My parents are scared

congrats. you're helping to slaughter more babies. Obama will put people in there that allow babies to suffocate after they survive an abortion. or at very least promote partial birth abortion. you get pissed when people talk about the obama-ayers connection, and now you're comparing Sarah Palin to Ahmadinijad. hippocrite.

People in poverty have abortion at four times the rate of people not in poverty. That is according to the guttmacher institute, you can google it.

The quickest way to reduce abortion is to introduce jobs, and help get people, especially young girls, out of poverty.

Period.

This is what clinches my vote for Obama.

People in poverty have abortion at four times the rate of people not in poverty. That is according to the guttmacher institute, you can google it.

The quickest way to reduce abortion is to introduce jobs, and help get people, especially young girls, out of poverty.

Period.

Obama's policies will reduce jobs. The more you increase taxes and redistribute wealth the less jobs are created. Who is it you think creates jobs? Well, it's not the government. What the government can do is have economic policies that create an environment for people to start businesses. Bush reduced taxes and government revenues went up 20%. Why? More jobs were created by small businesses.

Please take a look at any Electoral Map. I look at cnn.com and rasmussen.com. It is over for McCain. He was once a maverick, as advertised, but reduced himself to a Booooosh lapdog in order to gain the GOP nomination. That is the end of the line for him.

Sadly, Boooosh and his run away adminstration are about to inflict on the Grande Old Party a kiss of death. It will take generations for the GOP to regain prominence depending on how much the Democrats screw up when they gain total power.

The addage still applied with the Demos: "Total Power Corrupts Totally."

Period.

But he's expanding it.

Again, if it cannot survive outside the womb, it is your right to do whatever you wish to do to it.

So a baby who needs to be in an incubator; it can't survive outside the womb. I guess we'll kill that one, too.

Obama's policies will reduce jobs. The more you increase taxes and redistribute wealth the less jobs are created. Who is it you think creates jobs?

Small business owners. How many small business owners generate more than $250,000 a year in NET revenue? There are approximately 25.8 million businesses in the United States and over 99 percent of all employers are small businesses, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration. According to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, "several hundred thousand small business owners, at most, would have incomes high enough to be affected by the higher rates on income, capital gains and dividends that Obama proposes." Under Obama's plan, small businesses get more tax credits and their capital gains taxes are ELIMINATED. This would encourage more investors in small business.

Well, it's not the government. What the government can do is have economic policies that create an environment for people to start businesses. Bush reduced taxes and government revenues went up 20%. Why? More jobs were created by small businesses.

Again, I will continue my refrain. 3 million jobs were created under Bush's. Over 20 million jobs were created under Clinton.

Clinton's tax brackets: 39%.
Bush's tax brackets: 36%

Do you REALLY think a 3% tax hike coupled with many small business credits, being able to write off 50% of healthcare expenses as tax credits is going to hurt businesses that make over $250,000 a year in net revenue?

Small business owners. How many small business owners generate more than $250,000 a year in NET revenue? There are approximately 25.8 million businesses in the United States and over 99 percent of all employers are small businesses, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration. According to the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, "several hundred thousand small business owners, at most, would have incomes high enough to be affected by the higher rates on income, capital gains and dividends that Obama proposes." Under Obama's plan, small businesses get more tax credits and their capital gains taxes are ELIMINATED. This would encourage more investors in small business.

Again, I will continue my refrain. 3 million jobs were created under Bush's. Over 20 million jobs were created under Clinton.

Clinton's tax brackets: 39%.
Bush's tax brackets: 36%

Do you REALLY think a 3% tax hike coupled with many small business credits, being able to write off 50% of healthcare expenses as tax credits is going to hurt businesses that make over $250,000 a year in net revenue?

I don't believe that that is Obama's tax plan. I know that's what he says it is. But I don't believe it.

Obama's policies will reduce jobs. The more you increase taxes and redistribute wealth the less jobs are created. Who is it you think creates jobs? Well, it's not the government. What the government can do is have economic policies that create an environment for people to start businesses. Bush reduced taxes and government revenues went up 20%. Why? More jobs were created by small businesses.

Here's a graph of job losses from 1984 to ~2003.

Both Bushes have done a horrific job. Clinton did well.

job_loss.gif

Here's another view comparing Clinton and Bush directly.

It's your choice.

krugman.JPG

Last edited:
I don't believe that that is Obama's tax plan. I know that's what he says it is. But I don't believe it.

Well, I can't believe John McCain. The guy has switched positions on taxes so often, I've lost count. Obama's been consistent with his message about taxes.

Well, I can't believe John McCain. The guy has switched positions on taxes so often, I've lost count. Obama's been consistent with his message about taxes.

That is correct. He has been consistently telling the same lie.

The reform debate is strictly about politics and not serious economics. Both sides use demagoguery but don’t propose truly significant tax reductions. Both sides use the outrageous expression “cost to government” when talking about the impact of tax legislation on revenues. This implies that government owns everything, and that any tax rate less than 100% costs government some of its rightful bounty.

Government spending is the problem! When the federal government takes $2.5 trillion dollars out of the legitimate private economy in a single year, whether through taxes or borrowing, spending clearly is out of control. Deficit spending creates a de facto tax hike, because deficits can be repaid only by future tax increases. By this measure Congress and the president have raised taxes dramatically over the past few years, despite the tax-cutting rhetoric. The real issue is total spending by government, not tax reform.

Who wants a 40% flat tax? Who wants a national sales tax if it adds 35% to the retail price of everything we buy? In other words, why change the tax structure if spending stays the same? Once we accept that Congress needs $2.5 trillion from us – and more each year – the only question left is from whom it will be collected. Until the federal government is held to its proper constitutionally limited functions, tax reform will remain a mirage.

The most important promise a president makes is his promise to obey the Constitution. In realizing this, we know that the Constitution was written in order to restrain the federal government, but was meant to retain the rights and privileges & obligations to the states and to the people. Today, we have drifted a long way from that, and now we have jurisdictional fights over what we ought to do.

When political oppression is accompanied by serious economic problems, the people will frequently, after years of suffering, overthrow the tyrants. But a wealthy nation, grown soft on the prosperity produced by a previously free generation, tends to vote for that individual who promises the biggest piece of the pie to his constituents. Ironically the prosperity that comes from a free society is the fuel that feeds the fire which brings on the demise of that society. Materially we are much better off today than people were in 1776, but our philosophy of freedom is in much worse shape.

Ron Paul

Period.

Huh? Obama isn't going to get people out of poverty. He's going to lower the quality of life for everyone until at least 2010.

Period.

The quickest way tto reduce abortion is to stop having unprotected sex if you can't afford to have children!

Huh? Obama isn't going to get people out of poverty. He's going to lower the quality of life for everyone until at least 2010.

Hmmm, you ought to tell him that because that isn't anything like what his platform promises.

Jobs baby, jobs.

The quickest way tto reduce abortion is to stop having unprotected sex if you can't afford to have children!

Hear hear!

Where do you stand on abstinence only education?

Yet another reason to vote democrat this time around! :)

No, you are wrong xsited! When Obama is President everything wrong in the world will be right! Get with the program

Hear hear!

Where do you stand on abstinence only education?

Yet another reason to vote democrat this time around! :)

Oh yeah, cuz voting Democrat is going to make people smarten up. Pul-eeze.

Forum List

Back