My open letter to Obama

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
I have the prez on myspace and even though I know he does not personally see it,his media rep, does so I sent this just now as a start to reasons why I regret voting for him...hope to have a response soon and if I do i will be sure to post it here.

My name is Kevin Gedert and I voted for you because I believed in you but now I am beginning to regret doing so. Here are the reasons:

You campaigned fast and heavy against the NSA wiretapping and spying believing as so many of us do that it was unwarranted and illegal but now you are for it...why?

When so many Americans are against these bailouts you are continuing with them, completely going against our wishes.

Why are you saying you are shutting down Gitmo but are ok with the idea of military tribunals...seems like an oxymoron view to me, why not just either let the ones go that have no viable evidence against them(which are a majority of them that HAVE been wrongfully imprisoned for quite along time) and send the others to US prisons that will take them and let them have a true day in court,a right that is afforded to all people in this country and deal with them legally and properly.

Why are you bowing down to your opponents and NOT releasing the damning photos of the past administartions tortures and abuses, personally I dont believe the bs that it will harm the troops, damage already done when these acts of illegal nature took place.

And most importantly why does it seem like you are screwing over so many that you say you are trying to help with the stimulus. You give us hard working Americans like myself and my wife a measly 8 bucks or so in our paychecks as "tax relief" when in all reality we wont even get to keep that because you and the idiots at the IRS screwed up the tax code and are taking too much out of some checks which will have to be paid back..in the form of a much smaller refund next year.
Yet you give people that don't work and are on ssi and disability 400-800 bucks in relief, how is that fair to the rest of us??

Thank you for your time and hope to hear back.

Hope is a bitch, babe.

Next time elect someone with a record, someone who has actually accomplished something.

Good Luck...
I think it's awsome that you've seen who he really is! I pray that many more people that voted for him realize what he's doing...

Sent a letter to the WH back when Obama decided to ask for public input on health care reform. Yeah, right. What I got was an email subscription from the WH. The lastest letter came today from David Axelrod.

Hello -

As a Senior Advisor to the President, I'm here in Cairo, Egypt where I watched President Obama deliver an unprecedented speech calling for a new beginning for the United States and Muslim communities around the world.

We all know that there has been tension between the United States and some Muslim communities. But, as the President said this morning, if all sides face the sources of tension squarely and focus on mutual interests, we can find a new way forward.

The President outlined some big goals for this new beginning in his speech -- including disrupting, dismantling, and defeating violent extremism. It was a historic speech, and since many Americans were asleep at the time it was given we wanted to make sure you had a chance to see it:

Majority-Muslim countries around the world are filled with extraordinary people who simply want to live their lives and see their children live better lives, just as in America. Indeed, part of what makes America great is having nearly seven million Muslim Americans living here today and enriching our culture and communities.

We can extend that kind of relationship abroad. It won't always be easy, but if we make an effort to bridge our differences rather than resigning ourselves to animosity, we can move toward a more peaceful world over time.

Thank you,
David Axelrod
Senior Advisor to the President

This email was sent to allbizfr0m925
Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111

Forum List

Back