My Paintings

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
$apple.JPG

$roatan.jpg
Love that picture, pbel. It reminds me of a cruise we once took around the Caribbean especially near Roatan Island which is north of Honduras.

The sea color is fabulous. :)

:thup:

Only for you: A painting I did of Roatan beach with a shot from my cruise ship. Enjoy

View attachment 21981
Love that picture, pbel. It reminds me of a cruise we once took around the Caribbean especially near Roatan Island which is north of Honduras.

Only for you: A painting I did of Roatan beach with a shot from my cruise ship. Enjoy
It's beautiful, pbel. Thanks. Up in the hill part of Roatan there is a bird sanctuary that specializes in tropical birds, and in particular the scarlet macaw. They had 9 or ten of them in cages larger than a 2-car garage. They were so beautiful I thought I was going to faint on the spot. Apparently a lady from the states moved there whose interest was their care and preservation as a specie. She had huge success in such a small space. She had other birds, too, but I just couldn't take my eyes off the scarlet macaws. Any time you had a little extra red paint hanging around that needed to be used up... <silly hint> ... I'd love to see your rendition.

View attachment 21981

Thank you...........
Pbel's water treatments are something, don't you think, Connery? Water is hard for a lot of artists. Pbel makes it looks easy.

Nice. I used to paint those things that were "Paint by number". They always looked awful. Compared to me, you are Picasso.

Pbel, today I researched and found some birds of Latin America and developed a new thread "Ornithology in Latin America" in the new section on Latin America. There are presently a dozen or more pictures of Scarlet Macaws and a few other pretty Latin American birds. I know when I've done a wallhanging of the Resplendent Quetzal 4 or 5 years ago, it was handy to go online and find pictures of them anytime people went trekking south of the border into Guatemala, Coast Rica, etc. I think an ornithological trip to that part of the world would be pretty much fun, but I haven't updated my passport in a few years, so that would take 6 months. I'm thinking one of these days, I would love to tackle the making of an appliqued macaw, but right now I'm fully engaged in making 100 quilts by Dec. 31 and I'm only on quilt #88 or 89 (lost count). lol

The reason I added so many pictures of the Scarlet Macaw was so that if you decided to paint one, you would know the exact coloration of their species, although you might want to load in "Scarlet Macaw" into your own search engine and print them out. I didn't hardly scratch the surface on looking at the hundreds of photographs there were online in Bing! Sometimes you load a different search engine and come up with a whole lot more. If you sell your work, you will have no problem getting good money for bird portrayals. Ornithologists are well-studied and dedicated people, and nothing is prettier to them (including me) than one of these lovely creatures that literally take my breath away.

Last edited:
That's beautiful, pbel. Seems there is a round barn at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont. Well, it's been a few years since going on a leafpeeper tour of New England. There are so many museums, but that one seemed to cover all the folk art of Americana with dozens of buildings and thousands of exhibits.

New Topics

Forum List

Back