My order has shipped. lol

After placing an order to be shipped to my work address, this is the email I got when it shipped.....

Tycho,

We tore open a new box of surgical gloves—put them on one finger at a time—then put on an extra pair for good measure. From there we gathered and embraced your order (an order we nurtured, cared for, and put through college). We couldn't decide whether to dress it in silk or velvet, so we met in the middle and ultimately chose cardboard.

Our 5-man starting lineup & our 4-time Sixth Man of the Year hired Flavor Flav of Public Enemy fame and over-sized clock lore to freeze time while we reviewed your order. Garrett didn't do much, but he remembered to slap a cool sticker on your package. Painstakingly personal. The 6 of us then timed our 40-yard dashes on the way to the conference room to discuss how painfully perfect your order was. Finally, finally, finally, a flawless arrangement of products—and it couldn't be sent to a better person. We took a vote (because ************ is a democracy) and the results were unanimous. Yeah, we get a lot of orders, but your order takes the blue ribbon. 'Grats, we threw a grand party, got the Cake Boss himself to send over a custom cake, & set off a few Roman candles in your honor.

When Barry, our close personal friend at USPS, arrived in his freedom-colored chariot, he was taken aback at the raw display of beauty that was your order. Unfortunately, we ate all the cake (Capital-S-Sorry, we skipped lunch and poured all of our hunger into your specific order). Finally, we all lifted your package as one & gave it a proper sendoff. As Barry met the horizon, a single...rolling...tear trickled down Garrett's flushed cheek.

Your order has now shipped.

Garrett is the guy I dealt with while placing the order

Wtf?? Looks like these people have a good sense of humor. :113:

I've seen that before, but I can't for the life of me remember where...
Have you ever ordered radio equipment from a company in Minnesota?

Radio equipment?

4322738c2876def5377fcb0afaf135ad.jpg
I can’t elaborate on what that equipment was for security reasons.

Transmitter eh. Who made it? Power?

Last week I toured the VOA facility at the other end of this state. It was electric. They showed me around all the transmitters and audio chains. We didn't have time to drive the antenna farm, that'll have to be next time.

I prolly oughta sell my Yaesu. It's gathering dust.

After placing an order to be shipped to my work address, this is the email I got when it shipped.....

Tycho,

We tore open a new box of surgical gloves—put them on one finger at a time—then put on an extra pair for good measure. From there we gathered and embraced your order (an order we nurtured, cared for, and put through college). We couldn't decide whether to dress it in silk or velvet, so we met in the middle and ultimately chose cardboard.

Our 5-man starting lineup & our 4-time Sixth Man of the Year hired Flavor Flav of Public Enemy fame and over-sized clock lore to freeze time while we reviewed your order. Garrett didn't do much, but he remembered to slap a cool sticker on your package. Painstakingly personal. The 6 of us then timed our 40-yard dashes on the way to the conference room to discuss how painfully perfect your order was. Finally, finally, finally, a flawless arrangement of products—and it couldn't be sent to a better person. We took a vote (because ************ is a democracy) and the results were unanimous. Yeah, we get a lot of orders, but your order takes the blue ribbon. 'Grats, we threw a grand party, got the Cake Boss himself to send over a custom cake, & set off a few Roman candles in your honor.

When Barry, our close personal friend at USPS, arrived in his freedom-colored chariot, he was taken aback at the raw display of beauty that was your order. Unfortunately, we ate all the cake (Capital-S-Sorry, we skipped lunch and poured all of our hunger into your specific order). Finally, we all lifted your package as one & gave it a proper sendoff. As Barry met the horizon, a single...rolling...tear trickled down Garrett's flushed cheek.

Your order has now shipped.

Garrett is the guy I dealt with while placing the order

Wtf?? Looks like these people have a good sense of humor. :113:

Radio equipment?

Last week I toured the VOA facility at the other end of this state. It was electric. They showed me around all the transmitters and audio chains. We didn't have time to drive the antenna farm, that'll have to be next time.

I can’t discuss the order on any public forum.

Radio equipment?

Okay, what are you using for an antenna?

Or is that what the order is? 'Cause, like, I know a guy.

Radio equipment?

Digging for clues? :)

Radio equipment?

Yep. Whatever it is I've prolly already done it.

So I've heard.

OK here's an educated guess. I wrote about this four years ago:

Today, November 22nd, marks an event that, although it's not the only time it happened, marks one occasion that singularly stands out.

This was the Big One.

And the perpetrators -- there were at least two --- have to this day never been caught or even identified.

I refer of course to the Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion of 1987 in Chicago. First it was the WGN-TV signal interrupted during the sports segment of the evening news:

--- That one was just a few seconds with no audio save a metallic grinding noise. WGN engineers got their signal back by changing the frequency of the signal sent to their transmitter and resumed broadcasting.

But later that night, WTTW-TV ... which had no engineers on duty to take a similar step ... got a longer look:

Narrated Wiki:
The show was interrupted by television static, after which the unidentified man wearing the Max Headroom mask and sunglasses appeared, mentioning WGN pundit, Chuck Swirsky, whom he said he was "better than", going on to call Swirsky a "Freaking Liberal". The man started to moan, scream and laugh.

He continued to laugh and utter various random phrases, including New Coke's advertising slogan "Catch the Wave" while holding a Pepsi can (Max Headroom was a Coca-Cola spokesperson at the time), then tossed the can down, leaned towards the camera and presented the finger wearing a rubber extension over his middle finger, though the gesture was partially offscreen. The man then retrieved the Pepsi can, and sang "Your love is fading", removed the rubber extension, and then began humming the theme song to Clutch Cargo, pausing to say "I still see the X" (often misheard as "I stole CBS"), which referred to the final episode of the series, before resuming humming again.

He then began to moan painfully, exclaiming about his piles, after which a flatulence sound was heard. He then stated that he had "made a giant masterpiece for all the greatest world newspaper nerds" (the WGN call letters used by the Chicago television station as well as its sister radio station are an abbreviation for "World's Greatest Newspaper", in reference to the flagship newspaper of their corporate parent, the Tribune Company's Chicago Tribune). He then held up a glove (similar to the one worn by Michael Jackson at the time) and said, "My brother is wearing the other one." After putting the glove on, he exclaimed "but it's dirty! It's like you got blood stains on it!" He then removed and threw the glove down.

The picture suddenly cut over to a shot of the man's lower torso. His buttocks were partly exposed, and he was holding the now-removed mask up to the camera with the rubber extension now placed in the mouth of the mask, howling, "They're coming to get me!" An unidentified female accomplice wearing a French maid outfit said to him, "Bend over, bitch!". The accomplice then started to spank the man with a flyswatter as the man screamed loudly. The transmission then blacked out for a few seconds before resuming the Doctor Who episode in progress; the hijack lasted for about 90 seconds.[3]

---- Humming the Clutch Cargo theme. HUMMING THE CLUTCH CARGO THEME. :rofl:

I love it. This is art, man.

Interesting too where the second broadcast lands in the Doctor Who dialogue after recovering its signal.

Last edited:

So I've heard.

Today, November 22nd, marks an event that, although it's not the only time it happened, marks one occasion that singularly stands out.

This was the Big One.

And the perpetrators -- there were at least two --- have to this day never been caught or even identified.

I refer of course to the Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion of 1987 in Chicago. First it was the WGN-TV signal interrupted during the sports segment of the evening news:

--- That one was just a few seconds with no audio save a metallic grinding noise. WGN engineers got their signal back by changing the frequency of the signal sent to their transmitter and resumed broadcasting.

But later that night, WTTW-TV ... which had no engineers on duty to take a similar step ... got a longer look:

Narrated Wiki:
The show was interrupted by television static, after which the unidentified man wearing the Max Headroom mask and sunglasses appeared, mentioning WGN pundit, Chuck Swirsky, whom he said he was "better than", going on to call Swirsky a "Freaking Liberal". The man started to moan, scream and laugh.

He continued to laugh and utter various random phrases, including New Coke's advertising slogan "Catch the Wave" while holding a Pepsi can (Max Headroom was a Coca-Cola spokesperson at the time), then tossed the can down, leaned towards the camera and presented the finger wearing a rubber extension over his middle finger, though the gesture was partially offscreen. The man then retrieved the Pepsi can, and sang "Your love is fading", removed the rubber extension, and then began humming the theme song to Clutch Cargo, pausing to say "I still see the X" (often misheard as "I stole CBS"), which referred to the final episode of the series, before resuming humming again.

He then began to moan painfully, exclaiming about his piles, after which a flatulence sound was heard. He then stated that he had "made a giant masterpiece for all the greatest world newspaper nerds" (the WGN call letters used by the Chicago television station as well as its sister radio station are an abbreviation for "World's Greatest Newspaper", in reference to the flagship newspaper of their corporate parent, the Tribune Company's Chicago Tribune). He then held up a glove (similar to the one worn by Michael Jackson at the time) and said, "My brother is wearing the other one." After putting the glove on, he exclaimed "but it's dirty! It's like you got blood stains on it!" He then removed and threw the glove down.

The picture suddenly cut over to a shot of the man's lower torso. His buttocks were partly exposed, and he was holding the now-removed mask up to the camera with the rubber extension now placed in the mouth of the mask, howling, "They're coming to get me!" An unidentified female accomplice wearing a French maid outfit said to him, "Bend over, bitch!". The accomplice then started to spank the man with a flyswatter as the man screamed loudly. The transmission then blacked out for a few seconds before resuming the Doctor Who episode in progress; the hijack lasted for about 90 seconds.[3]

Interesting too where the second broadcast lands in the Doctor Who dialogue after recovering its signal.

You are waaay off. lol

So I've heard.

This was the Big One.

Narrated Wiki:

You are waaay off. lol

Ah so it IS a sex doll.

BOR - ing.

I think they mentioned the surgical gloves because I had them ship the order to a hospital. I did that because the delivery will require a signature.

I think they mentioned the surgical gloves because I had them ship the order to a hospital. I did that because the delivery will require a signature.

You did that so there's no paper trail of you buying a transmitter. Signatures can be requested anywhere.

Forum List

Back