my OTHER babies

Wow! beautiful tank. How do you keep it so clear? Ours would be clear for a while but then would cloud...no matter what we tried. Seemed my husband (at the time) was always cleaning that thing. Of course, right after we bought our 55 gal, we ended up with ick and the treatment turned the tank seams blue. :p:

Nice fish Lil... That is a job in itself to keep up with but very enjoyable I am sure ! :)

African Cichlids it looks like!!! I know a lot about freshwater tanks ,if you have any questions,just hollar. I have been working with fish and animals for about ten years now. Are they all getting along well/ They can be mean little suckers!!! Your tank is beautiful too!!

African Cichlids it looks like!!! I know a lot about freshwater tanks ,if you have any questions,just hollar. I have been working with fish and animals for about ten years now. Are they all getting along well/ They can be mean little suckers!!! Your tank is beautiful too!!

Yep.. thats what they are. Lake Malawi to be exact. (Two from Lake Vic tho). I bought them from Aquabid. I've only lost one so far.. and that was about two days after I got him so he probably came sick.

They sure can be mean little suckers. I didnt do enough research on the specific species of Cichlids prior to buying them. The guy in the top fish is a male auratus (sp).. and the two yellow ones at the top of the second pic are the females. The male is horrible with every fish in that tank.. he may just end up on my barbeque. They (auratus) as a species (I am now learning) are just mean in general.

Now I sit staring at my tank watching him chase and bully all the other fish and think of mean ways I can torture him. :D I have two Cyno Afro White Tops taht are just beautiful and if he hurts either one of those, its a boiling pot of water for him. :cof:

New Topics

Forum List

Back