My own racism

John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.

Are you here to stir the water............LOL

That depends, have the waters made you feel any more whole now that they've been stirred up?

And which side of the aisle is that?

Hold on, before that, you were saying some good stuff about a nasty white racist. You don't hear much coming from that direction on this forum. I was hoping to hear more about what you thought of white racists. Let me have it. It'll be a break of fresh air around here.
So you are wanting all the white posters to call you out for being a racist! How interesting.

John54, stop being a fucking racist!

I hope that helps you out.
Thanks, though I wish it were that easy. It feels so much better to pretend I don't have any racism in me, but the more I look, reflect, the more I notice is there. I see it for what it is in the moment, and then it's almost like I make myself forget about it the next moment. Crazy, right? Any advice?

“It seems to me like most people on this forum are white and racist…”

To you, perhaps – but in fact not.

The fact is that those who are racist on this forum are white and conservative.

Not all conservatives on this forum are racists, of course – but those who are racists are on the right.

It seems to me like most people on this forum are white and racist, with the exception of a few black folks who we’re fortunate enough to have here interrupting what would otherwise be a happy circle jerk. Many of you, I’ve noticed, erupt with anger and often racial vulgarities at the very mention of white people being racists. Others refrain from using racial slurs but nevertheless deny that they have any racism in them. And who am I to say you’re racist? I imagine it must be sickening to some of you to see a white guy like myself trying to drag you all into his “white guilt” and make you “feel bad for being white.”

So I’ll refrain from making any judgments about you lot and whatever racism you may or may not have and instead talk about myself and my own, undeniable, ugly, racism. We seldom really know what’s going on in each other’s minds, and what each other’s lives have really been like, so I’d like to offer some full disclosure to those for whom it may be of benefit. I doubt I’ll be making any friends by posting this and as the following may be hurtful to some to hear, I would like to apologize in advance. I have no excuse, and am ashamed that racism has been a part of who I am.

In dialogue about racism, we whites often fail to mention actual examples of how we engage in it and are a part of it, so here are mine:

Walking by a group of black people on the street - sometimes my body goes stiff, as if I might have to fight. Sometimes I try not to look at them, or glance their way cautiously. I remember a time in rural Japan when a woman looked at me with total terror in her eyes for no reason other than that I wasn’t Japanese. I remember how it felt like she’d punched me and how it ruined my entire day. I wonder how many dozens, hundreds(?) of times I’ve ever looked at a black person that way and screwed up their day. Or if they were already so used to it it just enforced their justified view that all white people are racists.

Wanting to prove how not racist I am - I brought up racial issues with a black man I was doing business with the other day. He didn't bring it up, I did, and even when it seemed like he would really rather not discuss it I kept talking about it mindlessly just because it was interesting to me.

When I see a black person often the first thing I think is "how can I show this person I'm not racist, or not as racist as most white people?"

When I'm around black people, at least half that time is spent thinking about the fact that they're black.

I often expect some kind of validation, recognition from black people that they think I'm a good person. As if it's their job to tell me that.

When I was in preschool, I regularly called a black classmate of mine racial slurs. I thought it was funny. She cried and I kept doing it. Eventually her parents got involved and had it out with my parents. Her family sent me a book showing people of all colors holding hands and getting along.

I continued making occasional racial slurs against Asians and Native Americans in elementary school. I was a mean, racist kid.

My school, my area of town, the families my parents knew were all predominantly white. I had no friends who were black and knew no one who was black.

I remember my first week of middle school, I was paired up in class with a hispanic kid. I quickly went to my white teacher and said, "Pair me with some one else. We're not like them." She refused, and the kid looked at me confused and said he didn't understand what was wrong.

Watching movies on racism, like Blackkklansman recently, I had to stop myself from laughing during numerous scenes that were patently racist. Some part of me wanted to laugh at black people being denigrated.

I think stuff and have even said racist things about Asians without thinking about it. Generalizations about different countries, scornful remarks about their cultures.

In general, I have thoughts - when I meet black people, when I see them on TV; before I even hear what they have to say I have thoughts like, "He looks full of himself." "He's too defensive. Race is probably always on his mind." "She doesn't look intelligent." "Why do they talk like that?" "This movie's just trying to make black people seem smarter than they are." It's ugly. It's bigoted. But it's on my mind. Even as I kick myself for it, some part of me won't condemn the racism in it.

So where am I going with this confession? I'm saying I'm a racist and I don't want to be. I'm saying, this is some really ugly, vile shit. I'm saying, how would I like to find out that some one was thinking these things about me? I'm saying I'm probably not going to make any friends by posting this, but if any white person here has any of the same racism in them, I hope you confront it. For your own sake, because I've heard a lot of you say some really racist crap that, yeah, I've thought of before, but every time you say it outloud you enforce it and you lose a little bit more of your humanity that you're going to have to try to get back some day if you genuinely want to be a good person.

What a steaming pile of sanctimonious virtue signaling humble-brag excrement.

Last edited:
John 5:4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.

That depends, have the waters made you feel any more whole now that they've been stirred up?

Hold on, before that, you were saying some good stuff about a nasty white racist. You don't hear much coming from that direction on this forum. I was hoping to hear more about what you thought of white racists. Let me have it. It'll be a break of fresh air around here.
So you are wanting all the white posters to call you out for being a racist! How interesting.

Thanks, though I wish it were that easy. It feels so much better to pretend I don't have any racism in me, but the more I look, reflect, the more I notice is there. I see it for what it is in the moment, and then it's almost like I make myself forget about it the next moment. Crazy, right? Any advice?

If your own perceived racism bothers you that much, then see a counselor. You are unlikely to get any help from USMB.

If your own perceived racism bothers you that much, then see a counselor. You are unlikely to get any help from USMB.

Perceived? You called me a racist yourself, and I appreciate you sticking your neck out like that - most on this forum wouldn't dare stray from the "all black people are racists" rhetoric but it seemed like you had to say something and you said it. I respect that. If anything would send me to the counselor it would be being told I have no racism in me when I most clearly do, so you did a social service on top of everything. A nod to you.

So let me have it then. What do you think of white racists?

Last edited:
...In talking about how institutionalized racism pervades our society I do think it's good to find the link between why police are more volatile around black people, why racist legislators are voted in,
There are many individuals here who insist that institutional racism no longer exists in the United States simply because it has been outlawed. They either are unable to grasp the concept or are feigning ignorance of the fact that we can only legislate an individual's actions not their hearts and minds, meaning we cannot control what they do, only enforce the prescribed punishments for acts which violate the laws prohibiting discrimination.

Perceived? You called me one yourself, and I appreciate you sticking your neck out like that - most on this forum wouldn't dare stray from the "all black people are racists" rhetoric but it seemed like you had to say something and you said it. I respect that. If anything would send me to the counselor it would be being told I have no racism in me when I most clearly do, so you did a social service on top of everything. A nod to you.

So let me have it then. What do you think of white racists?
I don't believe all black people are racists no more than I believe that all white people are racists. I don't know if you are a Racist, nor do I care. I was poking fun at you because you sounded like the typical White guilt apologist.

It seems to me like most people on this forum are white and racist, with the exception of a few black folks who we’re fortunate enough to have here interrupting what would otherwise be a happy circle jerk. Many of you, I’ve noticed, erupt with anger and often racial vulgarities at the very mention of white people being racists. Others refrain from using racial slurs but nevertheless deny that they have any racism in them. And who am I to say you’re racist? I imagine it must be sickening to some of you to see a white guy like myself trying to drag you all into his “white guilt” and make you “feel bad for being white.”

So I’ll refrain from making any judgments about you lot and whatever racism you may or may not have and instead talk about myself and my own, undeniable, ugly, racism. We seldom really know what’s going on in each other’s minds, and what each other’s lives have really been like, so I’d like to offer some full disclosure to those for whom it may be of benefit. I doubt I’ll be making any friends by posting this and as the following may be hurtful to some to hear, I would like to apologize in advance. I have no excuse, and am ashamed that racism has been a part of who I am.

In dialogue about racism, we whites often fail to mention actual examples of how we engage in it and are a part of it, so here are mine:

Walking by a group of black people on the street - sometimes my body goes stiff, as if I might have to fight. Sometimes I try not to look at them, or glance their way cautiously. I remember a time in rural Japan when a woman looked at me with total terror in her eyes for no reason other than that I wasn’t Japanese. I remember how it felt like she’d punched me and how it ruined my entire day. I wonder how many dozens, hundreds(?) of times I’ve ever looked at a black person that way and screwed up their day. Or if they were already so used to it it just enforced their justified view that all white people are racists.

Wanting to prove how not racist I am - I brought up racial issues with a black man I was doing business with the other day. He didn't bring it up, I did, and even when it seemed like he would really rather not discuss it I kept talking about it mindlessly just because it was interesting to me.

When I see a black person often the first thing I think is "how can I show this person I'm not racist, or not as racist as most white people?"

When I'm around black people, at least half that time is spent thinking about the fact that they're black.

I often expect some kind of validation, recognition from black people that they think I'm a good person. As if it's their job to tell me that.

When I was in preschool, I regularly called a black classmate of mine racial slurs. I thought it was funny. She cried and I kept doing it. Eventually her parents got involved and had it out with my parents. Her family sent me a book showing people of all colors holding hands and getting along.

I continued making occasional racial slurs against Asians and Native Americans in elementary school. I was a mean, racist kid.

My school, my area of town, the families my parents knew were all predominantly white. I had no friends who were black and knew no one who was black.

I remember my first week of middle school, I was paired up in class with a hispanic kid. I quickly went to my white teacher and said, "Pair me with some one else. We're not like them." She refused, and the kid looked at me confused and said he didn't understand what was wrong.

Watching movies on racism, like Blackkklansman recently, I had to stop myself from laughing during numerous scenes that were patently racist. Some part of me wanted to laugh at black people being denigrated.

I think stuff and have even said racist things about Asians without thinking about it. Generalizations about different countries, scornful remarks about their cultures.

In general, I have thoughts - when I meet black people, when I see them on TV; before I even hear what they have to say I have thoughts like, "He looks full of himself." "He's too defensive. Race is probably always on his mind." "She doesn't look intelligent." "Why do they talk like that?" "This movie's just trying to make black people seem smarter than they are." It's ugly. It's bigoted. But it's on my mind. Even as I kick myself for it, some part of me won't condemn the racism in it.

So where am I going with this confession? I'm saying I'm a racist and I don't want to be. I'm saying, this is some really ugly, vile shit. I'm saying, how would I like to find out that some one was thinking these things about me? I'm saying I'm probably not going to make any friends by posting this, but if any white person here has any of the same racism in them, I hope you confront it. For your own sake, because I've heard a lot of you say some really racist crap that, yeah, I've thought of before, but every time you say it outloud you enforce it and you lose a little bit more of your humanity that you're going to have to try to get back some day if you genuinely want to be a good person.

It must be really hard for you white guys. I can’t begin to imagine......

How Can I Cure My White Guilt?

I dont understand this one... does it make you racist? or inconsiderate? i dont see how being curious about a subject makes you racist, but you might be inconsiderate if you keep talking over someone mindlessly

Indeed. I also question the motives and sincerity of someone who joined the board two weeks ago and then makes a major pronouncement that most of us white people here are racists.

Fortunately, we have the lovely ignore feature.

Walking by a group of black people on the street - sometimes my body goes stiff, as if I might have to fight.

You do realize, a lot of black people feel the same way? and Ive felt that way approaching a group at night in the city when I couldn't tell their race at all because it was too dark and they were to far away, but based on body language and the time of evening... I decided to at least be aware of my environment. Thats called survival, not racism no matter what somebodys race is.
I was helping this old woman clean some crap out of her garage because another friend asked me too as a favor. This is in Richmond California by a park, not to far from the triangle. She referred to the black youth who hung out in the park and rode around nearby on their bikes as "lizard people" why because they sold drugs all day long across from her house ... and I suppose maybe she thought they were cold or something... I didnt really go into it. Well, she was an old African American lady who used to be a school teacher. You telling me she was racist too? well, no of course not, shes not white. But had she been white , then YES she would be a racist. I think this might be how this logic works. Just toss personal experience and the need for self preservation right out the window.

You mention MOST people here are white racists... i supposed based on what you read. I think most of what goes on here on USMB is that there has been so much back and forth on race that people are just saying shit to get a rise out of somebody or because perhaps they get frustrated, sort of like that guy who charged windmills with a Lance... its way to difficult to say who is racist here to be honest. But if If i was to guess, black , white and others Id say it was no more than 30%

I remember a time in rural Japan when a woman looked at me with total terror in her eyes for no reason other than that I wasn’t Japanese

You know, there's a chance it was something else. I'm not sure how you read peoples minds and intentions so well. perhaps there was a snake behind you? maybe she had a bad case of stomach gas, or you had a really bad tie on. But if you've really looked at that many black people with terror in your eyes.... i think you have a serious problem. I dont know why you think this is something shared by most of us.

Indeed. I also question the motives and sincerity of someone who joined the board two weeks ago and then makes a major pronouncement that most of us white people here are racists.

Being a liberal in a conservative forum, it seems I've caused some unfortunate miscommunication here. In my liberal, cuck/sock-minded realms we refer to that feature as the "safe space" feature. I can see I've hurt your feelings with my insensitive remarks about racism and that you need a safe zone to recuperate. I apologize for not first learning about your sensitivities.

Being a liberal in a conservative forum, it seems I've caused some unfortunate miscommunication here. In my liberal, cuck/sock-minded realms we refer to that feature as the "safe space" feature. I can see I've hurt your feelings with my insensitive remarks about racism and that you need a safe zone to recuperate. I apologize for not first learning about your sensitivities.
Sock

I remember a time in rural Japan when a woman looked at me with total terror in her eyes for no reason other than that I wasn’t Japanese

You know, there's a chance it was something else. I'm not sure how you read peoples minds and intentions so well. perhaps there was a snake behind you? maybe she had a bad case of stomach gas, or you had a really bad tie on. But if you've really looked at that many black people with terror in your eyes.... i think you have a serious problem. I dont know why you think this is something shared by most of us.

Well she rapidly ran away from me and asked another employee to take over for her while staring at me with eyes as wide as saucers and looked terrified. Given that I'd only told her what I wanted for breakfast, my guess was that she was nervous around a white person to begin with as this area of Japan had virtually no non-Japanese, and that I may have not known some custom. Similar stuff happened a few times. Point is, I don't know if I ever looked at a black person that way, but I've felt irrationally uncomfortable on occasion and how do I know what my face conveys in those situations? It felt abnormally bad to feel like I'd terrified someone and as it never happened to me outside of Japan, I figured it amounted to something racial/cultural.

Well she rapidly ran away from me and asked another employee to take over for her while staring at me with eyes as wide as saucers and looked terrified. Given that I'd only told her what I wanted for breakfast, my guess was that she was nervous around a white person to begin with as this area of Japan had virtually no non-Japanese, and that I may have not known some custom. Similar stuff happened a few times. Point is, I don't know if I ever looked at a black person that way, but I've felt irrationally uncomfortable on occasion and how do I know what my face conveys in those situations? It felt abnormally bad to feel like I'd terrified someone and as it never happened to me outside of Japan, I figured it amounted to something racial/cultural.

It's probably likely she had heard stories about white people, who knows what she was told. That really bothered you? Actually, I could see how that kind of a reaction would be reasonable in some cases. Did you not grow up around black people at all? were you isolated or something?
Just because you feel uncomfortable doesnt make you racist. At the core of a human being we are all animals even though we are advanced, feelings and instincts are natural, its what you do with them that counts.
I wouldnt worry about it. I seriously doubt you are racist. racists dont care, and thats the difference.

I think despite what people say on USMB on a daily basis, most of us here care about humanity. They just get frustrated with being pigeon holed for political purposes, and every person has their pride despite what race they are. Your naturally going to see reactions. Sometimes mean, sometimes humorous, sometimes misunderstood.

It's probably likely she had heard stories about white people, who knows what she was told. That really bothered you? Actually, I could see how that kind of a reaction would be reasonable in some cases. Did you not grow up around black people at all? were you isolated or something?
Just because you feel uncomfortable doesnt make you racist. At the core of a human being we are all animals even though we are advanced, feelings and instincts are natural, its what you do with them that counts.
I wouldnt worry about it. I seriously doubt you are racist. racists dont care, and thats the difference.

I think despite what people say on USMB on a daily basis, most of us here care about humanity. They just get frustrated with being pigeon holed for political purposes, and every person has their pride despite what race they are. Your naturally going to see reactions. Sometimes mean, sometimes humorous, sometimes misunderstood.

You don't think racism may be done out of fear? I don't blame that woman for being afraid of someone of a different race, but if a white waitress in a whitestock North Dakota town ran away in fear from a black guy who just asked for his breakfast I do think that's one expression of racism. If you're drawing the line at what ideas about his race is she labeling him with and if it's just ignorance or naivete and an 'animal response' to that naivete, well what is racism but ignorance? The difference between Japan and here is there's a history and propagation of it here.

Last edited:
#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

You don't think racism may be done out of fear? I don't blame that [Japanese waitress] woman for being afraid of someone of a different race, but if a white waitress in a whitestock North Dakota town ran away in fear from a black guy who just asked for his breakfast I do think that's one expression of racism.

John54, unlike the Japanese waitress you write about, perhaps the white waitress serving a whitestock North Dakota town has been CONDITIONED to being fearful of brown or black complected fellow humans?

John54, I am curious to learn if YOU, as well as our peaceful, reasonably responsible, well adjusted, caring American or foreign born neighbors, believe President Barack "My Brother's Keeper" and Mrs. Michelle "GIRL POWER" Obama were acting in the best interests of, or promoting a positive HEALTHY image of our black or American friends, neighbors, co-workers or family relatives of African descent...

...when they CHOSE to invite to their children's and Nation's home, more than a dozen apparent or admitted emotionally ill 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims and American urban story-TRUTH-tellers composing, as well as promoting American music art portraying black or African American citizens, in particular teen boys and adult men...

...as depressed, angry, frustrated, violent, female hating, sometimes suic!dal, homic!dal thinking teen and adult citizens (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) largely lacking compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful, as well as less fortunate neighbors?

obama_carter_mack_millis_02.jpg

Nasir 'Nas' bin Olu Dara Jones.jpg

kendrick-lamar-po-po-captioned-01.jpg
kendrick-lamar-po-po-captioned-02.jpg

racism drug_peddlers dr nadine butke harris.jpg

pro black HATE.jpg

Please view my signature for more information about Black American HATERS.

Peace.

Forum List

Back