, you're retarded.

Wrong, SO wrong. Besides, if it were right, then your boy Obama is taking a dangerous road by begging to work with McCain. But that's only a pipedream. Obama only listen to what the left has to say. It will be like having you as a President. Everything Democratic = okay, everything Republican = bad. He will push his agenda down the throats of the unwilling, and guess what, they won't take kindly to it.

What they are hearing on tv is true. Can you tell me what lies they are hearing on TV?

And you voted for Bush over Gore because you could drink a beer with the guy. You are the dumby, not the younger kids. :lol:

The partisan games are over j. No more will our leader deny global warming because he wants to protect the corporations that pollute.

No more will he discriminate against gays because he's trying to appeal to his ignorant religious base.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Oh, this mess is all the GOP's fault. You guys tried to say it was the liberals fault, but when that wouldn't fly, you are sticking with the "everyone shares the blame" bullshit J, and that's just silly. The Liberals were powerless and shut out of the process for 6 solid years.

And I might be inclined to believe you, if it weren't for the fact that for 8 fucking years I told you this shit was going to happen J. And I showed you what the GOP did to create this mess. Deregulations, tax breaks to the rich, out of control spending, destabalizing the rest of the world.

J, no more will we listen to people like you when you tell the rest of the world to fuck off. If Germany, France and Canada all say we are wrong, we must be wrong. Doesn't mean I don't love my country. But what we do realize now is that you love your party too much. Just like Germans followed Hitler over a cliff, you came close to doing the same with GW.

So your blind partisan shit makes me want to vomit J. Do you not understand that? We are now laughing at stupid assholes like you. YOu were wrong. About everything. And it wasn't even close.

McCain was a good man/candidate in 2000. I would not vote for his dumb ass ever, but he was the best of the bunch. Let me give you an example. You guys wanted to run Romney because he was a CEO. Little do you realize that CEO's are ruining this country. Not trial lawyers and certainly not liberals. It's corporate CEO's that are ruining America along with Republicans.

And you voted for Bush over Gore because you could drink a beer with the guy. You are the dumby, not the younger kids. :lol:

I supported Gore (I was 17 during this election), and voted for Kerry. That pretty much makes the rest of your post pointless. Try again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back