My parents are scared

They live in Florida and are both fed up with the negative attack ads from both sides. There's a lot of mis-information being spread around and they're nervous on who to vote for.

Virtually on every issue, including the economy, they weren't sure who to vote for.

In the end, the ages of the Supreme Court justices is what, I think convinced them to vote for Obama.

I asked them, "Let's say our next President has to appoint two new justices to the Supreme Court. How can you get an idea of what justices they will appoint? Well, look at who he chose to be his running mate." They hate Sarah Palin. They're socially moderate and believe in gay marriage and abortion rights for first term mothers. While McCain said he will have no litmis test, we can get an idea of who he'll appoint to the Supreme Court via Sarah Palin. She doesn't believe in science, she hunts wolves from helicopters and she wants to turn this country into a Christian version of Iran.

I turned my parents, who've voted for Reagan, Bush HW, Clinton, Gore and Bush W into voters for Obama.

What's concerning is the amount of mis-information going around. Something should really be done to curb the bias in the media... both left and right.

Yeah great. I don't know how old your parents are, but most older people aren't this "torn" at all since they are far more likely to have a very good grasp on their own political principles as they get older -not a weaker grasp. Are they a couple of old people voting to inflict the next generation with a system of government THEY never had to suffer under before they kick the bucket as THEIR last legacy or what? I would guess that neither served during WWll did they? Ask me how I could tell.

They live in Florida and are both fed up with the negative attack ads from both sides. There's a lot of mis-information being spread around and they're nervous on who to vote for.

I asked them, "Let's say our next President has to appoint two new justices to the Supreme Court. How can you get an idea of what justices they will appoint? Well, look at who he chose to be his running mate." They hate Sarah Palin. They're socially moderate and believe in gay marriage and abortion rights for first term mothers. While McCain said he will have no litmis test, we can get an idea of who he'll appoint to the Supreme Court via Sarah Palin. She doesn't believe in science, she hunts wolves from helicopters and she wants to turn this country into a Christian version of Iran.

I turned my parents, who've voted for Reagan, Bush HW, Clinton, Gore and Bush W into voters for Obama.

What's concerning is the amount of mis-information going around. Something should really be done to curb the bias in the media... both left and right.

ROFLMAO! Wow -I hardly know where to start with this misinformation in THIS post!

1. Your definition of "socially moderate" is loopy. Since the OVERWHELMING vast majority in this country oppose gay marriage, that leaves your parents OUT of the definition of "socially moderate". Right off the bat.

2. Of course they HATE Palin -that is a liberal thing. I wonder if they can verbalize EXACTLY why they HATE her so much though. If you disagree with someone's political positions, that means you should personally HATE that person, right? Can't possibly admire the fact this woman actually has some pretty impressive accomplishments to her name while also disagreeing with her political positions, right? It is something that requires personal hatred if a liberal. I suggest that says your parents, with their HATRED of Palin and support of an issue that the vast majority of Americans oppose -means they are LIBERALS. So where are they "torn" here I wonder? LOL

3. Sorry, but unless you think Obama will only make Supreme Court nominations that Biden personally approves -it doesn't make much sense to pretend that Palin will be the guiding influence of those under a McCain administration. Oh sure, he chose Palin for her opinion about who to appoint as a Justice? ROFLMAO! Of all possible Republicans who could be running -THIS guy is by far and away more likely to appoint someone the left approves of over any other. What a stretch you have to go to criticize McCain on this one bozo. And hate to disappoint you but Palin isn't anywhere near as conservative as you liberals pretend she is anyway. Please don't tell me you are falling for your own side's bullshit propaganda. Or do you want to admit that you just can't get over the fact she refused to kill her kid once she found out he had Down's syndrome and want to pretend that must mean she is a whacko extremist? Even though that would require you to explain how it is possible for a whacko extremist from either side to garner an 80% approval rating as governor from ANY state in this country? ROFL

4. And talk about MISINFORMATION on the wolves and helicopters thing. You had to have chosen to be misinformed on this one. It has NOTHING to do with HUNTING whatsoever. It has to do with predator control and is not carried out as a civilian hunting opportunity AT ALL! Alaska wildlife can only support so many predators per square mile -just as my own state can support only so many deer per year. You want to see wolves wipe out Alaskan wildlife and then starve during the winter or what? Of course it would give you another reason to bash her, wouldn't it -after all, she had been warned the state had too many predators per square mile and if she didn't act, then it would be her fault if wolves overran their prey population and then died of starvation during the winter, right?

My OWN state has DEER population control because we inevitably have too many deer going into winter which would mean they STARVE to death. After hunting season, if enough have not been killed -a specific number are killed by government shooters from -GASP -helicopter. And when they have to do that -it isn't considered to be "hunting". Alaskan government control of their predator population had nothing to do with "hunting" either.

ROFLMAO! Wow -I hardly know where to start with this misinformation in THIS post!

1. Your definition of "socially moderate" is loopy. Since the OVERWHELMING vast majority in this country oppose gay marriage, that leaves your parents OUT of the definition of "socially moderate". Right off the bat.

2. Of course they HATE Palin -that is a liberal thing. I wonder if they can verbalize EXACTLY why they HATE her so much though. If you disagree with someone's political positions, that means you should personally HATE that person, right? Can't possibly admire the fact this woman actually has some pretty impressive accomplishments to her name while also disagreeing with her political positions, right? It is something that requires personal hatred if a liberal. I suggest that says your parents, with their HATRED of Palin and support of an issue that the vast majority of Americans oppose -means they are LIBERALS. So where are they "torn" here I wonder? LOL

3. Sorry, but unless you think Obama will only make Supreme Court nominations that Biden personally approves -it doesn't make much sense to pretend that Palin will be the guiding influence of those under a McCain administration. Oh sure, he chose Palin for her opinion about who to appoint as a Justice? ROFLMAO! Of all possible Republicans who could be running -THIS guy is by far and away more likely to appoint someone the left approves of over any other. What a stretch you have to go to criticize McCain on this one bozo. And hate to disappoint you but Palin isn't anywhere near as conservative as you liberals pretend she is anyway. Please don't tell me you are falling for your own side's bullshit propaganda. Or do you want to admit that you just can't get over the fact she refused to kill her kid once she found out he had Down's syndrome and want to pretend that must mean she is a whacko extremist? Even though that would require you to explain how it is possible for a whacko extremist from either side to garner an 80% approval rating as governor from ANY state in this country? ROFL

4. And talk about MISINFORMATION on the wolves and helicopters thing. You had to have chosen to be misinformed on this one. It has NOTHING to do with HUNTING whatsoever. It has to do with predator control and is not carried out as a civilian hunting opportunity AT ALL! Alaska wildlife can only support so many predators per square mile -just as my own state can support only so many deer per year. You want to see wolves wipe out Alaskan wildlife and then starve during the winter or what? Of course it would give you another reason to bash her, wouldn't it -after all, she had been warned the state had too many predators per square mile and if she didn't act, then it would be her fault if wolves overran their prey population and then died of starvation during the winter, right?

My OWN state has DEER population control because we inevitably have too many deer going into winter which would mean they STARVE to death. After hunting season, if enough have not been killed -a specific number are killed by government shooters from -GASP -helicopter. And when they have to do that -it isn't considered to be "hunting". Alaskan government control of their predator population had nothing to do with "hunting" either.

yeah, he spreads it, and then complains about others doing it

Very good post! :clap2:

Where will they put their money?

We are thinking it is a good time to buy. Warren Buffet is saying the same.

The stock market is also due to myriad problems, not Obama talking about his economic plan.

I am happy to agree to disagree.

Well, I'm certainly no expert but from what I'm hearing from the talking heads economic guys now's the time to buy only if you can afford to lose. Warren Buffet can, can you?

Some stocks are pretty low, like a few bucks each, but we don't really know enough about investing. I guess it just seems to me that for all the dives the market is taking, there's got to be an opportunity if you know how to work with it.

It might be interesting to buy a few cheap stocks for the kids, though, as a sort of 'hey kids watch your money grow' sort of thing.

Virtually on every issue, including the economy, they weren't sure who to vote for.

In the end, the ages of the Supreme Court justices is what, I think convinced them to vote for Obama.

Good job, David.

Sarah Silverman will be proud of you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgHHX9R4Qtk[/ame]

Last edited:
Here you go:

Contract with America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This explains the bills that did and did not pass. Pay particular attention to the bills pertaining to tax relief and fiscal responsibility. Non-defense government spending DECREASED during this period by about 0.7%.

Oh, yes, the Republican Contract with America, with its proposed "balanced budget amendment." I remember that.

We haven't heard much about it in the past eight years, have we?

And, we certainly haven't heard about any balanced budgets.

Is it possible to sue a political party for breach of contract?

Forum List

Back