My parents think Chicago thugs go to Indiana

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
My parents believe the big lie that Chicago thugs actually drive to Indiana and purchase guns legally at stores lol

Last I checked you have to pass a criminal background and waiting period and I assume you cannot qualify if your a member of a street gang

Chicago has banned gun stores, so many Chicagoans go to Gary to buy guns. And if they are ineligible because they cannot pass a background check, they just have someone make a straw purchase for them.

Last edited:
They steal guns from law abiding citizens. Maybe some of the guns that Obama and the ATF shipped to Mexican drug cartels are on Chicago streets.

My parents believe the big lie that Chicago thugs actually drive to Indiana and purchase guns legally at stores lol

Last I checked you have to pass a criminal background and waiting period and I assume you cannot qualify if your a member of a street gang

That is true. They are not buying the guns themeselves..they use family members, primarily baby mommas, mothers, grandmothers and sisters to buy the guns for them......they either do so willingly or under threat of violence.....

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Wisconsin isn’t alone in its nonchalance. California normally treats straw purchases as misdemeanors or minor infractions. Even as the people of Baltimore suffer horrific levels of violence, Maryland classifies the crime as a misdemeanor, too. Straw buying is a felony in progressive Connecticut, albeit one in the second-least-serious order of felonies. It is classified as a serious crime in Illinois (Class 2 felony), but police rarely (meaning “almost never”) go after the nephews and girlfriends with clean records who provide Chicago’s diverse and sundry gangsters with their weapons. In Delaware, it’s a Class F felony, like forging a check. In Oregon, it’s a misdemeanor.

--------

I visited Chicago a few years back to write about the city’s gang-driven murder problem, and a retired police official told me that the nature of the people making straw purchases — young relatives, girlfriends who may or may not have been facing the threat of physical violence, grandmothers, etc. — made prosecuting those cases unattractive.

In most of those cases, the authorities emphatically should put the straw purchasers in prison for as long as possible. Throw a few gangsters’ grandmothers behind bars for 20 years and see if that gets anybody’s attention. In the case of the young women suborned into breaking the law, that should be just another charge to put on the main offender.

Read more at: America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com

The obvious question would then be......if the problem is guns from Indiana...why doesn't Indiana...where apparently the gun originate....have a higher gun murder rate than Chicago? You know, since the criminals apparently don't have to use google maps if they already live in Indiana...

They can never answer that question.

The obvious question would then be......if the problem is guns from Indiana...why doesn't Indiana...where apparently the gun originate....have a higher gun murder rate than Chicago? You know, since the criminals apparently don't have to use google maps if they already live in Indiana...

They can never answer that question.
Until recently, Gary had a higher murder rate than Chicago. And nobody from Chicago needs Google maps to find Gary. The cities border each other.

Gary is like an extension of the south side of Chicago.

Last edited:
"Weapons Man goes into great detail to explain the logic behind the calculation and after reviewing his work (particularly the numbers from the FFL on NICS checks), I’m convinced we own upwards of 600 million guns in America – which is more than double than what is being reported by the media."

They don't need to go to Indiana.

Forum List

Back