My paintings

Well this is my latest painting, but its not finished, and the photo is out of focus. But I just wanted to see if I could post it.View attachment 231844

Of course an unfinished work looks just that....unfinished.

I have no doubt it will be beautiful when it's complete.

If it looked as bad in real life as it does in the photo I would not bother to finish it, but its better than it appears above. The center subject of the figure rising up is completely out of focus in the photo.

I have faith in you and your talent to make it a masterpiece...…...you'll do fine

After seeing the photo I spent the day in bed, because I paint with my emotions and have ups and downs. But after thinking about it I think I can redeem the painting. Firstly I am going to paint out the light rays coming down from the sun and cover them with black. Then when the black is dry I will paint the light rays in again. That should tidy them up. Then I have the problem of painting the face. The whole picture leads you to look at the face and at the moment it is nothing. I have held back on it because it is so small, only about an inch tall, that painting eyes and a mouth will be difficult. But if it fails I will just keep going over it till I get it right.

I have come this far with it, so I might as well finish it, even if it is crap. At least I have started painting again, and my next picture might be better.

DSCN0002 (2).JPG

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head. Then did some more work on my painting and took another photo. This time its in focus. But its still not finished. I just wanted to see if I could improve on my last terrible photo.

Dear Moderators, if you should happen to read this I was wondering if you could delete post 96 from this thread.
I posted a terrible photo of my painting and the thread would be better off without this large file.
I was not used to using my digital camera, and forgot to reduce the size of the file before posting it. So its just wasting space.
Thanks.

I finished the painting above that I was working on and coloured in the aura, with the result that it looks like crap. I remember now why I gave up painting. I knew I was just not good enough. But I am not giving up again yet, and am attempting to start another picture.

I had hardly touched a brush for years , apart from the failed sunflower picture, and I have learned a lot from doing the above picture. Like how to paint light rays, and how to do glazing. So it was not a total waste of time and materials.

I am spending money on materials and buying canvas on stretcher frames at £30 a time. So its getting expensive to waste a canvas painting trash. I used to paint on hardboard but the art world do not take such paintings seriously, so I am going to use canvas from now on. I am probably wasting my time, but I live in hope my next painting will be better.

Forum List

Back