My Opinion on the Foley issue...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
There's too much flying around this week about this guy. Too much political spinning going on to portray either side in a good light.

Foley was just another example of a Political scumbag who thought he had more power then the rest of the population. The guy is a sick bastard, because he hit on young boys while at work in the one job he knows it will be discovered. He was that gay and that horny that he couldn't help himself from thinking he could get away with it.

Now he was asked to resign by Republican leadership as he should have been. That should have been that. Of course in the world of politics, that is never that. This shouldnt even be a story. The guy is a sick bastard and he was forced to resign. End of story. Yet we hear about it like the guy was Dennis Hastert's right hand man and George Bush's 3rd in charge. He was a do nothing congressman that got caught and got fired. He wasnt a key guy on any committee and he wasnt going to swing the House for either side.

What i do find disturbing is the ability of Democrats to boldface lie to the public about their compassion. Gay rights has been one of their biggest issues for the past 20 years on their ticket. The ACLU supports NAMBLA's right to exist even though their organizational goal is for older men to have sex with young boys. Just recently the Governor of NJ had a 2 year affair with a foreigner that landed an unqualified gay lover in the position of Security for the entire State of New Jersey against terrorist threats. The compassion was to wrap their arms around a man who put millions of people's lives in danger for a cute young fling because he was gay and proud. Now the compassion is to burn Foley at the stake because it means a shot at taking down Republican leaders and gaining some politcal points. This sickens me to no end. You either are for gay rights to the extent that your willing to risk people's lives to defend gays or your against them when you feel its politcally expedient to do so.

This whole fiasco that should have ended wit the announcement that Foley was a disgrace and will resign, has now turned into the most transparent partisan witchunt created for the sole purpose of gaining some points in the race to the finish line. I fucking hate politcians. They will destroy this country along with their army of lawyers locked and loaded to do their bidding.

There's too much flying around this week about this guy. Too much political spinning going on to portray either side in a good light.

Foley was just another example of a Political scumbag who thought he had more power then the rest of the population. The guy is a sick bastard, because he hit on young boys while at work in the one job he knows it will be discovered. He was that gay and that horny that he couldn't help himself from thinking he could get away with it.

Now he was asked to resign by Republican leadership as he should have been. That should have been that. Of course in the world of politics, that is never that. This shouldnt even be a story. The guy is a sick bastard and he was forced to resign. End of story. Yet we hear about it like the guy was Dennis Hastert's right hand man and George Bush's 3rd in charge. He was a do nothing congressman that got caught and got fired. He wasnt a key guy on any committee and he wasnt going to swing the House for either side.

What i do find disturbing is the ability of Democrats to boldface lie to the public about their compassion. Gay rights has been one of their biggest issues for the past 20 years on their ticket. The ACLU supports NAMBLA's right to exist even though their organizational goal is for older men to have sex with young boys. Just recently the Governor of NJ had a 2 year affair with a foreigner that landed an unqualified gay lover in the position of Security for the entire State of New Jersey against terrorist threats. The compassion was to wrap their arms around a man who put millions of people's lives in danger for a cute young fling because he was gay and proud. Now the compassion is to burn Foley at the stake because it means a shot at taking down Republican leaders and gaining some politcal points. This sickens me to no end. You either are for gay rights to the extent that your willing to risk people's lives to defend gays or your against them when you feel its politcally expedient to do so.

This whole fiasco that should have ended wit the announcement that Foley was a disgrace and will resign, has now turned into the most transparent partisan witchunt created for the sole purpose of gaining some points in the race to the finish line. I fucking hate politcians. They will destroy this country along with their army of lawyers locked and loaded to do their bidding.

Rep for you---very well said !!

The Democrats are already past the point of no return here, this thing is going to backfire on them. They are licking their chops a bit too much.

The Democrats are already past the point of no return here, this thing is going to backfire on them. They are licking their chops a bit too much.

The real sad thing is this is the only issue they really have for the mid term elections. If they had any real issues to stand for they wouldnt be waisting their time with this garbage.

The Democrats are already past the point of no return here, this thing is going to backfire on them.

You're right - in fact, it already has. The entire focus of the questioning has changed, and rightly so.

At issue is the fact that there were two strands of e-mail communication between Foley and the pages. One involved regular e-mails, and while strange and disturbing, did not sink to the level of outright sallaciousness. The Republican leadership appears to have acted on these, promptly and effectively.

The problem for Democrats arises out of the second strand - the really lewd, damning Instant Messages. The Republican leadership DID NOT know about these - only learning of their existence the way the rest of us did: when ABC broke the story. Some of these IMs date back three years and more.

So, now, the focus shifts. It becomes quite reasonable to ask, "How long ago did Democrats know of these IMs? For how long did they conceal this knowledge, and for what purpose? Shouldn't the Republican leadership, or even the public, have been made aware that this was going on? Was hoarding - and then timing the release of - this information for maximum political effect more important than protecting minor children? Does this party any longer even acknowledge the existence of a truth or duty beyond political expediency?"

Nuc said:
They are licking their chops a bit too much.

Not so much today, I don't think. Stark terror has a way of robbing one's saliva.

In fact, let me get out ahead of the DU curve on this whole thing. It's actually an elaborate trap/countertrap, brilliantly engineered by the evil genius, Karl Rove. And, I have it on good authority that Karl's getting bored; the Dems are just too damned easy. Even when you feed them good information, they have to lie and connive about it; they can't help themselves - it's in their DNA.

The real sad thing is this is the only issue they really have for the mid term elections. If they had any real issues to stand for they wouldnt be waisting their time with this garbage.

Here's an editorial cartoonist that agrees with you. Click on 10/7/06. There are 8 strips to run so give it a minute or two to come up.

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoon/display.cfm/25019

The Dem's last-minute "October Surprises" against George W. in 2000 and against Schwartzenegger in his bid to become Governor of California didn't work. I can't believe that the American people are dumb enough to fall for this hypocrisy either. We'll see.

Forum List

Back